• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Social Media and Boomers: Have they lost their damn minds?

Have Boomers Lost their Minds Due to Social Media?

• Yes

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Too Soon

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gen X here.

I've lived most of my life before the social media boom and continue to do so without it.

As a kid walking with my mom on the street I remember the occasional crazy bums standing on their soapbox spewing nonsense to the masses.

Now everyone has their own soapbox for better or worse. Mostly for worse.

Addicted to instant gratification & notifications. Pure narcissism.

All I need is GAF and my Youtube is customized to my liking 🙂
Gen X too.

I find our gen by just coincidence and luck to the best gen. We can use tech so we arent archaic older gens like my parents who can barely use a PC and dont want a cellphone. And I remember articles saying gen x people growing up with parents working figured out how to do stuff ourselves. Big deal, you walk to and from school with a key around your neck in case someone isnt home after school. Get home, grab some food and watch cartoons till other people got home. Our gen parents werent scared shitless being safety nets like modern day parents who probably feel the boogeyman is around every corner despite crime rates being much lower than the 70s-90s. And because we arent youngsters, we got on the internet and stuff, but didnt become doorknobs snapchatting and tik toking like retards. It's insane, the young people at our giant company town hall meetings with shitloads of people in the room and online, they;d be at the back on their phones doing dumb shit. I got snapchatted myself as after the meeting some 25 year old girl was laughing going around showing people what she did on SC taking pics and adding graphics to it. What an idiot.

As for instant gratification, no doubt. Name one other generation that has a dollar in their pockets and is amped up blowing it on expensive gear. Or getting a job and trying to aim for BMWs asap. Or blowing their money on as many trips to Aruba they can every year. No wonder they're broke. The younger the generation, the more broke and big money spenders they are. Traditionally, it's the opposite. You start out your career broke and build up. When youre established and got a solid career and bank account, then you buy the nice shit. So when youre an old geezer, you can try to coast as much as possible with 40 years worth of saving. But the young generation it's like the opposite.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The earth is a sphere, but I can understand people seeing fakery becoming conspiracy theorists.

For example the 24 hour sun videos, same exact cloud pattern and chimney smoke pattern 24 hours apart, at start and end of video. The other one composite with text going behind mountains.

As for nasa fakery the most egregious in my opinion was when they said there was 11 second delay(In the very video the guy on ground says that and astronauts take 11 seconds to respond). I saw the original video and the astronauts were taking 11 seconds to respond. Guess what happened, something funny was said on the ground and one of the astronauts reacted immediately smiling and reacting with no delay, several seconds later his colleague answered the ground's question.

That's one of tons of flubs they've done. Another very prominent one, was that despite the station moving at high speeds through earth orbits, in one of their live q&a's, one of the astronauts flubbed and said some location was just a few miles from where we're talking. Like really a few miles from where we're talking? You're supposed to be rapidly orbiting earth not a few miles near some location on earth.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Oh my lord ..
I for one am so glad that people actually still fall for that kind of shit. Using their superior logic, all us normies are completely buffooned by this incredible range of intellect.

Social media is a mistake. Idiocracy. Idiocracy. Idiocracy. Its not too long before we have a Camacho on our hands.

Korranator

All I’ll say is that I’ve observed that Boomers seem to have flipped out because a news story about aging has triggered them beyond belief. We all have aging relatives but at a certain age they have to hand over the keys.
1. EGO is too big to admit they don't remember where the keys are.

2. Back up driver was just given the license (Didn't Earn It).

Toons

The earth is a sphere, but I can understand people seeing fakery becoming conspiracy theorists.

For example the 24 hour sun videos, same exact cloud pattern and chimney smoke pattern 24 hours apart, at start and end of video. The other one composite with text going behind mountains.

As for nasa fakery the most egregious in my opinion was when they said there was 11 second delay(In the very video the guy on ground says that and astronauts take 11 seconds to respond). I saw the original video and the astronauts were taking 11 seconds to respond. Guess what happened, something funny was said on the ground and one of the astronauts reacted immediately smiling and reacting with no delay, several seconds later his colleague answered the ground's question.

That's one of tons of flubs they've done. Another very prominent one, was that despite the station moving at high speeds through earth orbits, in one of their live q&a's, one of the astronauts flubbed and said some location was just a few miles from where we're talking. Like really a few miles from where we're talking? You're supposed to be rapidly orbiting earth not a few miles near some location on earth.

I genuinely want this to be a bit but I dont believe it was lol

Top Bottom