• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn. myHTPC is pretty damn swell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Get it here...

Windows Media portal was too buggy for me, so I went w/ an alternative. While some may find such apps as 'bloatware' I don't. I love the interface and overall look.

Let me know what you guys think.

*If this has been discussed already (I've done a search, saw nothing), fuck it... Discuss some more. I have some specific questions anyway.*

3rdman

myHTPC is indeed great and I used to be an active member. I now use Xlobby http://www.xlobby.com and its got all I want. Its very powerful and FULLY skinable but it does have a pretty steep learning curve. Goto the forums and check out the skins area and see what others have done...pretty impressive stuff.

I use it for everything now, Music, DVD library browsing, Weather, MAME and other emus, pictures, etc. Its even got Pocket PC support. What turns off most people is the standard skin it comes with...its pretty ugly.Just download one of the custom skins and you'll be pretty happy

DaCocoBrova

Tre.. Go 'head w/ the baseless negativity.

Seriously.

3rdman... Help me out here. I just installed this @ 3am when I got back from NY. Maybe I'm sleepy, but...

* How do I play, advance and get full screen video?
* Why won't my mp3'z play?
* What plugins/.dlls are you using for each function?

Thanks.

DaCocoBrova

Bump...

small_video10.jpg

epg1.jpg

schedule.jpg

Diablos

Even though I don't really have a need for it (nor could I even if I wanted to because the cable running into my room sucks ass), this software looks pretty cool.

DaCocoBrova

You can still use it for music, movie and image playback. As well as weather information and what not.

This Xlobby thing is pretty robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom