• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dallas Morning Times reports Halo 2 reaches almost 2 million pre-orders...

Alcibiades

nope, article talks about how retailers and publishers love pre-orders because they already have your money...

he mentions the Enter the Matrix/Driv3r situations in which pre-orders for mediocre games were a way for publishers/retailers to get cash either way since customers would definitely pick up the game...

Deku Tree

Maybe the author is mistaken?

Last week, IIRC, gamespot said that MS put customer pre-sales at 750k and store pre-orders at 2 mil.

efralope said:
article I linked:

October 13, 2004

I'm not saying there were 1 million preorders in one week, but several hundred thousand isn't out of the question considering how close we are to release, pre-orders should go up exponentially...

Again, the number back one week ago, was 750k, not one million. You're riding this horse a little too hard. The number will be monstrous when all is said and done, but the 2 mil number is certainly store preorders.

Alcibiades

sonycowboy said:
Again, the number back one week ago, was 750k, not one million. You're riding this horse a little too hard. The number will be monstrous when all is said and done, but the 2 mil number is certainly store preorders.
Nov. NPD will be verrrrrry interesting....

Alcibiades

jedimike said:
I expect November NPD to show Halo2 over a million, but not more than 1.3 million.
ha, don't lowball dude...

2 million easily.

there are 3.5 million copies of Halo 1 already out there, how many of them are going to want part 2, I'd say at least half of them, and this title is getting pushed big time...

If expectations are less than 2 million for November then Halo 2 is looking at coming out under San Andreas for sure...

Top Bottom