• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain coming to PS4 on September 28 in Japan

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Pretty good news granted its still just the JP release info, this should at least secure a spot in the West now that they are doing a PS4 version too. Am a bit surprised that the price isnt a bit lower though considering its a port. But one thing for sure is with the time I had spent with the original Vita release game is packed with content that more than makes up for the price.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, Nippon Ichi Software's dungeon RPG for PS Vita launched in Japan in June 2016, is coming to PlayStation 4 in Japan on September 28, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals. It will cost 6,980 yen for the standard edition and 8,980 yen for the limited edition.

The PlayStation 4 version is a complete port, but the amount of ”Facet Visuals" have been increased due to high demand.

Source from Gematsu.

For those curious about the game link to the import OT for the 2016 release below.

Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain - Import OT

Promotional Trailer from the Vita ver release.

Tohsaka

I guess this is why NISA hasn't localized it yet. I've been wanting to play it, will buy it whenever they get around to releasing it here.

Saphirax

There is a chance~

I'm glad it's getting ported since it increases the chances of us getting the game in the west.

Parakeetman

I guess this is why NISA hasn't localized it yet. I've been wanting to play it, will buy it whenever they get around to releasing it here.

Makes sense that they were sitting on to wait for the PS4 release. Seeing how they are about maximizing coverage of their IP in order to pull in more sales. Hopefully since they had time to work on the script since its release last year means that for you folks in the West a release announcement is sooner than later.

Wonder if in the future that means they will consider doing a Steam version too seeing how they have done so with other IPs that they own.

One thing for sure is this is one of the more interesting DRPGs to own due to not only the dungeon designs but some of the mechanics used. Game can be pretty brutal at times though as it most def uses a risk vs reward type of system. But for NIS first foray into the DRPG genre they did one hell of a good job which surprised a lot of folks here.

Parakeetman

Hopefully they bring both versions over, not really interested in playing DRPGs on my TV tbh.

As long as they didnt add anything to the PS4 version that wont be in the Vita version would imagine NISA to release both the PS4 / PSV versions. That and they know they still have a fairly hardcore Vita following in the West as dire as the situation for the platform is there in general.

Dorarnae

nice. wasn't planning to buy the game again but if we get ps4 version in english, I'll probably get it.
I enjoyed my time with it.

Top Bottom