• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central 3 |OT| Travel Through Time to Fight Dance Crimes

gamerx

iAx6aq3is2PK7.png

• DEVELOPER: HARMONIX
  • PUBLISHER: MICROSOFT
  • GENRE: MUSIC, DANCE
  • RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 16, 2012 /October 19th in Europe, and Australia

In Dance Central 3, players can dance their way through the ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and beyond – hitting the dance floor with the hottest moves and learning popular dance crazes like "The Hustle," "Electric Slide" and "The Dougie." The beat keeps rocking with an innovative new party mode for up to eight players, the ability to import your songs from previous Dance Central titles, and more! The best full-body dance experience on Kinect for Xbox 360 is better in every way with Dance Central 3!

PRE-ORDER BONUSES

BEST BUY
BONUS TRACKS: Usher ft. Pharrell – “Twisted”; Usher – “Euphoria”

WAL-MART
BONUS TRACKS: LMFAO – “Sorry For Party Rocking”; Nicki Minaj – “Whip It”

AMAZON
BONUS TRACKS: Lady Gaga “Alejandro”; Lady Gaga – “Paparazzi”

FEATURES

• DANCE THROUGH TIME
    Hit the dance floor to learn the hottest moves from the past four decades in Dance Central 3’s expanded story mode. Dancers will be up and moving to the best dance crazes from the past, including "The Hustle," "Electric Slide" and "The Dougie," and grooving to the best chart-topping hits of today!

• OLD FAVORITES, NEW FACES
    Familiar Dance Central crews and characters return with fresh new looks, and new faces join the dance party. Follow crews back in time in an all-new, over-the-top story mode that will transport you to amazing venues to learn the hottest dance crazes from the past and the newest moves of today!

• THROWDOWN WITH YOUR FRIENDS
    Dance Central 3 features an all-new way to play with your friends: Crew Throwdown. This competitive party mode pits two teams of up to four dancers head-to-head in a series of dance battles , performances and fresh mini-games to prove who’s the hottest crew on the dance floor! Crew Throwdown features innovative gameplay, including: Keep the Beat, Make Your Move, and Battle.

• iTdbfFxQlBmO4.png

Hands-on with SmartGlass app, Dance Central 3's Party Time DJ

CREWS
Team up with Dance Central Intelligence (DCI) and travel through time to solve dance crimes perpetrated by Dr. Tan and his henchmen.

• if1mRu6n0gJaR.png

ibdjcjU9T2kpN7.png

DCI Agents: Rasa & Lima

ijvFA6P9gAjD.png

iOHNM2FwAvAmk.jpg

70'LU$H: Angel & Aubrey

iHCrMgC4dEInq.png

i82YY8Qosacz3.jpg

80' HI-DEF: Mo & Glitch

ijuZvb79NCVnT.png

ibjyz7A2JpLwk3.jpg

90'FLASH4WRD: Taye & LiL T

irGkcBPyXMQf8.png

iQuzRqSuZpDI3.png

00' RIPTIDE: Emilia & Bodie

SONG LIST

2NE1 – I Am The Best (Original Version)
50 Cent – In Da Club
Afrojack ft. Eva Simons – Take Over Control
Alexandra Stan – Mr. Saxobeat
Alice Deejay – Better Off Alone
Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
Bellini – Samba De Janeiro
Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow
Cali Swag District – Teach Me How to Dougie
Ciara ft. Missy Elliott – 1, 2 Step
Cobra Starship ft. Sabi – You Make Me Feel…
Cupid – Cupid Shuffle
Daft Punk – Around The World
Dev ft. The Cataracts – Bass Down Low
E.U. – Da’ Butt
Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina – Stereo Love
Enur ft. Natasja – Calabria 2008
Flo Rida ft. Sia – Wild Ones
Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
Heavy D & The Boyz – Now That We Found Love
J.J. Fad – Supersonic
Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull – On The Floor
Justin Bieber – Boyfriend
Katy Perry – Firework
Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)
Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins – Get Low
LMFAO – Sexy And I Know It
Los Del Rio – Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
Marcia Griffiths – Electric Boogie
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – Moves Like Jagger
Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette – Hello
Missy Elliott – Ching-A-Ling
New Kids On The Block – You’ve Got It (The Right Stuff)
Nicki Minaj – Starships
Panjabi MC – Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)
Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole – (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me
Shannon – Let The Music Play
TLC – Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg
The Trammps – Disco Inferno
Usher ft. Will.I.Am – OMG
Usher – Scream
Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
Van McCoy – The Hustle
Vicki Sue Robinson – Turn The Beat Around
Village People – Y.M.C.A.

MEDIA

Dance Central 3 Intro Cinematic

Dance Central 3 Movie Trailer

Dance Central 3 - A Twisted Tale of Time Travel (...and Dance Crimes)

Dance Central 3 Developer Diary - Choreography

Quick Look EX: Dance Central 3

REVIEWS

GameInformer - 8.75/10
Joystiq - 4/5
Digital Spy - 4/5
Paste - 7.3/10
Electronic Theatre - 83/100
IGN - 8/10
VentureBeat - 90/100
Insidegames - 8.9/10

ibxxtEbrzMloiv.png

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Im tempted to get this, does anyone know if we can import our DC1/2 tracks into 3?

I'm waiting to see how shit the Facebook integration is before I buy, because it completely ruined Rock Band Blitz and it wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen here.

No Gangnam Style seems like a missed opportunity, marketing-wise, that could have sold them LOADS of copies :lol

FinKL

Im tempted to get this, does anyone know if we can import our DC1/2 tracks into 3?

Exactly what I'd like to know. I know DC2 has a code in it, but if I imported DC1 into DC2, will I be able to import both to DC3 with the DC2 code?

EDIT: Thanks Syriel!

Yes, tracks import just fine. If you've already imported DC1 -> DC2 they automatically show up in DC3.

It's 400 MSP ($5) to import DC2 -> DC3.

First reviews:

GameInformer - 8.75/10
Joystiq - 4/5
Digital Spy - 4/5
Paste - 7.3/10
Electronic Theatre - 83/100
IGN - 8/10
VentureBeat - 90/100
Insidegames - 8.9/10

Yes, tracks import just fine. If you've already imported DC1 -> DC2 they automatically show up in DC3.

It's 400 MSP ($5) to import DC2 -> DC3.

Thanks, was just about to ask about this. Didn't play much of the first and even less of two but I always want to support Harmonix and really want to play this one, at the very least to lose some of the pounds I've gained this year, lol.

Can't wait to play Around The World and Let The Music Play. I hope Superbass becomes dlc...

I'm waiting to see how shit the Facebook integration is before I buy, because it completely ruined Rock Band Blitz and it wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing happen here.

No Gangnam Style seems like a missed opportunity, marketing-wise, that could have sold them LOADS of copies :lol

Will sell loads as DLC.

Sai-kun

Banned
Glitterati represent. Fucking hyped for this. I need ONE more achievement in DC2 to complete it: Vanquisher. My roommate and I played for a couple hours and I got about 17 wins, and then somehow my gamertag got switched to the second player, and then I won a couple more...and HE got the achievement on his gamertag. I was maaaaad. Gonna kick his ass at the game tonight and get dat achievement.

Dany

Banned
Glitterati represent. Fucking hyped for this. I need ONE more achievement in DC2 to complete it: Vanquisher. My roommate and I played for a couple hours and I got about 17 wins, and then somehow my gamertag got switched to the second player, and then I won a couple more...and HE got the achievement on his gamertag. I was maaaaad. Gonna kick his ass at the game tonight and get dat achievement.

tumblr_ma59g2voVl1rfduvxo1_400.gif

Sorry bro.

My copy of Dance Central 2 came with 400 microsoft points to made the export from 1 to 2.

Will it came again in 3? I hope so... I don´t want to buy 1600 :(

Around the World? Awesome. I still play the first game every time I'm at my dad's.

Despite all the shit people say about Kinect, if I had money to burn? I'd buy a 360 just for this.

Chairhome

You're missing a few tracks on the song list. They revealed the full list today and I saw TLC "Ain't 2 proud 2 beg" is on it. I'm REALLY excited for this song. Haha.
2NE1 - "I Am The Best (Original Version)"
50 Cent - "In Da Club"
Afrojack ft. Eva Simons - "Take Over Control"
Alexandra Stan - "Mr. Saxobeat"
Alice Deejay - "Better Off Alone"
Backstreet Boys - "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
Bellini - "Samba De Janeiro"
Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
Cali Swag District - "Teach Me How to Dougie"
Ciara ft. Missy Elliott - "1, 2 Step"
Cobra Starship ft. Sabi - "You Make Me Feel…"
Cupid - "Cupid Shuffle"
Daft Punk - "Around The World"
Dev ft. The Cataracts - "Bass Down Low"
E.U. - "Da' Butt"
Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - "Stereo Love"
Enur ft. Natasja - "Calabria 2008"
Flo Rida ft. Sia - "Wild Ones"
Gloria Gaynor - "I Will Survive"
Heavy D & The Boyz - "Now That We Found Love"
J.J. Fad - "Supersonic"
Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull - "On The Floor"
Justin Bieber - "Boyfriend"
Katy Perry - "Firework"
Kelly Clarkson - "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"
Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins - "Get Low"
LMFAO - "Sexy And I Know It"
Los Del Rio - "Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)"
Marcia Griffiths - "Electric Boogie"
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera - "Moves Like Jagger"
Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette - "Hello"
Missy Elliott - "Ching-A-Ling"
New Kids On The Block - "You've Got It (The Right Stuff)"
Nicki Minaj - "Starships"
Panjabi MC - "Beware Of The Boys (Mundian To Bach Ke)"
Sean Paul ft. Keyshia Cole - "(When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me"
Shannon - "Let The Music Play"
TLC - "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg"
The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"
Usher ft. Will.I.Am - "OMG"
Usher - "Scream"
Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby"
Van McCoy - "The Hustle"
Vicki Sue Robinson - "Turn The Beat Around"
Village People - "Y.M.C.A."

8bit

Knows the Score
I'd love to pick up this one (especially due to the crappy time travel story), but that's some terrible music.

I would totally buy that DLC.

Btw that track list looks awesome.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'd love to pick up this one (especially due to the crappy time travel story), but that's some terrible music.

I would LOVE at look at your last.fm or a spotify playlist of yours, haha.

This setlist looks way way way better than DC 1 and 2. Dany M and I bought the game from Amazon for the Lady Gaga tracks. Can't waitttttttt to dance to Alejandro.

Sai-kun

Banned
Ugh, our copy of the game won't be arriving till tomorrow :( Gives more time to get the last achievement though.

Has anyone had any issues with it? We've been keeping track and I've won about 21/22 games, but still no achievement!

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I've already gotten and installed mine with the transfer. Day one for all three thus far. Great franchise.

Struct09

Game is good. I am not shocked.

The choreography is MUCH improved from what Ive played.

I agree with this, it seems to be more challenging and interesting. You can tell they've been making these games for over 3 years :p

PSGames

Fffff... Why didn't I see this sooner? Now I'll pass until I see a sale... =
Preorder deal. Even still I would have bought this at full price no question. The choreography is MUCH improved from what Ive played. I see this one being my most played one yet.

Edit: are there any new song packs for Dance Central 3? Seems we have to buy everything individual.

JimFear

Banned
i bought and played the game today and they have now some more complex choregraphy.
Its not that they are harder... its just they are faster and they make you move a lil bit more than DC 1/2.
I dont know if its because they pumped up the choregraphy but they also added a mode called beginner. So now you have 4 difficulty mode : beginner, easy, medium and hard.
i played a couples of song on medium and hard and i sweated more than medium/hard song from dc 1/2

so far i would say its the best DC

also the story is ridiculous.

Nemesis_

Just had a look at the tracklist. It's pretty fucking flawless, good mix of modern and older stuff.

Still salty about new Gaga tracks not being included (and no way to get them here in Australia, but the looks of things)

Sai-kun

Banned
Love, love, love the choreography. Feels way smoother and more natural.

Favorite tracks so far:

Around the World
You Make Me Feel
1, 2 Step
Take Over Control

(I haven't played any other songs aside from those four yet :lol)

Lobst

Neo Member
Just finished the first decade in Story Mode on Medium; stopped only because I was drenched in sweat. Here's what I'm loving so far:

- The way it throws you headfirst into a song with amazing, dynamic choreography! Medium difficulty doesn't feel gimped at all.
- The return of DC1's experience meter, which explicitly tells you what you've unlocked every time you level up
- The ability to set fitness goals, which the game then tracks. I plan to fire the game up at least three times a week.
- The fact that the second option immediately upon firing the game up is an endless random playlist of every song you own, holy shit

Starting the '80s section made me realize how much I'd pay to have "Opposites Attract" in this. (More than the average amount!)

Is anyone else having trouble being picked up? Didn't have many problems with the first two but this one a lot more, especially my legs. Bombcast was having the same problem.

I love the Choreo for Bass Down Low. When they had the "Headphones" part, which is done exactly the same as the video, I was really excited. Around the World is really faithful to the video too. I only had time to play those two before work, but I'll dive more into it tonight and tomorrow.

Retrocide

I plan to get this as soon as I get a new xbox 360....hopefully the new 250 gb holiday bundle that comes with dance central 2 has the code so I download those songs into 3...I already did it for dance central 1...lost the xbox in a break up lol

Satchel

Banned
Can import tracks from 1 and 2?

Fuck yes.

Might try and scam someone into buying me this as a Christmas present.

Skipped 2 until I got the full 1000/1000 on 1 but still not there so ill just skip all together and get 3.

Best reason to own Kinect.

Chairhome

(not-so-stealth brag post)
This game is awesome. I took my time in the last two games doing "break it down" before every song in career mode and it took me a long time to finish the 2nd game. This time, since it kind of just throws you in there for some songs, I just went ahead and tried it blind. I don't know if its more forgiving than usual, but I am playing on Hard and was able to easily 5 star every song in the 70s and 80s. The only one I rehearsed was "Let the Music Play" cause I love locking but I'm not great at it, so I wanted to make sure I learned the moves first. The only song that I really had trouble with so far was "Now that we found love" which is an awesome song (love New Jack Swing), but I was able to get 4 stars, even with only getting 56% on it. So I don't know how that works, haha. Maybe you can earn stars easier in career.

Anyways, I only have XBL Silver, but if anyone wants to match scores or issue challenges (if you're allowed to do that with silver), add me (chairhome81) and just PM me here or send me a message so I know you're from GAF. My wife is on there, too (applejackiez). But be forewarned, we are both dancers and we play for keeps :-D (keeps = bragging rights)

Also: a great way to end the night: Get Low by Lil Jon.

Sai-kun

Banned
I dislike On The Floor on its own, but as a song in this game, coupled with the routine for it, I have a newfound love for the song. It's my new jam.

Top Bottom