• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Recently bought a Wii U and been playing Lego City Undercover...this is a very good game indeed. Cheerful and joyous fun packed in a GTA-lite structure packed with things to do. There are some technical hiccups though, which don't absolutely ruin the fun, fortunately.

Two screens :D

zlCfzSOrKpspz03FCN

zlCfzSOrZTMpidMEUQ

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't quite get all the "OMG, WTF, holy shit!" posts about TLoU:R. Yes, it looks good, but it also very much looks like the remastered last-gen game it is. I would be very disappointed if ND's first proper PS4 game didn't look significantly better than this.

I don't quite get all the "OMG, WTF, holy shit!" posts about TLoU:R. Yes, it looks good, but it also very much looks like the remastered last-gen game it is. I would be very disappointed if ND's first proper PS4 game didn't look significantly better than this.

Agreed on all. I'm not even a fan of the artstyle of this game. (Played and beat on PS3, btw) Surely they can do better than this.

If you're using chrome, it's really easy. Alo81 (member here on GAF) made a Chrome extension that lets you grab the original image link by right clicking an image on the photostream.

In action:

Then you just right click on the image and copy the image URL.

Get it here

I actually didn't know about that, lol. Thanks for pointing that out!

Some of us agree, Killzone,Ryse,Infamous and a couple of others are still the lead for graphics.

I think part of what makes it so impressive is the variety in textures, which is probably the highest I have seen in any game. Many of the locations and objects are very well crafted. This was obvious on the ps3 version, but with a big increase in texture resolution it is even more apparent.

Personally, I think Infamous is obviously a lot more technically impressive, but TLoU holds up just because how well it has been made and how this upgrade enables its artistic strengths to shine even more.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is it weird that I am not impressed by TLOUR (except for some faces)?
All these compressed images aren't helping. The shots I've seen taken from USB drives can look pretty good, but being an up-ported PS3 game(meaning a lot of last gen assets), I don't think it can afford compression and still look nice relative to the proper next-gen games that are out.

there is only soo much you can be impressed with graphics before it gets [really] old..
For you, maybe. I find continuing enjoyment in the beauty of some games. So much so that screenshotting has become a major part of the fun for me.

Top Bottom