• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

Meier

GAF Team Rosters (captains italicized):

ACEN
Branduil- Beam Me Up Scotty F
adamblade - Manute Bol F
Birdman02 - John Stockton G
pilonv1 - Stephen Jackson F
Blackace - Shawn Kemp F
OpinionatedCyborg - Pistol Pete Maravich G
Branduil - Dirk Nowitzki F
rotaryspirit - Smush Parker G
Enron - Roy Tarpley F
Branduil - Jason Eugene Terry G

Team NeoGAF 2.0
woodchuck - Calvin Booth F
Meier - Reginald Fils-Aime F
Meier - Noel Gallagher G
AirBrian - Popeye Jones F
Jamesfrom818 - The Machine G
aznpxdd - Kevin McFail F
NewLib - Harold Miner G
OpinionatedCyborg - Mark Price G
DY_nasty - Raymond Felton G
DCX - John Starks G

OKCityBarons
methodman - Monta Ellis G
Karakand - Cedric Ceballos F
? - Linas Kleiza G
Rodeo Clown - Randy Foye G
The Frankman - Jerome James F
Malleymal - Mark Eaton F
pheeniks - Antony Mason F
NinjaScooter - Slava Medvedenko F
Kung Foo Kid - Jesus Shuttlesworth G
viakado - james worthy F

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kemp had a decent game tonight. ACEN has scoring to spare. I like it! Just we need to avoid those long losing streaks

Not out fault. Our 10th guy came in late so we were a Playground A Team for 1 day. Now we face teams in College D (our Division) and C next.

Branduil

BTW, everyone should read this:

http://www.courtrivals.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=33088

* Three point shots are not taken *as* frequently any more. Please be advised that the reduction in probability for a 3 point shot to be taken right now is only 20% or so. (A two point shot will be taken in its place)

* Free throw shooting percentage has been tweaked so that there is a stronger correlation between the free throw shooting attribute and converted free throws

* Team chemistries are now more effective. Each level of a team chemistry infers a 20% reduction to your opponent's attributes (e.g. Team Chems are twice as powerful as they were before)

* Random "effects" in the sim have been tuned downward some so that results should be a little bit more consistent from game to game (please be advised that there are STILL opportunities for upsets and the like)

* Defense/blocking now reduce your opponent's scoring output instead of simply giving you more scoring output (aka defense works as you probably think it does now)

* Filler players will be scaled based on the day of the Season it is. (e.g. a filler player on Day 1 will not be as effective as a filler player on Day 40)

* The rating system has been modified as detailed here (http://www.courtrivals.com/forums/viewt … p?id=33822)

* Teams can now challenge other teams 2 times per season (increased from once per season)

* Modified the sim to give more predictable statistical output in the absence of player chemistries

SyNapSe

* Defense/blocking now reduce your opponent's scoring output instead of simply giving you more scoring output (aka defense works as you probably think it does now)

I saw this in the announcements forums the other day sounds good that its working now. I'm not sure I understand how it was working before.. so getting a steal/block probably gave you a chance to get out on a fast break and score easier but how does that not reduce their scoring already.

Meier

SyNapSe said:
I saw this in the announcements forums the other day sounds good that its working now. I'm not sure I understand how it was working before.. so getting a steal/block probably gave you a chance to get out on a fast break and score easier but how does that not reduce their scoring already.
Before it didn't necessarily lower the other teams scoring output, it just made your team more likely to score apparently. So it boosted team offensive capability apparently.

Meier said:
Before it didn't necessarily lower the other teams scoring output, it just made your team more likely to score apparently. So it boosted team offensive capability apparently.

Mason's defense was horrible...that explains sooo much :lol

Blackace

Woot the gaf rounds are now two times in a season!

Blackace

Branduil said:
Except Dirk, who scored double...points. Man, this game really hates Dirk's shooting. :(

He had double digit rebounds so all is good

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Enron said:
ha. Acen 2-0. Two new players, new coach, same old same old. Truly a model franchise.

Also 2-0 when it comes to asterisks.

Barons own the title of season 2.
2.0 owns the title of season 3.

You guys are like the Pistons of Court Rivals, so satisfied with almost getting there.

Branduil

DY_nasty said:

You guys are like the Pistons of Court Rivals, so satisfied with almost getting there.
I'm sorry what were their records again?

Enron

Banned
DY_nasty said:

umad-img.jpg

Blackace

DY_nasty said:

wait? are those the titles the Barons and 2.0 think they should but don't?

Branduil

DY_nasty said:
Says the Playground team!
Says the TOP playground team. We replaced two players with brand new ones, and we're still one win up on yours and only 4 rating points behind yours. I'm not sure why we should care what a team-jumper says anyway. At the first sign of trouble you'll bail out on them just like your first team.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Branduil said:
Says the TOP playground team. We replaced two players with brand new ones, and we're still one win up on yours and only 4 rating points behind yours. I'm not sure why we should care what a team-jumper says anyway. At the first sign of trouble you'll bail out on them just like your first team.

I replaced 3 players and stayed in College the whole time. You're beating down the rest of your playground opponents, congrats :lol

Blackace

DY_nasty said:
Says the Playground team!

well then you lost two seasons in a row to a playground team..doesn't look good for ya

Meier

I was pretty shocked by the move frankly. Coldblooded -- but 2.0 has a shot at greatness and Pistol Pete wanted to join his bro and be a part of it!

I have another player on a diff team that I can move over to get you guys back to 10 dudes -- let me tell the other team he is on tonight will be my last night.

http://www.courtrivals.com/showPlayerProfile.php?pid=6750 -- Preston Parker will be available to join ACEN tomorrow.

Blackace

Meier said:
I was pretty shocked by the move frankly. Coldblooded -- but 2.0 has a shot at greatness and Pistol Pete wanted to join his bro and be a part of it!

I have another player on a diff team that I can move over to get you guys back to 10 dudes -- let me tell the other team he is on tonight will be my last night.

Just be nice for him to say.."Hey I am moving on" Instead of "Hey I want to be the coach" and then bailing after 2 games.. :lol

Meier

pilonv1 said:
As long as you're not going to leave then it's cool.

Although I'm not sure about having guys on two teams
Well it's up to you guys. Frankly I could just give the account to you if you wanted.

Enron

Banned
what a fucking asshole. Seriously, if you wanted to move, you should have just done so before the season started. This is jackholery at its finest.

Well, if you cant beat them, cripple them so they aren't in your league anymore, I guess.

I apologize to the rest of Acen, I should have smelled this coming, because cyborg told me during season 3 that he was thinking of bailing for 2.0, but I kept that quiet.

Let it be known that Acen won 2 championships without trying to destroy other teams in order to do so! 2.0 are bitches!

pilonv1

Enron said:
I apologize to the rest of Acen, I should have smelled this coming, because cyborg told me during season 3 that he was thinking of bailing for 2.0, but I kept that quiet.

wow, what a jackass.

Enron

Banned
pilonv1 said:
wow, what a jackass.

No, not really. It was jackass to decide to go AND WAIT until after the new season started, beg to be coach, and THEN screw us over in finding replacement players that won't take us back down to Playground levels since most decent players are already on teams.

Like I said before. If you don't have the (fantasy basketball sim) skills, then you pretty much have to resort to stuff like this to get ahead. They failed miserably at it last season, so hey, try again!

Top Bottom