• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it was a yellow but he knew exactly what he was doing there. He intentionally body checked him. Ref should have warned him though.

It's not the defensive player's responsibility to move out of the way of the attacking player. This is true in the rules of all sports that I'm aware of.

This doesn't really matter much when Messi clearly ran straight into him on purpose to draw the foul.

Killing the game before it even began, this is the kind of game were referees have to keep stock of who they give yellows and make sure that they don't hand out yellows unnecessarily. That was a harsh yellow but what makes it a bad referee decision is to hand out the yellow to someone already on a yellow card thereby singlehandedly killing one teams chance at winning the competition. Though I guess it will be pretty funny if Chile held on and won on penalties, that would be delicious karma.

FuturusX

It's not the defensive player's responsibility to move out of the way of the attacking player. This is true in the rules of all sports that I'm aware of.

This doesn't really matter much when Messi clearly ran straight into him on purpose to draw the foul.

There is a diffrence between standing your ground an intentionally blocking a player by moving across his line and turning your back like a wall at pace. The ref had to make the call. But either way not a yellow.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
a lot of fouls in this game. hard for the ref to not get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom