• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
How can it be that Argentina can produce almost a dozen worldclass strikers and wing players but not a single central midfielder of the same quality? Such a shame really

Aceofspades

Banned
How can it be that Argentina can produce almost a dozen worldclass strikers and wing players but not a single central midfielder of the same quality? Such a shame really

Riquelme was world class..God I miss him.

Also they had Aimar, Ortiga, Veyron all were world class midfielders.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
They had them in the previous generation.

Yeah Riquelme, Aimar and Veron were special but I'm sure if they could swap out one of them strikers of this generation for a CM of the same quality they would've won the last world cup and surely a Copa America as well

Congratz Argentina.

Really happy with my team.

Except for Seijas, Seijas se puede ir al carajo.

Hahahaha.

Venezuela should be proud. Considering how shitty you were in the WC qualy just before this Copa Centenario. Well... I don't know if you still have a chance, but the future looks brighter :)

Toxi

Banned
US team, I am so sorry.
TotalSorrowfulBallpython.gif

Has Ronaldo ever come up big when Portugal needed him?

Euro 2012 was his best competition for the national team

he messed up during the Semi-Final vs Spain by chosing to kick #5 for the PK shootout. . never got to kick... then created the best CR7 gif in history..... injustiça

LAM09

Yeah Riquelme, Aimar and Veron were special but I'm sure if they could swap out one of them strikers of this generation for a CM of the same quality they would've won the last world cup and surely a Copa America as well

Ayala and Riquelme in this squad would have pushed them to victory in both finals. They are too top heavy now.

I still think team USA has a chance. It's slim, but it's there.

I BELIEVE!

Miracles do happen -

https://youtu.be/S58rstMhKK8

i dont think this is a gimme game for Arg. Their backline is not good. If US doesn't sit back I think they've got a good chance to expose it.

mozfan12

Banned
Ay este pendejo...he put on Yasser Corona. Welp he will responsible for at least a couple one on ones.

Ooppss wrong Corona....I take that back. It was Tecatito.

Very entertaining game!

But attempting a panenka when you're down 2-0 to Argentina is just foolish. Venezuela had a ton of momentum the last 10 minutes of the first half, so when you get a PK it's not a time to be cheeky. You need to bury it and keep that energy going into half-time. Instead such a casual cheeky effort just sapped all the energy out of Venezuela and they never were quite the same afterward.

I've seen players do a panenka on potential game winners in shootouts. But those situations, you usually have already seen how the keeper is reacting to shots and if you miss it's not completely over. But I don't think I've ever seen someone do a paneka on a "survival" pk in a shootout or run of play.

Fun game nonetheless. Argentina has been the most consistent team so far this tournament and they have to be the clear favorites. I have a feeling klinsman is going to go for a bunker/rare counter-attack mentality for the semi-final. I also don't think Guzan is going to be up for the task.

Afrikan

Damn talk about home field advantage.

the only spots of red you see in the stands are emty Levi seats... which most likely will be filled up any minute now.

edit- don't get me wrong, I know this is how it usually is when it comes to Mexico... but usually like 70-80%... this looks like 99%. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom