• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Drifters

Alright. Moved $LTC around and sold it at a nice $8 dollar profit, got me some $NAV now so I've got $BAT, $NAV and $CFI in the portfolio now. So far, looking good!

Donos

So, who wants to buy 75 authorship tokens? :p
Sure you got them? :) That Authorship bounty campaign mail i just read was hilarious. Here the online version.
http://ptzy.mj.am/nl2/ptzy/1kq3x.ht...=70a0c634&e=e27bc04f&x=K9cQBK-5vU04bnYJyIWztg

Ppl who thought that creating 50 emails was good idea, got f...ed.
We would like to clarify why an account get suspended in the first place: the #1 reason is that from the same IP as yours there's been over 20+ other registrations. This is in 99% of the cases a clear sign of fraudulent registrations (people create multiple accounts to earn more ATS tokens).

In the remaining 1% of the cases, everyone claims a fair usage (their entire 100+ work colleagues registered too, they live in a campus and everyone else shares the same IP, 200+ friends came by his home, etc.).

While these, could in theory be valid reasons, it turns out most of the time it's just an excuse, as such as a rule any such duplicate registrations have been suspended.

Tk0n

Yeah, got them on myetherwallet. I think they handled this really unprofessional. They should have made local ATS wallets and let people withdraw themselfelf. Also saying "yo, we brought down the eth network when we send them all at the same time, so no tokens for you" is beyond idiotic.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah, got them on myetherwallet. I think they handled this really unprofessional. They should have made local ATS wallets and let people withdraw themselfelf. Also saying "yo, we brought down the eth network when we send them all at the same time, so no tokens for you" is beyond idiotic.

It really is. I did not receive any ATS....

Donos

They should have put up a big fat warning right from the beginning that they are going to check if people earned their tokens in the bounty in a legit way and state that if they catch people cheating, that these get nothing. Would not have stopped all people trying to get more but would have reduced it quite a bit i bet.

People get greedy with "free" stuff,

It really is. I did not receive any ATS....

But you get free books. "Books? *WhatYearIsThis.jpg*"

Was close to dopping some 200 € into the Authorship ICO but made a sudden change of heard and just pumped that into that BitDice Ico (CSNO).

Cipherr

I dont have ATS on MyetherWallet. How did you add it so you could see the total?

Edit: I added it. I also was able to submit my email and MEW address and it said my account was fine. I only had like 4 referrals. And still I got nothing. So they are full of it. Sounds like they paid out who they wanted to, and put up a big ass excuse for the rest. I didn't bother trying to game the system, because anyone giving away free tokens I assumed they wouldnt be worth shit lol. Claiming that all the legit accounts that were confirmed legit simply entered their email wrong or MEW address wrong is BS.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
BAT 🦇 up up up, ignoring btc price! Go go go!

Edit- Holy crap at civic lol what's happening

Blockfolio bugged?

Drifters

Yeah it seems like the 6000 barrier is broken, I can't say if it will moon or not, but the volume numbers are looking promising!

Cipherr

Authorship Team bowing down to the heat:

I got my measly 375 tokens, but I cannot tell when. Now maybe they sent me my tokens BEFORE they backtracked, and I overreacted and they just hadn't gotten to me yet. Or perhaps they are scumbags who were looking for a way out and bowed to the blowback.

Either way fuck that coin and those guys. They just assured that I won't take their business/company seriously at all.

DonMigs85

I got my measly 375 tokens, but I cannot tell when. Now maybe they sent me my tokens BEFORE they backtracked, and I overreacted and they just hadn't gotten to me yet. Or perhaps they are scumbags who were looking for a way out and bowed to the blowback.

Either way fuck that coin and those guys. They just assured that I won't take their business/company seriously at all.

I'm supposed to get 700+ tokens but don't see them yet in MEW

Cipherr

No joke, $BAT the only green.... it's like the new $ARK!

Yep, BAT is the ARK from like 4 days ago when ARK was floating and the rest of the market was red. Now all the Twitter posters and Youtubers are rushing to do their videos on how BAT is "soooo undervalued and overlooked" when they were all drooling over ARK a few days ago.

Feels a lot like people just go whichever way the wind blows sometimes.

Drifters

If the new ARK, let's go $3-4 range. hahahahaha

Yep, BAT is the ARK from like 4 days ago when ARK was floating and the rest of the market was red. Now all the Twitter posters and Youtubers are rushing to do their videos on how BAT is "soooo undervalued and overlooked" when they were all drooling over ARK a few days ago.

Feels a lot like people just go whichever way the wind blows sometimes.

Yeah it's funny, if it fizzles after the release this week, bloggers and you tubers will just say it was over hyped.

Feels good to like a crypto coin before the cool kids.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
BAT has a far larger supply than ARK though. I also doubt the browser will take off

Browser hasn't even been advertised I think and there's over half a million downloads on Android alone. There's excellent potential imo, specially after they advertise that people will be paid with these coins.

Donos

The TNT / Tierion network is online like i stated and you can run nodes. Thing is, you get TNT tokens by a lottery system....
A good writup from a user on reddit:
I'm posting this because I want to put my feedback of Tierion software release into writing. This is meant to be written in a neutral manner. I welcome others opinions and/or corrections.

First off, the software runs with no issues on my end as far as setting up a node. I was able to set up a node successfully in 30 minutes by following the guide on github and FWIW I'm not a developer. Additionally, the team has been communicating via telegram in a professional manner helping people get started. The incentive system, however, is not what I expected and is a little concerning for reasons I'll discuss below.

For starters, many expected a lottery system with a proportional lottery system allowance to the number of TNT tokens owned. Instead, there is a distribution of approximately 6500 tokens every 30 minutes to a random node irregardless of the number of TNT tokens owned. It's also required that one send a minimum of 54 TNT to Tierion's payout wallet at the end of node setup to get started (Crypto newbies and enterprise nodes anticipating credits to be burned have been sending more).

What's happening is that TNT owners are rapidly scaling into running numerous small nodes (minimum 2500 TNT) such as to increase probabilities of winning. This is great for the Tierion business and blockchain space. However, with this large scaling and nebulous credit system (again for each node people are paying a variable amount of at least 54 TNT or more by newbies or node owners that anticipate burning through credit), the ROI is not there and Tierion is setting itself up to own all the TNT in the long run just as the seller of the lottery ticket always acquires more money in the long run than they pay out.

The only thing good about this system is that Tierion reportedly has not and has no plans to cash out TNT. With this structure it's unlikely that another 350 million TNT enter the market in the long run because the Tierion wallet will essentially soak back up TNT from credit purchases and lock up all of the rewards that go out and come back in as credit purchases.

TLDR: I disagree with the incentive structure and do not believe it is worth it for an individual to run a node. Having said that people will do it anyway and lose a small individual and larger collective sum to Tierion playing in this lottery. Paradoxically, as bad as this payout structure is as long as TNT isn't dumped on the market by Tierion team, TNT price will no doubt rise. More in depth clarification on pretty much everything would be nice to reassure people this isn't a well disguised Ponzi scheme.

No wonder some think all this crypto stuff is a complete scam...

Have set a sell order on Liqui... (was in it for a pump anyway and not for holding it longterm).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ARK going under 94k, crawling towards 90k...I wonder if it will go below 3 $... I think somebody is playing a bit with a price again.

Drifters

BAT has a far larger supply than ARK though. I also doubt the browser will take off

Personally I'm telling everyone I know about it and they seem interested. Also, the paradigm of shifting how ad revenue works is at a cross roads which if Brave can:
1) Show that it is working (actively, engaged and site providers like it)
2) Continue to work on new ideas of how to integrate 2-way transactions for site visits
3) An API for integration into other browsers

Whether or not the Browser itself takes off, the idea does have a ton of merit in this market place.

Fake edit: Also, WTF!?!? $CFI up %25 overnight? WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Fake edit #2: Yes, I'm waiting for $ARK to bottom and then I'm going to pick some up. How many coins are people averaging?

pieface

ARK going under 94k, crawling towards 90k...I wonder if it will go below 3 $... I think somebody is playing a bit with a price again.

Yeah it's in accumulation mode for the whale again. Though, there's no hype to keep driving the price up. Ark will have a rest for a little while.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Yeah it's in accumulation mode for the whale again. Though, there's no hype to keep driving the price up. Ark will have a rest for a little while.

Do you think that price could fall towards 80k levels? Probably whales won't allow that to happen ;)

Top Bottom