• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy deals at playstation.com (Phantom Brave = $20, BO3 = $21, View. Joe = $13)

hooo

boooy
acklame said:
umm...should I get Burnout 3 or Katamari? i was gonna grab katamari but i could spend that 20 + tax dollars on burnout 3...

Katamari. Katamari's a great game for cheap whose price will only go up with inevitable rarity, and Burnout 3, from what I've heard, is a great game that's much more mass market and will only drop in price with time due to the continued availability if the past two are any indication.

belgurdo

Banned
Bought Phantom Brave, but I don't know if I either want to play it (since I didn't like previous NIS games) or sell it unopened in a month and get double my cash back on Ebay

NotMSRP

belgurdo said:
Bought Phantom Brave, but I don't know if I either want to play it (since I didn't like previous NIS games) or sell it unopened in a month and get double my cash back on Ebay

Careless as long as it counts in the NPD.

Man, Playstation.com is the slowest piece of shit website this side of Prodigy's webmail. I'm browsing GA in a flash, but it's taking a full minute for the pages pertaining to my order history to load. I'm trying to cancel my order, because I just know they'd end up filling an order for one game (if any) and I'd be stuck paying an $8 shipping charge.

xsarien

daedsiluap
acklame said:
umm...should I get Burnout 3 or Katamari? i was gonna grab katamari but i could spend that 20 + tax dollars on burnout 3...

I'd get Katamari, only because I'd be shocked - shocked - (well, not that shocked) if you'll be able to find a new copy about six months from now. It's niche, very niche. Like, Ikaruga and Rez niche.

Sysgen

F**K

Dear PlayStation.com Consumer,

We recently had a technical error on our site that caused the
prices of several games to be significantly marked down.
Our records indicate that you have placed an order for one
or more of these titles. Unfortunately we've had to cancel
the erroneous orders, yours included, and we sincerely
apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may cause.

We'd like to give you a $10 coupon as a way of saying thanks
for understanding. While we're not required to do this under
our site's terms of use
we value our customers and we want you to be happy. See
below for the terms of the coupon, which you can use any
time before March 31, 2005.*

To redeem your coupon, just:

Sincerely,

Playstation.com Store Customer Service

Anyone get their games?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i just got an email saying that these prices were erroneous, and that all orders at these prices have been cancelled. they sent me a $10 gift certificate, though. i suppose that's better than nothing. :/

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fuck, I just got the email as well. At least my overstock.com purchase supposedly has been shipped.
Now to see if there's anything worth that $10 coupon.

Edit: Macking Molly McMidiget Mopper, those are bad prices.

border

The coupon's pretty useless. All their other prices are at MSRP. Take off ten bucks....but then add another 5 for shipping. And it's only a $5 net discount, which you could get at Best Buy anyway.

Chrono

Banned
yeah I got that e-mail too. No big deal since ebgames just re-stocked new copies of viewtiful joe for the cube. XD

Top Bottom