• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Awesome, thanks. I only ask because the last time I tried to lend her a game (Virtue's Last Reward) it retained all my saves even on her Vita. Was worried this would do the same thing.

I can confirm that this game use the normal PS vita system file. ( so the save is on your memory card , not or the game card )

Shizuka

If anyone was waiting for the right opportunity of getting the Danganronpa Vita-2000 limited bundle, Play-Asia has some leftover stock for sale.

That's probably the only reason I never bought it from them.

As much as I love and want that, can't justify paying 140 dollars over the price of a normal Vita for it.

I'll just stick with my Monokuma Vita case instead~

Where'd you get a Monokuma Vita case? It'd be awesome to have one.

Isotope

Granted, it's not just for the case, as it comes with that book as well as a little Monomi Vita holder.

But shit, that's too expensive.

To think that amiami had all of that for roughly $38. If only we had known. :^(

Labrys

Granted, it's not just for the case, as it comes with that book as well as a little Monomi Vita holder.

But shit, that's too expensive.

To think that amiami had all of that for roughly $38. If only we had known. :^(

Not a book, it's a screen wiper! I got it, I misplaced my monomi case (it's in a box somewhere) but i still use my Monokuma cover.

Not worth $100 though, not in the slightest.

robotrock

Banned
hello i need desperate help on chapter 4.
i put the usb stick to the laptop and othello is appearing. i dont know what to do next. theres that panel with digits on it but i have no idea how to input numbers into it

cj_iwakura

hello i need desperate help on chapter 4.
i put the usb stick to the laptop and othello is appearing. i dont know what to do next. theres that panel with digits on it but i have no idea how to input numbers into it

That puzzle is HELL. I don't know what the devs were on.

Talk and explore enough and eventually he'll outright say the answer.
As to how to solve it, I legitimately have NO idea. Even with the solution, it made no sense.

Shizuka

Tadaaa!

bXB4ciS.jpg

OxZg6cB.jpg

E9YJDKb.jpg

RJNSHbW.jpg

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am currently in chapter three.

The rhythm game is still exceptionally retarded. The cutting through words minigame is also annoying. The "improved" hangman game is also bloody annoying.

As for the cases: so far they're fine. An improvement from the 1st one to be sure. Although
Gravel-->swimsuit
thing during the class trial on Chapter 2 was really, unbelievably stupid.

I also like the characters. Kind of miffed on yet JYB as the voice for Hajime, but eh, I can deal with it.

The rhythm game is still exceptionally retarded. The cutting through words minigame is also annoying. The "improved" hangman game is also bloody annoying.

I have to agree on this. I loved DR1 but man this game feels like SUCH a downgrade! All their improvements are just...not fun. Logic dive is dumb in both concept and execution. Hajime is kind of an unlikeable character but I'm learning to tolerate him. I happened to like Makoto so much better.

On the plus side, the addition of the Pet in the e-handbook is pretty neat.

JimPanzer

uhhh what the fuck? I think I stumbled over a bug. I'm in chapter 4 at the
grape house
and my whole screen is white, just seeing a pixelated version of monokuma sometimes, can't move, only turn, but it's all white. what's going on?

MSMrRound

grape house
and my whole screen is white, just seeing a pixelated version of monokuma sometimes, can't move, only turn, but it's all white. what's going on?

It happens. I got that bug as well. Was listed in the introductory post in the OT too.

You can only reload your last save and carry on from there.

Try to save regularly whenever you are in a stable spot.

JimPanzer

It happens. I got that bug as well. Was listed in the introductory post in the OT too.

You can only reload your last save and carry on from there.

Try to save regularly whenever you are in a stable spot.

yep got it, 10 minutes of holding the square button, damn :D

grape house

Chapter 4 generally seems kinda buggy. I also had an issue where I entered one of the rooms and it only loaded a character and hidden Monokuma, everything else was pitch black.

Zareka

As for the cases: so far they're fine. An improvement from the 1st one to be sure. Although
Gravel-->swimsuit
thing during the class trial on Chapter 2 was really, unbelievably stupid..

I feel like I'm the only person who picked up on this almost immediately. I thought it was obvious. :p
I can confirm that this game use the normal PS vita system file. ( so the save is on your memory card , not or the game card )
Kick-ass. I'll see about giving the gift of this wonderful game, then. :)

Just bought this last night, played for about 10 minutes.

So I selected 'gentle' difficulty for the mini games because fuck the mini games.

I wasn't sure about the other difficulty level though- it had an option to select the puzzle difficulty. Something about time limits and hints and such. I don't recall any time limits in the first game- what exactly would I be losing/gaining by selecting gentle for the puzzles?

LX_Theo

Banned
Just bought this last night, played for about 10 minutes.

So I selected 'gentle' difficulty for the mini games because fuck the mini games.

I wasn't sure about the other difficulty level though- it had an option to select the puzzle difficulty. Something about time limits and hints and such. I don't recall any time limits in the first game- what exactly would I be losing/gaining by selecting gentle for the puzzles?

The difficulties are for logic and action.

Logic refers to the debate portions. Those have time limits for every portion, including minigames. First game had these, too. Action refers to the physical difficulty of minigames. Stuff like how difficult the actual minigame is.

The difficulties are for logic and action.

Logic refers to the debate portions. Those have time limits for every portion, including minigames. First game had these, too. Action refers to the physical difficulty of minigames. Stuff like how difficult the actual minigame is.

Thank you! Gentle it is then....

How the hell is the average person supposed to figure that out?

Lights blink four times before resetting and they do it in same combination every time. There are also four rows of symbols on the card you find. There are two ways you can interpret it - you can try "translating" every row of lights to numbers or "translating" four blinks of every single light to a number. First method is impossible, the second method works.

The logic was quite simple there - nothing that would be out of place in a traditional adventure game, IMO.

cj_iwakura

Lights blink four times before resetting and they do it in same combination every time. There are also four rows of symbols on the card you find. There are two ways you can interpret it - you can try "translating" every row of lights to numbers or "translating" four blinks of every single light to a number. First method is impossible, the second method works.

The logic was quite simple there - nothing that would be out of place in a traditional adventure game, IMO.

I did the first method. It's just there's never been a puzzle that obtuse in either of the 999 games that I recall.

Nyoro SF

I did the first method. It's just there's never been a puzzle that obtuse in either of the 999 games that I recall.

I consider myself pretty good at puzzles like these and I definitely suspected some sort of
different numbering system, but the computer screen display totally threw me off.
It was the only part of the puzzle I had to get help with; very embarassing.

Jintor

are you kidding? some of the number puzzles in vlr were way above this level.

I just wasn't expecting it and was getting really annoyed at
Nagito patronising Monomi (well, the player, really)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I feel like I'm the only person who picked up on this almost immediately. I thought it was obvious. :p

Kick-ass. I'll see about giving the gift of this wonderful game, then. :)

Oh don't misunderstand. I managed to get it on my 2nd try. But still the reasoning was stupid.

I now know why the spoiler OT's motto is "Aloha, Despair!".

Let's just say that I was looking for that one dancing Monokuma gif and I vaguely remembered that such a GIF was in the spoiler thread, and...

(DANGANRONPA 2 GOODBYE DESPAIR CHAPTER 05 MEGA SPOILERS I AM SERIOUS THIS WILL HURT FOR THE LOVE OF HOPE DO NOT OPEN THIS SPOILER I BEG YOU)

Chiaki, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwellapparentlysheistheaforementionedtraitorandalsoshekilledkomaedaohshitifiwasjunkoiwouldhavehad100orgasmsbynow

Just beat this game. For me I like it better than the first one, although I found the mysteries in this one easier to figure out. The cast is much better than who was in the original. Too afraid of going into the spoiler thread in fear of someone accidentally spoiling Another Episode ( think that's what it's called).

PK Gaming

Just beat this game. For me I like it better than the first one, although I found the mysteries in this one easier to figure out. The cast is much better than who was in the original. Too afraid of going into the spoiler thread in fear of someone accidentally spoiling Another Episode ( think that's what it's called).

It should be safe. Charlequin put a stop to AE discussion, so the spoiler thread has been AE free as of late.

Shizuka

Danganronpa 2, well... First one is still my favorite. Time to move on, I'm hoping we'll get Another Episode sometime next year.

UberTag

Just finished Chapter 2 - impressions time. (My original Chapter 1 impressions are here... yeah, I'm taking my sweet time.)

- Jeez, they sure telegraphed Mahiru's murder something fierce ahead of time, didn't they? I was right about her getting won over by Hajime and tragically snuffed out - this girl had no killer instinct. After Chapter 1, I was thinking she'd stick around a touch longer but they just relegated her lowering her guard to Hajime within their "free time" confessional segments instead of building them into the proper storyline.

- It was fun going back through playing the entirety of Twilight Syndrome Murder Case to piece through each of the character's identities once the reveal was made that it was based on events that took place in the school prior to arriving to the island. In retrospect, I'm sort of kicking myself for not realizing this twist sooner because Girl C was quite clearly talking like Ibuki, Girl B was quite clearly tiny and Girl A (our playable character) was quite clearly a wimp. Oh... and Girl D was taking photos of everything. Duh. Well, that... and the fact that those were the names used should have been an obvious "tell". That "game within a game" approach was fun and inventive.

- I thought I'd stumbled across the first true WTF moment in the game when they revealed the photo of Fuyuhiko's sister in the music room. Not because of who she was... I'd pieced that together already but that my immediate reaction was that she was a doppelganger of Sonia Nevermind. Damn similar character designs. After a couple minutes of immediate shock, I realized that wasn't the case and she had the same dimpled cheeks as Fuyuhiko - which wasn't a Sonia trait. Darn, WTF moment false alarm.

- Unlike the first class trial, I was somewhat at a loss as to who this culprit was actually going to wind up being. No free time events meant it couldn't be Fuyuhiko. Hiyoko was a clear red herring - not that she could swing a bat with the force needed to instantly kill Mahiru in a single swing. We had inconsistent evidence in the form of the empty surfboard case, the gummy that wasn't the kind that Hiyoko craved, the silly mask and Sonia's Sparkling Justice fixation, the escape route through a window 9 feet off the ground, all of the empty bottles of "clear liquid" - that's what I gravitated to the most because it set up the one person whose supposed alibi at the time of the murder was dependent on being "in liquid" and not somewhere else. Namely Peko.

- But then what the hell was her motive given that Murder A was "Sato killing Fuyuhiko's sister because she was bullying Mahiru whom she had a crush on", Murder B was "Fuyuhiko killing Sato to avenge his sister" and Peko apparently had no connection to either of these. Of course, given how useless Peko has otherwise been up to now - at least her having committed this murder would give her some semblance of purpose. Heading into a trial with THREE murders to solve was going to be fun if nothing else.

- This trial sure loves being meta with its "we're characters in a video game?" schtick. Ha ha. At least here they made sense.

- Well, it looks like I logically pieced together the culprit despite not having a clue exactly as to why. Certainly didn't foresee Peko owning Sonia's "Sparkling Justice" character as a distraction... and then playing the "I had no free will hence I'm not the actual killer" card. It helped explain Peko's rationale behind the killing and it certainly added an unexpected dimension to the climax of the chapter. Also, wasn't expecting Fuyuhiko's active involvement in her execution movie although I felt the sentiment towards his well-being expressed by the group at the end of the chapter felt awkward and forced. Troll girl Hiyoko was the only one behaving with any sense... and you know it's bad when that's the case. Sure, the dude's a tragic character - he's had to come to terms with the death of his little sister and the girl that he loved over the course of just a couple days. Not to mention his injuries... but the rest of these idiots have no business feeling sorry for him.

- My initial character assessments haven't changed much from Chapter 1... although I find that I'm not caring much for Hajime. He feels like a cipher compared to Makoto... although borrowing Kyoko's amnesia back story is probably facilitating some of that. We also had Makoto's personal connection with Sayaka to kick things off and then his subsequent clash of ideals with Byakuya to keep us motivated. Hajime has none of these things. He's just getting whisked along by the current and I feel like this is more Nagito's story than anything else. As for the main plot, I'm hoping for more concrete developments to come about soon instead of this abstract hope/despair/bomb countdown BS. They've gotten all of the rehashed stuff from Danganronpa 1 out of the way now, so it's now time to chart some new territory.

- Given the cries of anguish surrounding Chapter 5 (which remains a fair distance away), I have to believe right now that either Chiaki buys the farm there or Kyoko comes back from Game 1 and gets killed. Can't think of anyone else whose death would illicit that degree of angst. It's certainly fun to speculate about in advance.

ahdurian

does anyone have some nice DR 1/2 wallpapers, or where i can find good resolution versions of the pixelated characters

I wanna change my desktop background =3

Top Bottom