• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

InqOE.png

G.O.O.

I forgot this thread for a while, let's see what's newOH GOD FUCK THIS SHIT

:(((((((

I wanted to post something but it looks kinda lame now

TbVm1.jpg

dosh

Not a picture, but everytime I come here, many of the photos make me think about Mamà, a great horror short by Andres Muschietti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmycZaJYNw

Some of the fine people in this thread might like it.

Matthew Barney's stuff is brilliant if you're into performance art. Absolutely mind-fuck but gorgeous.

It is, and he works with terrific makeup artists. I bought the huge Cremaster Cycle book a few years ago: the range of his work is incredible.

Melchiah

Not a picture, but everytime I come here, many of the photos make me think about Mamà, a great horror short by Andres Muschietti:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmycZaJYNw

Some of the fine people in this thread might like it.

Thanks for linking that. I've seen it before, but didn't remember its name, so now we know the source of this gif.

(Don't click the link above, if you want to keep it as a surprise before watching the video.)

EDIT: I also recommend Jaume Balagueró's (The Nameless, Darkness, Fragile [REC]) short movies, Dias Sin Luz (Days Without Light) and Alicia. Both of them can be found on YouTube, but I'm not going to link them here due to their graphic content. The latter is like a demented art film, and seems to have some Witkin influences.

Melchiah

I remember this pic being posted before, but IIRC the background story wasn't posted.

kIFlY.jpg

Edward Mordrake is claimed to be a 19th century heir to one of the peerages in England who had an extra face on the back of his head. According to the story, the extra face could neither eat nor speak, but it could laugh and cry. Edward begged doctors to have his ‘devil twin’ removed, because, supposedly, it whispered horrible things to him at night, but no doctor would attempt it. He committed suicide at the age of 23.

I remember this pic being posted before, but IIRC the background story wasn't posted.

kIFlY.jpg

Edward Mordrake is claimed to be a 19th century heir to one of the peerages in England who had an extra face on the back of his head. According to the story, the extra face could neither eat nor speak, but it could laugh and cry. Edward begged doctors to have his ‘devil twin’ removed, because, supposedly, it whispered horrible things to him at night, but no doctor would attempt it. He committed suicide at the age of 23.

Maaaaaaaaaan. :/

quoted for size

Outstanding. Zdzislaw's painting's are so good, because they mix realism with surrealism. They look like world's you could step into, a hazy, grainy photograph, perhaps - yet they hold that bizarre aesthetic and aura to them that they seem like something you remember from a dream, as if they were generated in the dark depths of your mind.

Melchiah

The photo isn't of a real person guys. Just a wax mannequin. They didn't have photos back then of when this guy supposedly lived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_photography
The first permanent photograph was an image produced in 1826 by the French inventor Joseph Nicéphore Niépce.

Chang Tzu Ping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5iu3oA7vc0

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you.

aristotle

Still not real. Besides just because it was the first photo taken doesn't mean it was ubiquitous or anything of that nature.

If you have arrived here in search of Edward Mordrake (Edward Mordake) photos, I’m sorry but no actual photos exist. The image that likely brought you here is a wax interpretation of Edward that was created long, long after his demise. Furthermore, the placement of his parasitic twin is near impossible and stands only as an artistic rendering. Of course, there is a very real kernel of truth to his story and there have been documented cases of two-headed boys, two-faced human curiosities, one-of-a-kind people and other unique individuals with unusual faces that you may find very interesting.

Taken from here: http://thehumanmarvels.com/125/from-the-archives-edward-mordake-poor-edward/deformity

In fact there are no dates of any kind about Edward Mordrake, other than "19th century" which could mean anything.

Also everyone here should check out The Human Marvels website. Really good details about all the freaks, sideshows, and other (in)famous individuals.

Melchiah

Still not real. Besides just because it was the first photo taken doesn't mean it was ubiquitous or anything of that nature.

Didn't say it was real, only that there were photos back then. Besides, when was this thread supposed to be about reality anyway?

aristotle

Wow you're taking this way too seriously.

For me, reality is much more messed up than any fiction I've ever seen/read. Re: The Human Marvels. The Boy from Bengal is a freaky story.

fioretos_1-212x300.jpg

gohepcat

Banned
So did Sex Gang Children in 1982, but the album cover was banned for copy right infringement. So they used an entirely different album cover. Luckily for me, I have one of the few surviving copies! As a matter of fact, I've only seen mine. I can't even find a picture of another online...

http://books.google.com/books?id=4W...epage&q=sex gang children diane arbus&f=false

Eshh. I didn't know they were that rare. I was staring at one in a record store 15 years ago debating if I should buy it.

Sielys

a Goya favorite:

Saturn

Another Saturn picture. Greek mythology has some very dark themes within it. Of course growing up, any mention of Cronus eating his children was portrayed as swallowing in a single gulp, very Jonah-esque. It's harsh contrast in Goya and Rubens' depictions, having the flesh ripped off your bones by your own father.

jrXlN.jpg

Top Bottom