• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curry, Harden, Davis cover athletes for Spike Lee-directed NBA 2K16, has 12 hour plot

GamerJM

Banned
Believe...
IW1CkFc.png

Between this and the OP, I'm tempted to buy a non-Mario sports game for the very first time.

Omega

Banned
what is wrong with 2k? seriously?

they went from "ohhh we'll launch an nba 2k game for 20 bucks since nba live is killing us!"

to "dlc! spike lee! jay-z! microtransactions! virtual currency!"

I believe they faced pressure from NBA/NFL for "devaluing" the product by selling the games for $20.

Also, they had to sell at an attractive price because NBA Live had the brand recognition which is what most people buy games based off of.

realwords

MyCareer mode is most of the reason I'm hooked on 2K, nothing better than seeing your game wins translate into more moves and actual productive skill for your player. Some of the story-mode stuff was half-baked, yeah, but it's SOMETHING we don't get out of Madden (for some reason). Add Spike Lee? Day one purchase.

Want to be able to throw a trash can through a window and start a riot, or no sale

edit: they should've put three white people on the cover!

Dramos

According to last NBA2KTV episode, they are recreating the crowds from scratch. Crowds have looked dull and stale since 2K9.

Mik317

how about you scrublords fix the gameplay/servers/association mode instead of wasting time and money on this shit?

nns3d

Won't touch this peace of shit like I haven't the last couple. 2K should be ashamed. NBA2K will never have the online fixed but 2K will continue leading people to believe it will be in the next release. Rinse, repeat.

Yup

I'm glad my friend stays buying these games lmao, I'll definitely give it a go whenever I get the chance.

Hopefully Live will come through with a decent effort as well

Wait, wait, wait. What's Spike Lee's specific involvement? I've never played an NBA game but god damn am I intrigued now.

Salsa

"featuring A SPIKE LEE JOINT"

I really thought the whole "a spike lee joint" thing couldnt get any worse

here it is

Wait, wait, wait. What's Spike Lee's specific involvement? I've never played an NBA game but god damn am I intrigued now.

He's making the story mode

The player name is so stupid lmao but I think this might be an interesting mode to play, I wish more sports games had story modes with cutscenes and shit lol

Lulubop

Spike Lee? Is this game going to have like a gripping story? Is someone gonna die? Can you romance your teammates?

Lil B is so annoying, I'm starting to avoid basketball threads just because of people constantly talking about him and his dumb antics.

Neat, want their production on all other areas matched in the career mode. Sports games could use something more involving. It's fine as is, but not to play every year.

Ramon3MR

Neo Member
"Frequency Vibrations" is a nickname for the player in MyCAREER. Players are able to create, name, customize & develop their MyPLAYER in NBA 2K16 per usual.

lantus

Mmm I would have probably gone with Westbrook. Even though that might be a little biased towards okc, I think he deserves the cover.

GeeTeeCee

As an Englishman with little knowledge of the NBA, I had to enter this thread to confirm that the title was indeed accurate and not some inside joke I was missing. I know who Spike Lee is, so apparently my basketball expertise is greater than I thought.

I assume EA will be hiring Guy Ritchie for Fifa 16's story mode in response?

Haunted

As an Englishman with little knowledge of the NBA, I had to enter this thread to confirm that the title was indeed accurate and not some inside joke I was missing. I know who Spike Lee is, so apparently my basketball expertise is greater than I thought.

I assume EA will be hiring Guy Ritchie for Fifa 16's story mode in response?
On the one hand, I'd like to think that we don't need the added theatrics from cutscenes and dramas and career modes, on the other hand, it's easy to see the potential in these stories. I liked the story modes they put in Fight Night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Afrikan

Lil B is so annoying, I'm starting to avoid basketball threads just because of people constantly talking about him and his dumb antics.

is posting him getting KO'd by that Berkeley, CA Interviewer GIF..ban worthy?

Suprised I don't see it more often.

So is this sort of like Fight Night Champion? I enjoyed the story mode in that game actually, was hoping for another Fight Night game, but a sports story game could work like it did there.

Frequency Vibrations.

Top Bottom