• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cops: FSU student targeted couple at random in face-biting attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-face-biting-attack-cops-fsu-student-austin-harrouff-targeted-couple-at-random/

TEQUESTA, Fla. -- A 19-year-old Florida State University student with no criminal record fatally stabbed a couple at random in their garage, wounded their neighbor and was biting the dead man's face when deputies finally subdued him, authorities said Tuesday.

Martin County Sheriff William Snyder told reporters that Austin Harrouff may have been on hallucinogenic drugs when he attacked Michelle Mishcon, 53, and John Stevens, 59, at their Tequesta home late Monday.

The sheriff said Harrouff joined his family for dinner at a restaurant a short distance away when he stormed off, apparently agitated about slow service. His parents were so worried by his behavior that they called police and some of his fraternity brothers in a futile attempt to find him before the attack.

About 45 minutes later, he apparently targeted the couple at random, the sheriff said.

"It's inexplicable," Snyder said. "One of the first things we try to do at a crime scene is try to understand the motive of the offender, because it is the motive of the offender that gets us going in the right direction. In this case, we can't establish a motive. It's 'I don't know.'"

The son of a dentist, Harrouff is muscular -- he wrestled and played football at Suncoast Community High School in nearby Riviera Beach, where rosters listed him at 6-feet-tall and 200 pounds. He's a sophomore at FSU, majoring in exercise science.

When the first deputy arrived minutes later, she used her Taser on Harrouff, but it didn't faze him, he said. She tried pulling him off Stevens' body, but couldn't. Other deputies arrived shortly along with a dog and it took all of them to subdue Harrouff. Snyder said they didn't shoot, fearing their bullets would strike the victim.

"The suspect in this case was abnormally strong," Snyder said, making him think Harrouff was on drugs. He said hospital blood tests showed no signs of methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin or other common drugs; it will take longer to test for less common hallucinogenic drugs such as flakka or bath salts.

What a nightmare.

Now I have to find out what in the world is flakka.

Viewt

Sounds like bath salts. I think the screening process for that is:

Q: Is the suspect acting like a fucking zombie?
[_] Nah.
[X] Yup

Congrats, it's bath salts.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
People realize that the bath salts stuff tends to be incredibly exaggerated or made up right? The naked guy who was supposedly on bath salts from Florida from several years ago who pulled a similar attack had no bath salts in his system and actually had THC in his system. My friend was one of the people who met with him in jail after they had taken in him and he was undergoing an evaluation for his mental state.

Most likely this person had a mental break of some sort or some other issue. Though drugs are a possibility but bath salts aren't some magic cannibal crazy drug.

Wasn't the dude in FL who bit dudes face off while he wasnalivenfound not to have any bath salts in his system? Wtf is wrong with people.

And why would anyone try bath salts??

Holmes

Florida is so fucking scary! There are so many face eating stories coming out of there. I never want to go there.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Amazing how the cops subdued the guy without shooting him.

Stuff like this makes me afraid to hang around outside at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom