• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crayola Crayon timeline. Dig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What color is a Beaver crayon?

Where the hell do they come up with these completely useless names?

belgurdo

Banned
Dan said:
What color is a Beaver crayon?

Where the hell do they come up with these completely useless names?

They let kids and obsessed fans name them every couple of years, unfortunately

I mean, "macaroni and cheese?" Come on

I curse the day they removed Raw Umber, Thistle, and Maize. Good thing I still have a bunch of Crayolas from the 70's and 80's.

belgurdo

Banned
Are retired colors worth anything? I have like billions of crayons from grade school rotting in plastic bins in various parts of the house

I can just see fine artists and commercial artists 2 decades from now saying... this piece for my client needs a little more JAZZBERRY JAM!

aoi tsuki

How the hell do you retire "teal blue"?! Oh, with focus groups, that's right!

FWIW, during my Crayola years, i was the kid who'd correct people on colors, according to the Crayola colors. No one could argue with me because i had my Crayola color palette on a folded piece of paper.

chimpychi

how can they retire Violet blue, orange red, raw umber, etc..these are common colors I know...they need to stop letting kids name these colors.."purple mountain's majesty", "fuzzy wuzzy brown", or "mango tango"...sound like kids yogurt flavors

Seth C

There are 8 colors retired:

blue gray green blue lemon yellow
maize orange red orange yellow
raw umber violet blue

A dark day in Crayola history. These were some of the most useful colors in the box.

We musn't forget Mr. Roger's Blue Ribbon Blue, while never put into a box, I think it should a special place in our hearts nonetheless.

I can only imagine what will happen to M&Ms, we've already lost a color and gained another...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom