• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could it work or am I too wishful? (DS related)

suikodan

I was talking to a friend recently who works at Ubi Montreal and we were talking about the NDS. We exchanged some rough game ideas and I thought about Pandora Tomorrow on the DS.

On the upper screen, you would have the main action from your spy or merc POV then on the bottom screen, you could use it to check your partner in action or see the POV of a sticky camera, you could even chat with your partner with the stylus.

Could this be a good idea for 2 screens use? Could the DS handle that kind of two-screen action? What could be good ideas for the 2nd screen rather than having a map or to rub the stylus on some 2D ass?

Discuss.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
AFAIK, you can't have both screens displaying the same (ARM9) quality 3D graphics which would kinda be necessary for your idea.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Access your PDA, a sticky camera's point of view, or even those cameras you put under the door to see on the other side, an hacking interface to unlock doors or keypads on doorways, in multiplayer you could use voice chat to communicate, team vs team you could have a map on the 2nd screen to know where your friends are on the map, maybe even know where enemies are by placing emitters on walls.

And sure the DS could do that kind of dual screen action.

and marc, the 2nd screen doesnt have to display the same quality of graphics as the main one, a camera for example, can be more blurry, have image artifacts because of interferences, you can save a lot of ressources by using that excuse ;) The characters dont have to be anywhere near as detailed, as long as you can tell whats inside the room and if there's enemies, its doing its job.

Top Bottom