• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curry, Harden, Davis cover athletes for Spike Lee-directed NBA 2K16, has 12 hour plot

Blablurn

Stephen Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis are the cover athletes for NBA 2K16, with Spike Lee serving as the game's director.

Featuring the tagline "Be the Story," the popular First Team All-NBA members will share honors on the front of the game's packaging and marketing push.

"I'm guessing every one of us grew up dreaming of the moment we'd be on the cover," Davis told USA Today of the video game franchise, now in its 15th year of existence. "I've seen so many players I know head off and put on a suit with all those balls (for motion-capture duty); it looks so fun."

NBA 2K16 is also the newest 'Spike Lee joint,' with the Academy-Award winning director and screenwriter and noted basketball fanatic lending his creativity to the game's MyCareer mode, which puts gamers and their created players through the challenges of NBA life both on and off the court. The game is set to release this fall.

USA Today reports Lee has put together around 12 hours of in-game theatrics and drama.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/06/04/stephen-curry-james-harden-anthony-davis-nba-2k16

izCrJq1.jpg

No LeBron... How funny. I am kind of relieved he isn't on the cover. The 2K team has really been kissing his ass especially in his impossible stats. Level 99 my ass.

Good for these guys! I just with the box art was a bit more creative. It's been the same since 12 like?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I find the statement "Featuring a Spike Lee Joint" to be very confusing. They should have just gone all the way and called the game itself a Spike Lee Joint. This way sounds more like I can watch Do the Right Thing in between matches or something.

Won't touch this peace of shit like I haven't the last couple. 2K should be ashamed. NBA2K will never have the online fixed but 2K will continue leading people to believe it will be in the next release. Rinse, repeat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Won't touch this peace of shit like I haven't the last couple. 2K should be ashamed. NBA2K will never have the online fixed but 2K will continue leading people to believe it will be in the next release. Rinse, repeat.

What if they do a NBA/WWE crossover since they have both licenses?

QfCj88Q.jpg

You know what's funny? The servers are down right now.

I'm blown away that people will continue to line up for this every year.

Hey, if Spike can do better than what freaking Kevin Durant called acting, I'll be just fine with i-

Frequency Vibrations
Frequency Vibrations
Frequency Vibrations

FUCK

GQman2121

Banned
Is the storyline aspect like a huge annual draw for fans of the series?

From the outside it seems misguided and a bit insulting. Like they're completely content with the core game play and willing to focus on frivolous features.

ViciousDS

Banned
Is the storyline aspect like a huge annual draw for fans of the series?

From the outside it seems misguided and a bit insulting. Like they're completely content with the core game play and willing to focus on frivolous features.

MyCareer is the only reason I buy the thing every year.....and last years myGM mode was great with the VC bullshit being reduced a lot. This year an actual story mode should be interesting. They are usually half done, not terrible. But no sports game has come close to 2K's mycareer in production story mode wise.

Last actual story I remember was I think Sony's own basketball game.....NBA 09 the inside.

what is wrong with 2k? seriously?

they went from "ohhh we'll launch an nba 2k game for 20 bucks since nba live is killing us!"

to "dlc! spike lee! jay-z! microtransactions! virtual currency!"

Top Bottom