• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria launches September 26 in Japan for PS5, PS4

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Happy Big Bang Theory GIF

👀 👀 👀 👀
And who's your girl? 👀

Thick Thighs Save Lives

"The Legend of Heroes: Trails of the World -Farewell, O Zemuria-" to be released on September 26, 2024
Official website updated!

■ Black Garden Castle (Grimgarten)
In order to reclaim the virtual space that has been taken over by the Society of the Self-Devouring Snake, form a party and conquer each area of the castle!

GTUEM61b0AA_LWx

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Via Noisy Pixel

Nihon Falcom has unveiled two brief new commercials for The Legend of Heroes Kai no Kiseki -Farewell O Zemuria, which will be released next month.

None of the visuals in these commercials are new, but there are newly voiced lines that sound rather ominous, particularly regarding Agnès.

You can view the new commercials for The Legend of Heroes Kai no Kiseki -Farewell O Zemuria below and via this article’s header:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt 👀

Last edited:

graywolf323

I think the reason I'm not progressing is because I'm stopped right at the final door that leads to the final boss of CS1, and I'm kinda not getting in the mood to play through it.
that’s me but CS2, I‘m at the final (final) dungeon and I just took a break several months ago but haven’t gotten back to it

edit: I FINALLY beat Cold Steel II this evening ^_^

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Via Noisy Pixel:
Dengeki has announced that a new broadcast featuring Nihon Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo will premiere on August 30, 2024, at 7 AM ET/ 4 AM PT.

Alongside gameplay of the Japan-only PlayStation 3 port of Trails in the Sky FC, Kondo will discuss the upcoming The Legend of Heroes Kai no Kiseki -Farewell O Zemuria- and new merchandise.

Fans can set a reminder for this broadcast via YouTube.

cman

Neo Member
Livestream will be on soon, wonder on what new stuff they will show on Farewell o zemuria...

cman

Neo Member
So, I just read a fan translation on farewell O Zemuria stuff Kondo San said during the livestream before:

Kai news will be released weekly starting from next week.
The masked rangers are a new force being introduced with Kai.
Kai will kick off with a bang, featuring important characters right from the start.
The development of Kai has been completed.
The game has the second-largest script size in the series.

"Daybreak is a great entry point in the series, but its sequel is gonna require you having played an additional 32 trails games."
I've seriously thought about "starting" into this franchise by playing Daybreak but I get the impression that it would be like starting to watch Naruto at episode 400 or so, sure you can ignore what happened in the previous 399 episodes but you won't understand or enjoy much of what you see

In terms of absolutely the most overwhelming video game franchise I can think of trying to play from scratch, Trails might be the #1 of all time. Over 200 years, over 567 games, 58,000 hours of content, etc.

I'm just going to not bother playing Daybreak lmao

I think this is also why other long-running JRPG franchises operate more as anthology series where excepting rare direct sequels, every game is a new story and a new world. You can start playing Final Fantasy at 7, 10, 13, 16, or whatever and not feel lost because you haven't played the previous 20 years worth of games. The same goes for Shin Megami Tensei, and even Falcom's own Ys franchise. I guess it's great for longtime fans who have been following along their whole lives that something like Trails exists, but for people who didn't start 20 years ago, it's basically impossible to catch up. I never watched Naruto when I was a kid either, there's no fucking way I could get into it now even if I wanted to for the same reason

Last edited:

cman

Neo Member
New gameplay video:

Read from Noisy Pixel:

In a new interview with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo on the outlet Weibo, he emphasizes that Van is the protagonist of this title. His story focus is roughly 50-60% of the overall narrative, while the remaining 40% focus is on Rean and Kevin, at least to an extent. The latter two are stated to be vital, with their perspectives being used as vehicles for other characters’ stories, too.

Further, the prologue will be divided between Van and Rean, while the chapters after that point will have a route selection mechanic similar to Trails into Reverie.

New gameplay video:

Read from Noisy Pixel:

In a new interview with Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo on the outlet Weibo, he emphasizes that Van is the protagonist of this title. His story focus is roughly 50-60% of the overall narrative, while the remaining 40% focus is on Rean and Kevin, at least to an extent. The latter two are stated to be vital, with their perspectives being used as vehicles for other characters’ stories, too.

Further, the prologue will be divided between Van and Rean, while the chapters after that point will have a route selection mechanic similar to Trails into Reverie.

I hope we get a Musse sighting 👀

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Falcom just revealed 7 more characters NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt 👀

Via Gematsu:

■ Characters

Simeon, the Imaginator
(voiced by Kosuke Toriumi)

“Hello, heroes who will try to free the ‘Demon Castle.’ Good job coming all the way here.”

Enforcer No. VII of Ouroboros. He is known by the alias “Imaginator.”

Through “Soukata”—thought fragments—he has the power to materialize anything that comes to his mind, including legendary-level cryptids. Due to how dangerous his power is, the Septian Church and the Bracer Guild has deemed it a target of extreme caution.

He is a mysterious, yet well-mannered man. In fact, the medieval gothic look that the virtual world of Grim Garten has after the Society took it over was seemingly due to his tastes.

Ulrica, the Word Whisperer (voiced by Ikumi Hasegawa)

“Guess I’m gonna be loggin’ off now! Be sure to leave a like and subscribe to my channel~!”

Enforcer No. XVIII of Ouroboros. She is also known as the “Word Whisperer.”

Using “Kotodama”—the power of words—she can interfere with a person’s actions and cognizance. Her power even allows her to directly affect combat ability.

She looks and acts like a stereotypical “gal,” but she is surprisingly sensible, even going as far as rebuking other members of the Society.
Ulrica is also a popular online streamer, but she hides her identity as well as her power of Kotodama, believing that it is “disrespectful to viewers and other streamers.”

Ixs, the Glinting Bullet (voiced by Shun Horie)

“I’ll give you a hint, but it’ll cost you your life, Arkride!”

After the incident with the Grendel Zolga, he officially joined Ouroboros as Enforcer No. XX-a.

He has the ability to control magic bullets that he shoots at almost impossible angles. He specializes in tricky, long-range combat.

Born in the D∴G Cult that rejected Aidios, the Goddess of the Sky, he and his twin sister Jorda transferred over to the assassins group Garden after the destruction of the cult.

Ixs is quite sadistic and constantly shows hints of insanity. Having a hard time connecting to Ouroboros’ principle of being able to determine how one lives by themselves, this disconnect slowly begins to create a rift between him and his sister.

Jorda, the Shadow Eater (voiced by Aoi Koga)

“This is the only way of bringing resolution that I know.”

Together with her twin brother, Ixs, she officially joined Ouroboros as Enforcer No. XX-b.

Her ability is being able to summon a gigantic hand made from “shadows,” which she can freely control even through walls.

She was born and raised along with her brother in the darker side of the world, through the D∴G Cult and Garden. However, she still reacts to things much like a normal girl her age would.

She finds comfort in the Society, where she is free to act in any way that she desires. However, she begins feeling worried about her brother Ixs, who does not share those same sentiments.

President Roy Gramheart (voiced by Rikiya Koyama)

“Citizens of Calvard, and the world. Let us grab Zemuria’s future by the horns together!”

He is Agnes’ father, and the 23rd President of the Republic of Calvard.

Behind his wild and dandy looks lies a frank but reliable manner of speech. He is overwhelmingly popular among citizens, regardless of generation.

He used to be a soldier for the Republic but moved into politics after retirement. When then-President Rocksmith was elected, he formed the Patriot Party to follow his own path.

In this installment, he reveals the details of Project Startaker, which had been in the works behind closed doors, to all countries of Zemuria. He aims to make his project into reality by maneuvering whatever he can, including the Republic Army of Calvard, the Central Intelligence Department (CID), and the Marduk Company.

Kasim Al-Fayed (voiced by Yuichiro Umehara)

“This is a great opportunity, Feri. Show me your growth as a warrior.”

The older brother of Feri, who is praised as the best warrior in the elite jaeger corps, Warriors of Kruga. He also goes by the name Khamsin.

He has the highest combat and tactical ability on the continent, as is now working as the head of security at Marduk Total Security Company.

Two years ago, he was an instructor for Van, who signed a contract with the Marduk Company. Through Kasim, Van was able to learn how to use his stun caliber and his hollow style martial arts, the Zero Strike.

In this installment, in accordance with his contract with President Gramheart, he becomes involved in Project Startaker as head of security of the Marduk Company.

Mirabel Aalton (voiced by Tsugumi Sakuragi)

“Ya better not underestimate the Super Service Concierge, Ms. Mirabel!”

She is an upper-ranked service concierge working for Marduk Total Security Company. Having a distinct way of speaking, she is very cheerful, but sometimes overly frank. While she does come across as crude at times, her skills as a service concierge are second to none.

She was also deeply involved in the development of Marchen Garten, the world’s first virtual reality simulator from Marduk Total Security Company.

A co-worker and a good friend to Risette, who is on a temporary assignment at the Arkride Solutions Office, it seems as though Mirabel knows some information regarding Risette’s past.

Falcom just revealed 7 more characters NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt 👀

Via Gematsu:

■ Characters

Simeon, the Imaginator
(voiced by Kosuke Toriumi)

“Hello, heroes who will try to free the ‘Demon Castle.’ Good job coming all the way here.”

Enforcer No. VII of Ouroboros. He is known by the alias “Imaginator.”

Through “Soukata”—thought fragments—he has the power to materialize anything that comes to his mind, including legendary-level cryptids. Due to how dangerous his power is, the Septian Church and the Bracer Guild has deemed it a target of extreme caution.

He is a mysterious, yet well-mannered man. In fact, the medieval gothic look that the virtual world of Grim Garten has after the Society took it over was seemingly due to his tastes.

Ulrica, the Word Whisperer (voiced by Ikumi Hasegawa)

“Guess I’m gonna be loggin’ off now! Be sure to leave a like and subscribe to my channel~!”

Enforcer No. XVIII of Ouroboros. She is also known as the “Word Whisperer.”

Using “Kotodama”—the power of words—she can interfere with a person’s actions and cognizance. Her power even allows her to directly affect combat ability.

She looks and acts like a stereotypical “gal,” but she is surprisingly sensible, even going as far as rebuking other members of the Society.
Ulrica is also a popular online streamer, but she hides her identity as well as her power of Kotodama, believing that it is “disrespectful to viewers and other streamers.”

Ixs, the Glinting Bullet (voiced by Shun Horie)

“I’ll give you a hint, but it’ll cost you your life, Arkride!”

After the incident with the Grendel Zolga, he officially joined Ouroboros as Enforcer No. XX-a.

He has the ability to control magic bullets that he shoots at almost impossible angles. He specializes in tricky, long-range combat.

Born in the D∴G Cult that rejected Aidios, the Goddess of the Sky, he and his twin sister Jorda transferred over to the assassins group Garden after the destruction of the cult.

Ixs is quite sadistic and constantly shows hints of insanity. Having a hard time connecting to Ouroboros’ principle of being able to determine how one lives by themselves, this disconnect slowly begins to create a rift between him and his sister.

Jorda, the Shadow Eater (voiced by Aoi Koga)

“This is the only way of bringing resolution that I know.”

Together with her twin brother, Ixs, she officially joined Ouroboros as Enforcer No. XX-b.

Her ability is being able to summon a gigantic hand made from “shadows,” which she can freely control even through walls.

She was born and raised along with her brother in the darker side of the world, through the D∴G Cult and Garden. However, she still reacts to things much like a normal girl her age would.

She finds comfort in the Society, where she is free to act in any way that she desires. However, she begins feeling worried about her brother Ixs, who does not share those same sentiments.

President Roy Gramheart (voiced by Rikiya Koyama)

“Citizens of Calvard, and the world. Let us grab Zemuria’s future by the horns together!”

He is Agnes’ father, and the 23rd President of the Republic of Calvard.

Behind his wild and dandy looks lies a frank but reliable manner of speech. He is overwhelmingly popular among citizens, regardless of generation.

He used to be a soldier for the Republic but moved into politics after retirement. When then-President Rocksmith was elected, he formed the Patriot Party to follow his own path.

In this installment, he reveals the details of Project Startaker, which had been in the works behind closed doors, to all countries of Zemuria. He aims to make his project into reality by maneuvering whatever he can, including the Republic Army of Calvard, the Central Intelligence Department (CID), and the Marduk Company.

Kasim Al-Fayed (voiced by Yuichiro Umehara)

“This is a great opportunity, Feri. Show me your growth as a warrior.”

The older brother of Feri, who is praised as the best warrior in the elite jaeger corps, Warriors of Kruga. He also goes by the name Khamsin.

He has the highest combat and tactical ability on the continent, as is now working as the head of security at Marduk Total Security Company.

Two years ago, he was an instructor for Van, who signed a contract with the Marduk Company. Through Kasim, Van was able to learn how to use his stun caliber and his hollow style martial arts, the Zero Strike.

In this installment, in accordance with his contract with President Gramheart, he becomes involved in Project Startaker as head of security of the Marduk Company.

Mirabel Aalton (voiced by Tsugumi Sakuragi)

“Ya better not underestimate the Super Service Concierge, Ms. Mirabel!”

She is an upper-ranked service concierge working for Marduk Total Security Company. Having a distinct way of speaking, she is very cheerful, but sometimes overly frank. While she does come across as crude at times, her skills as a service concierge are second to none.

She was also deeply involved in the development of Marchen Garten, the world’s first virtual reality simulator from Marduk Total Security Company.

A co-worker and a good friend to Risette, who is on a temporary assignment at the Arkride Solutions Office, it seems as though Mirabel knows some information regarding Risette’s past.

I can't wait 👀👀👀👀

Top Bottom