• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cornell Univ. kicks Fox News correspondent off campus (RE: "Liberal Indoctrination")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Cornell Univ. kicks Fox News correspondent off campus

Shortly after Fox News producer Jesse Watters hit the pavement at Cornell University on Oct. 26 to investigate students’ “liberal bias,” he got bounced by the school’s media relations department, according to a report from Syracuse.com.

Watters trained his gaze on Cornell after its student newspaper, The Cornell Sun, published a finding that 96% of the more than $600,000 in political donations from Cornell University faculty went to Democratic candidates, according to the same report.

“That doesn’t seem very diverse to me,” O’Reilly told viewers when the segment aired Monday night.

Watters’ efforts to unmask “liberal indoctrination” drew the university’s ire after he asked students if they burned incense in class, “smoked doobies,” or wanted to house Guatemalan immigrants on their floors.

Watters asked the tough questions, like this one: “I’m going to give you a test to see if you’ve been indoctrinated and how bad it is. Do you think we should build a wall at the Southern border to protect against the illegal alien invasion?”

After the student laughed off Watters, he asked her out.

“Do you have a ‘make America great again hat?’ Can I buy you one?’” Watters said.

“You can’t buy me anything.”

“Dinner?”

“OK, this got weird.”

Reactions on campus ranged from lighthearted to enraged.

“It was funny no matter what your political views are,” Breznick says. “Other students were pissed off about it and angry that Fox News was here.”

Watters said Cornell emailed him a statement, but didn’t give a reason for the ejection.

The statement from Joel Malina, vice president for university relations, cited the school’s media policy, which prohibits interviews with students unless cleared by the media relations department. He said the department ejected Watters to protect student privacy.

“Fox News has been on our campus many times, but they have typically contacted us in advance and worked with us to set up interviews with students,” Malina wrote in the statement. “This time, there was no advance notice. This was one of the rare cases where the media refused to cooperate.”

more:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/10/2...esse-watters-campus-asking-about-liberal-bias

Jesse: What’s the vibe on campus?

“A very diverse campus – a bunch of different people from a bunch of different backgrounds.”

Jesse: It’s not that diverse, because according to this report, 96 percent of the donations from faculty here went to Democrats.

“What’s wrong with that?”

Jesse: Do you ever feel the professors are pushing a political agenda here?

“I’ve got friends who are liberal arts majors – they write a paper and they bring up a conservative viewpoint, they won’t get a good grade.”

“If I want an A, I tailor my paper to how the professor leans.”

Jesse: 95 percent is kinda high.

“It’s really high.”

Jesse: Your brain is a sponge right now, and I’m worried that these teachers are starting to have a chilling effect.

“Uh…”

Jesse: I’m going to give you a test to see if you’ve been indoctrinated and how bad it is. Do you think we should build a wall on the Southern border to protect against the illegal alien invasion?

[laughter]

“The invasion…”

“Make it out of ice.”

Jesse: That’s not very smart from a Cornell student.

“Well, it’s because I’m indoctrinated, so I know nothing.”

Jesse: So you’d be okay with Guatemalans coming into your dorm room and sleeping on your floor?

“Okay, no.”

Jesse: What is the national debt right now?

“200 million.”

Jesse: 18 Trillion. Professors aren’t tell you the truth.

“Maybe not.”

Jesse: What do you think about Hillary Clinton?

“After the whole email scandal, I’ve lost a lot of trust in her.”

Jesse: Do you trust Hillary?

“Yes.”

Jesse: Then why did she lie about the Benghazi attacks being about a video when she knew it was about a terrorist attack?

“Huh…”

“I don’t think that she was lying at all to the American public.”

Jesse: Sanders – you feelin’ the Bern?

“I feel like Hillary will give him the burn.”

O’Reilly’s Take:

O'Reilly: "They hated you."

Jesse: They did.

O'Reilly: "There's no doubt about it. Did the guy tell you why you couldn't shoot?"

Jesse: Finally I got a statement. It didn't say why I couldn't shoot, it just says Cornell does not consider a person's political stance in its hiring practices.

O'Reilly: "You didn't ask them anything about that."

Jesse: Maybe they should if 96% are Democrats.

O'Reilly: "Don't they know they looked 18 times worse not having you question?"

Jesse: Maybe after they hire some conservative professors, they can hire a new PR team.

O'Reilly: "They told me the real reason they didn't want you on campus."

Jesse: What was that?

O'Reilly: "You had mittens...That offended almost everybody."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom