• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

The classic "he is hacking because I don't understand game mechanics or what hacks can and cannot affect". It's always great

G2 vs fnatic BO1 elimination match HYPE

Somebody tell me how Aizy was able to pull that last jumping awp shot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86XOPwPnwA&feature=youtu.be

Odds are I try that my shot ends up halfway across the map.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess he is hacking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPprMk7elUY&feature=youtu.be

lol you can't be serious? He's standing on the ledge in your first clip and second one is probably a lucky shot. Hard to know more since that video has no context and I didn't see the match.

Not every kill in/through smoke is cheating

I have too much hope for Liquid after the last major and this lineup being even better makes me believe for them. Hope they at least make it to the stage so I can watch them play :D

Woke up just now cause my body couldn't handle being up for 24 hours. I saw Faze win two ecos and knew they had it in the bag.

GET YO FAZE UP. Shame G2 couldn't beat SK to give us that elimination Fnatic vs SK match. :(

EDIT: fuck bet me skins on Faze but apparently forgot to switch my Pick Em to Faze. :(

003mGlO.jpg

KennyS won't let me down twice. I believe. ^-^

Hixx

SK kicked out of ELeague

Wonder why

edit: EAT POOP

ignoring me on Steam while posting in here. Eat all of the poop.

Hixx

Should open it.

Sure, you could get an UMP or some shit Dualies but you could also get a Dragon Lore, maaaaaaan. Who needs £15 of Steam credit anyway...

tootsi666

why should they? changing seeding based on what happens in between majors/qualifiers doesnt make a lot of sense to me.
Because the current system allows for groups like SK, fnatic, FaZe and G2 happen. Top 8 from the last Major already got rewarded with direct invites and 3 months is a long time in eSports. Tgwri1s wrote a good article about it couple weeks ago.

KingKong

Because the current system allows for groups like SK, fnatic, FaZe and G2 happen. Top 8 from the last Major already got rewarded with direct invites and 3 months is a long time in eSports. Tgwri1s wrote a good article about it couple weeks ago.

I'm a fan of keeping things logical and consistent. Major results determine next major placement makes sense to me. If you start doing this, then you start overrating and rewarding teams like G2 based on a few recent results. How would you even do this, using the eye test? some kind of points system?

and tbh I don't even see a problem with a stacked group. It happens in every other sport and it's exciting. Look at the Euro bracket this year for example

JDB

Banned
Considering how often teams are gods for about a week I don't think people will ever be satisfied with the seeding.

baby

what other objective way could groups be sorted?

tootsi666

I'm a fan of keeping things logical and consistent. Major results determine next major placement makes sense to me. If you start doing this, then you start overrating and rewarding teams like G2 based on a few recent results. How would you even do this, using the eye test? some kind of points system?

and tbh I don't even see a problem with a stacked group. It happens in every other sport and it's exciting. Look at the Euro bracket this year for example
Perfect seeding system doesn't exist but pretty much anything is better than seeding based on something that happened months ago with different rosters. Valve has managed to do invites in Dota based on non-valve events, I'm sure they could do seeding in CSGO as well.

I don't know anything about football but making out of groups is a big deal in CSGO.
just do it like TI, one massive round robin to decide the seeds
This also works

LET'S FUCKING GO TIME TO GET MY NIP SIGNED DRAGON LORE

edit: fak nevermind it's LG vs FaZe I got the drop for. :/

Who the fuck is Marcelo David?

EDIT 2: ColdZera. :/

Already got 2 more drops this major than MLG Columbus. Didn't get a single one from Columbus, gotten a Dust II and Cobblestone so far. :))))

Top Bottom