• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 4 thread!

And from Neogaf 2.0's private board:

Yesterday 22:32:39

cyborg
Pistol Pete Maravich
Team NeoGAF 2.0

Re: I need to retire.

ACEN's pretty much dead. Nick quit and Branduil's filling up the team with a bunch of ~280 credit players. They're going nowhere this season. I want to play one more season, hopefully make the playoffs, and then quit, so there's no reason for me to stick with them.

Smush, Jax, and Tarpley are all decent players, though. I didn't want to abandon them, but oh well. Collateral damage.

Enron had the opportunity to get Mark Price last season. You guys would've been stuck with the far inferior John Stockton. Oh yeah, and part of the deal would've been to send a 450ish point Josh Howard your way for Harold Miner. Because he didn't jump on that opportunity to destroy Team Neogaf 2.0, his own team has now been rendered irrelevant. tsk tsk this shit's serious business

Last edited by cyborg (Yesterday 22:37:57)

:D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
FAIL

ACEN's current roster is leading the polls for All-Chump Season 4 at CR right now.

DY_nasty

viakado said:
so, any good rebounders on acens ever think about wearing the crown of black and brown?:D

3 rebounders on the Barons?

Haven't you been down that road before?

DY_nasty

The Frankman said:
hey HEY now. I'm gonna keep posting crap unless I see smiles and hugs. SMILES AND HUGS, PEOPLE!!!

This isn't intramurals!

pilonv1

The Frankman said:
hey HEY now. I'm gonna keep posting crap unless I see smiles and hugs. SMILES AND HUGS, PEOPLE!!!

its fine, everyone here is cool except dy_nasty who's a filthy bobcats and jordan supporter

DY_nasty

pilonv1 said:
barons and acen should join forces against the heathens

Barons are pretty stacked right now... I'd ask nicely if I were you. ;)

Enron

Banned
pilonv1 said:
barons and acen should join forces against the heathens

Nah. We had to replace 3 players last season, and we still CAME OUT ON TOP OF 2.0, even with them picking off players from other teams mid-season and all their "strategizing" and with us being "dead" with someone owning "half the team". So I figure we just check the team once a week, and we should be able to hold them off.

DY_nasty

How can you come out on top when you have a BIG FAT L looking back at you from when you met up with them.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DY_nasty said:
How can you come out on top when you have a BIG FAT L looking back at you from when you met up with them.

the team you were playing for at that did what? :lol

aznpxdd

It's OK! We've got enough for everyone on ACEN and Barons!

tampons.jpg

Branduil

Well, at least this happened before we got any chemistries. We have more than enough time to get new quality players and win the GAF championship, again, much to the chagrin of the ever-whiny team-jumper DY Nasty. Pistol Pete added scoring to our team, but that's about all he did, and in the end, scoring is the easiest thing to replace.

Branduil said:
Well, at least this happened before we got any chemistries. We have more than enough time to get new quality players and win the GAF championship, again, much to the chagrin of the ever-whiny team-jumper DY Nasty. Pistol Pete added scoring to our team, but that's about all he did, and in the end, scoring is the easiest thing to replace.
He had the same rebounds/game as Jax and Jax has 3 inches on him. He had the most steals/game on ACEN. He had the second highest leadership on the team (110). His defensive rating (80) was among the highest on the team. His speed attribute was the highest on the team. He had the most training points in the GAF league, so he was quite diversified. He wasn't amazing, but he was more than your average chucker. Don't forget that his 34 point 12 rebound performance is what gave me the coaching position and left ACEN vulnerable :D.

Blackace

OpinionatedCyborg said:
he was quite diversified. He wasn't amazing, but he was more than your average chucker. Don't forget that his 34 point 12 rebound performance is what gave me the coaching position and left ACEN vulnerable :D.

He is dope that is why I voted him for MVP... but this last line irks me...

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
viakado said:
so is acens and barons joining forces or what?
"we are stronger together than we could ever be apart"

if it ever were to happen, it would only be right to do it the die nasty way and do business behind closed doors...

Branduil

Oh man, the team we're playing has both a Dirk and an Earl the Pearl on their team.

Fortunately their Dirk is on the bench so there's no confusion.

Meier

I had to go to a wake after work (co-worker's wife died) and didn't check the game until I got home. What the heck is going on with cyborg?!

Blackace

Meier said:
I had to go to a wake after work (co-workers wife died) and didn't check the game until I got home. What the heck is going on with cyborg?!

he is on 2.0

but it was pretty lame that he joined ACEN again then left again.. don't know what he was exactly trying to do with that

Meier

Blackace, can you see about getting this account approved: DetRed88 ? He plays CourtRivals too. Seems like a good dude.

SyNapSe

Thanks, I knew that part but just wasn't sure when points stopped counting or began counting for the next day.

The endurance training is starting to make it difficult to fit in my daily points as well. I just trained real fast yesterday so I could double hit endurance but its left me with little time to use my points for today. At 25 Endurance on both guys, gonna sneak in 2 more somehow.

SyNapSe

Branduil said:
Premium really helps with Endurance. I got mine up to 27 and was done.

Oh yeah, I'm at 25 will make 27. It's just when you are a brand new guy and have all skills at 5:00 minute mark its tough to train and not waste points. You can really fly threw those first 200ish points by training back2back2back on 1 skill each day.

Top Bottom