• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dance Central 3 |OT| Travel Through Time to Fight Dance Crimes

Syriel

Is anyone else having trouble being picked up? Didn't have many problems with the first two but this one a lot more, especially my legs. Bombcast was having the same problem.

This one feels like it requires more precision.

Can't say for sure, but it's as if the game is able to resolve your position better, so you have less leeway in terms of being out of position.

I'm really out of shape so I can only handle around five dances per session before ending hiper-ventilating and drenched in sweat. It will take me a long time before finishing all the songs, and that is just playing in medium.

Also I went to seven stores looking for this game before I found it on launch day got home and finished the 70's but I couldn't play today because someone stole the high voltage cables from the electric posts that led to my house. I hope it gets fixed by today.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Have they improved the song select in this game? I remember dc2 had sorting, but compared to rock band 3 it always felt super clunky even with a controller.

Nemesis_

I think I might have misinterpreted something.

The "Usher" routines that were choreographed by him - is this like the Dance Central's version of Pro mode, or is it just some kind of celebrity endorsement?

If so, do any other "famous people" choreograph stuff?

Chairhome

Have they improved the song select in this game? I remember dc2 had sorting, but compared to rock band 3 it always felt super clunky even with a controller.
Its similar to RB3. You can sort in the same way. But if that fails, try the voice commands, its worked great for me.

I think I might have misinterpreted something.

The "Usher" routines that were choreographed by him - is this like the Dance Central's version of Pro mode, or is it just some kind of celebrity endorsement?

If so, do any other "famous people" choreograph stuff?
Its pretty much just an added feature/endorsement. Some songs include actual choreography from concerts or music videos, but this is the most an artist has been involved with the game.

2nd question: Not really. Some of the DC choreographers are known in the dance industry, though. Nick DeMoura has choreographed a number of songs in here and he's currently Lead Choreographer for Justin Beiber's tour. I met him a few months ago, cool guy :-D

I'd say that Get Low is terrible song but just FUN to dance to.

That killed my legs. Stretch out your hammies before doing this song, haha. So fun though.

Sai-kun

Banned
OMG on Hard is r i d i c u l o u s. Tried that shit last night and I'm pretty sure I almost knocked Dany M out with a wild arm wave. Our living room is way too small for all the crazy crap you have to do on Hard. :lol

Today's goal is to finish 5 starring all the crews on medium, and then move on to Hard mode :|

Chairhome

Beat Story mode on hard. Ending was awesome. OMG on hard is crazy, but I was able to pull out 4 stars on the first try (no rehearsal).

Don't know if this is only if you beat it on hard, but there was a new mode unlocked.
It showed a cutscene with the glitterati and I unlocked MASTER QUEST. Gonna try to do one of the crews in master quest now.
I love this game.

Chairhome

After unlocking the new mode: you can unlock
QR codes that you can scan to download pixelated phone wallpapers of the crew that you "Master". I did Hi-Def crew and I got 3 pixel art phone wallpapers using the art that was shown in the credits (1 together, 1 Mo, 1 Glitch). Kind of a lame unlock, but I'm going to try to do it for each crew. I'm guessing that I'll unlock Glitterati after that and be able to do the same thing.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I love how you can set goals for playing a certain amount of days and calorie goals. Will be playing this for long term to get my exercise routine down!

Sai-kun

Banned
Beat Story mode on hard. Ending was awesome. OMG on hard is crazy, but I was able to pull out 4 stars on the first try (no rehearsal).

Don't know if this is only if you beat it on hard, but there was a new mode unlocked.
It showed a cutscene with the glitterati and I unlocked MASTER QUEST. Gonna try to do one of the crews in master quest now.
I love this game.

Happens on Normal as well.

Dany

Banned
1. I need more folks on my friends list that can DANCE! :( add me A Lost Hiro

2. I pre-ordered from amazon and havn't gotten my Lady Gaga songs yet, has anyone else?

Fularu

Banned
Quick question :

Are Dance Central 1 2 and 3 Pal versions region free? As in, can I play them on my US 360?

Does the game have a real progression of moves yet? I hated the first game because most songs had completely different moves, so if you spent time mastering a move, you probably wouldn't see it again, unless you got lucky on a far later song.

Nemesis_

Does the game have a real progression of moves yet? I hated the first game because most songs had completely different moves, so if you spent time mastering a move, you probably wouldn't see it again, unless you got lucky on a far later song.

The second game did this much better, I can assume the third one got it right even more.

This is sitting, sealed, on my drawers right now. I have to get these assignments done before I can even think of unwrapping it (let alone playing it).

EXCITED

You guys can add me in the mean time, I'm going to try and incorporate this into my exercise regime (lol) so I will plan to play it quite regularly.

Guys, question:

Where are the options of the game?

I noticed yesterday that the game doesn´t stretches completely on my tv screen (the xbox menu does, so it´s something game related I suppose)

Or it´s like that?

Guys, question:

Where are the options of the game?

I noticed yesterday that the game doesn´t stretches completely on my tv screen (the xbox menu does, so it´s something game related I suppose)

Or it´s like that?

I believe that it's an issue on some tv's but there is an option in the A/V settings menu to activate an overscan that makes the image bigger to cover all the screen.

Don't forget to set up that Kinect PlayFit app too. It has calorie stat tracking and other neat things + Achievements. It's compatible with 12 games I think from DC 2 and 3 to even random stuff like that Leela game. Played for a good hour last night and really enjoyed it.

Dany

Banned
They seem to be posting it on the Facebook page.

Which means I must've missed Aubrey's already ;_;

Rasa is the 16th October
Aubrey is the 20th October

Found out yesterday that you can disconnect from LIVE, change the date, play the song and get the achievement. :D

hyped, but will wait for the inevitable black friday deal this game always gets to $29.99 like the last two did.

i got dance central 2 and kinect sports 2 for $10 each at walmart last yr on black friday, im going to wait and see how cheap this game is this year

Sai-kun

Banned
5-Starred OMG on Hard tonight. I wonder if I can do it consistently. Just have 4 achievements left:

Play as every character in every outfit
Play 3 weekends in a row
10k Flawless
10k Nice

So close!

Found out yesterday that you can disconnect from LIVE, change the date, play the song and get the achievement. :D

5-Starred OMG on Hard tonight. I wonder if I can do it consistently. Just have 4 achievements left:

Play as every character in every outfit
Play 3 weekends in a row
10k Flawless
10k Nice

So close!

If Dany M is right, I wonder if you could just change the date to three weekends and get the achievement.

Guys, I still can´t find the overscan option... I´m dumb or what??

Ok, Step by step, at the start of the game you see the title screen, you select main menu and I believe the problem is here. The options menu is in the upper left. You have to stretch your left hand as if going back, but pointing up, so you can select the options menu instead.

There you see the A/V settings among other options and once there you checkmark the overscan option.

I can take some pictures if you still can't find it, altough I don't think it will be necessary. Good luck on your quest.

And by the way, the sorting options in the song list are in that same location, upper left.

People already have almost all of the achievements?

JESUS CHRIST

Sai-kun is a dancing machine. :p

Ok, Step by step, at the start of the game you see the title screen, you select main menu and I believe the problem is here. The options menu is in the upper left. You have to stretch your left hand as if going back, but pointing up, so you can select the options menu instead.

There you see the A/V settings among other options and once there you checkmark the overscan option.

I can take some pictures if you can't find them altough I don't think it will be necessary. Good luck on your quest.

Sai-kun is a dancing machine. :p

Okay!! Going to try it now!!! How the heck they made it so difficitul to find compared to DC2 :/

Edit: Finally!!!! Thanks for the help!

Kerrinck

Quick question :

Are Dance Central 1 2 and 3 Pal versions region free? As in, can I play them on my US 360?

Kinda late on the reply but I believe so. Harmonix games are usually region free, the US versions of DC 1,2 and RB3 run fine on my pal 360, the opposite is probably true as well.

I've encountered a bug in my game and I'm not the only one according to the DC.com forums. On the 80s Craze after getting past the decypher part it will zoom in on the boombox and it hard locks on me. No Guide Button, nothing. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it's not just you. I'll wait for a patch before continuing story mode.

Sai-kun

Banned
So...I'm close to unlocking all the outfits anyways (like 6-7 levels, tops), but Dany M and I were playing today and it all of a sudden just gave me the achievement. Cool.

I wish I could track how many Flawless/Nice ratings I had though! Just those two, plus playing on two weekends left to do.

I've encountered a bug in my game and I'm not the only one according to the DC.com forums. On the 80s Craze after getting past the decypher part it will zoom in on the boombox and it hard locks on me. No Guide Button, nothing. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it's not just you. I'll wait for a patch before continuing story mode.

I´m lucky I guess...

No locks and I´m in the 2000.

Black-Box

How are people liking the 2ne1 song? I am sad they couldn't use the actually dance moves. Hopefully they wont do the same for the other kpop songs.

Chairhome

Almost done with
Master Quest
. Only missing 2 stars on hard. Got 5 stars on hard on all songs except OMG and secret song
tan-step
. Hoping to have some time to finish it tonight.

Top Bottom