• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Chapter 6 spoilers

Man last episode was fucking nuts. Still....so chapter 0, at first I thought that was Hajime, then Naegi because he said he had "luck", but then, the way he talked, that's not Naegi at all. And.... FUCKING HELL NAGITO HAS JUNKO'S HAND

Man, what the hell is up with Hope's Peak Academy. The main cast? Extras? Is this leading to where I think of?... At first I thought those people at the manga were Chiaki and Monomi. Izuru Kamukura? Dangan Ronpa Zero? That's the name of the novel that says what happened before DR right? I have read it already before in the DR wiki, but I don't remember that much and I don't want to spoil people here. "it's just no possible, right?" if only you knew Hajime... Is that Mikan on the cover? lol So that's how all the incidents occured, huh.

Ultimate Despair, Junko Enoshima! Dun dun duuuuun. That's a super mass suicide! I love how Monokuma is just saying "..." during the whole conversation. Hajime is being so harsh on Kazuichi, useless? He has been way more useful than Sonia, Akane and Fuyuhiko. That's the same Hiyoko?! What. Izuru is the founder too? What. “The six of you agreed to join…” Woah, so even Fukawa/Genocider joined too? Lol I guess the Remnants of Depais are the Hope’s Peak Academy’s surviving students aka this cast?

Woah woah, so they are experiencing a digital world or something like that? Huh, that explains how fucked up everything seems since the end of the previous chapter. OMG That’s Fujisaki/Alter Ego!! So if they died in the virtual world they killed them in the real one or something? OH THAT’S NAEGI!! Ohh I was right about the 11307! So, is the “main cast” really coming?
If so, this trial is gonna be so much hype.

Of course fukawa joined , what wouldn't she do to follow byakuya

Before I jump into the last class trial, some questions or things I noted:

I don't know if those are considered a spoiler somehow but I just found out that
Nagito Komaeda is Makoto Naegi rearranged. Mind Blown.
And question:
What was the "it" that
Akane and Nekomaru were talking the whole time? I mean, it would be obvious it was sex but this is Dangan Ronpa sooo.

Case 2 spoilers:
So I don't remember right, but supposedly Peko tricked everyone into voting her and then declared that Fuyuhiko was able to survive as the murderer, but isn't the person that makes the killing the murderer? I mean, at that point everyone was like "The decision is made by you Fuyuhiko. You decide if we die or not"
Case 3 spoilers:
Also don't remember but, did they revealed why Hiyoko hated Mikan so much, and if Mikan felt happy somehow to kill Hiyoko?
Case 4 spoilers:
Wait, so how did Nekomaru died? Everything pointed that he fell and crashed with the pillar and died, but after that Gundham starts explaining that he did fight Nekomaru while teasing each other and that was inside the Grape Tower I think.
Case 5 spoilers:
If Chiaki was the traitor, why didn't the bomb stopped when she used her ID card?

Of course fukawa joined , what wouldn't she do to follow byakuya
True, but I was doubting an organization called Future Foundation who promotes hope would let a serial killer join them. :p

LX_Theo

Banned
Before I jump into the last class trial, some questions or things I noted:

I don't know if those are considered a spoiler somehow but I just found out that
Nagito Komaeda is Makoto Naegi rearranged. Mind Blown.
And question:
What was the "it" that
Akane and Nekomaru were talking the whole time? I mean, it would be obvious it was sex but this is Dangan Ronpa sooo.

Case 2 spoilers:
So I don't remember right, but supposedly Peko tricked everyone into voting her and then declared that Fuyuhiko was able to survive as the murderer, but isn't the person that makes the killing the murderer? I mean, at that point everyone was like "The decision is made by you Fuyuhiko. You decide if we die or not"
Case 3 spoilers:
Also don't remember but, did they revealed why Hiyoko hated Mikan so much, and if Mikan felt happy somehow to kill Hiyoko?
Case 4 spoilers:
Wait, so how did Nekomaru died? Everything pointed that he fell and crashed with the pillar and died, but after that Gundham starts explaining that he did fight Nekomaru while teasing each other and that was inside the Grape Tower I think.
Case 5 spoilers:
If Chiaki was the traitor, why didn't the bomb stopped when she used her ID card?
"It" is elaborated on in his FTEs.

C2:
The idea was to not consider her a person. She wanted to be considered a tool so that her actions would be considered Fuyuhiko's. Any other speculation on how those events played out would require endgame spoilers (nothing that mentioning this would make you think of, mind you)

C3:
I believe Hiyoko touches on her general motivations for targeting people for bullying in her FTEs. I don't believe they ever speak on Mikan's thought process in specifics while,carrying out her murders.

C4:
Gundham "fought" with Nekomaru, but he used his dark devas to press Mechamaru's sleep button. After that, he was tied to the doorknob and the resulting fall and pillar crash destroyed his vitals.

C5:
Nagito had no clue who the traitor was. Remember, he was relying on his luck. He couldn't have programmed it to actually trigger on this. Even that part was meant to get everyone into a situation where they would fall into his real plan.

"It" is elaborated on in his FTEs.

C2:
The idea was to not consider her a person. She wanted to be considered a tool so that her actions would be considered Fuyuhiko's. Any other speculation on how those events played out would require endgame spoilers (nothing that mentioning this would make you think of, mind you)

C3:
I believe Hiyoko touches on her general motivations for targeting people for bullying in her FTEs. I don't believe they ever speak on Mikan's thought process in specifics while,carrying out her murders.

C4:
Gundham "fought" with Nekomaru, but he used his dark devas to press Mechamaru's sleep button. After that, he was tied to the doorknob and the resulting fall and pillar crash destroyed his vitals.
All of that does makes sense. Thanks.
Nagito never knew who the traitor was, so why would you think his machine would work?
C5:
Nagito had no clue who the traitor was. Remember, he was relying on his luck. He couldn't have programmed it to actually trigger on this. Even that part was meant to get everyone into a situation where they would fall into his real plan.
Oops, completely forgot about that part, for some reason I remembered they knew, gotcha.

Jintor

fuckin hell loisa the goddamn principle came to talk to me just as I scrolled down to that post. nearly flipped my goddamn laptop from alt-tabbing so hard

JimPanzer

hm not really feeling the game this time around. Somehow I don't feel connected to the cast as I did in the first one, the trials and the solutions to some arguments seem super arbitrary at times. Finished Chapter 3, hope the overarching plot is developing a bit more from now on.

fuckin hell loisa the goddamn principle came to talk to me just as I scrolled down to that post. nearly flipped my goddamn laptop from alt-tabbing so hard

Yeah, loisa. You always gotta link your NSFW shit. It's the principal of the matter.

I know the feeling, so I'm sorry for the trouble that caused, and I'm also sorry for laughing at your situation.

I'll make sure to keep anything that can get people swole hidden from view.

MSMrRound

I need to grind monocoins post game. Should I just endlessly replay trial one like I did for dr1

Finishing Island mode or raising a pet gives a big amount of coins as well. You can consider doing these things together if you are cleaning up trophies and stuff.

I need to grind monocoins post game. Should I just endlessly replay trial one like I did for dr1

Pets give between 150-250 each, Island Mode is 100/200 for completing the final task, trials from C3 onwards should be like 120-130 each for an A rank. I'd say just go for some of the trophies and you'll easily have enough.

Overall DR 1 Spoilers and Late DR2 spoilers
True, but I was doubting an organization called Future Foundation who promotes hope would let a serial killer join them. :p

Well , she is the ultimate writter first, anyway she is part of those who choose HOPE instead of despair when the entire world was watching live... and she can be "tamed".If she wasn't a ultimate despair in the first place , is there really a reason to turn her off , especially since she is part of "that" group ?

What's the best way to pet grind them

You can't quite grind raising pets without paying attention, but you can mostly automate it. Go into any of the side-scrolling segments on the islands, put a rubber band around the left analog stick to force it holding right or left (I wrapped mine around the charging plug, kept it holding right), hold the O button and just keep going into the Pet menu every 30 secs to 1 min to clean up. You can look up a pet guide if you want to find out which pets can be raised, the ones which give out 250 coins should be obvious. Cheapest way to raise hope is buying bulk amounts of Fresh Water/Ramune from the vending machine for 1 coin a pop.

a bit offtopic, but I just saw a movie (spoilered the movie title for not ruining the movie plot twist, )
Maze Runner
and it remind me of the first Dangan Ronpa lol,

memory wipe, trapped in a location trying to escape, and the first game plot twist that
the world is already fucked up

hopefully the movie sequel goes tropical, hahaha. now I want a live action movie of the first game.

Jintor

Ooooh look what just turned up

ByYFdnZCMAATp6B.jpg

Jintor

It's the ultimate artbook

Jesus, fuck improved hangman's gambit. Syndromes due to random chance you get two collisions there's no way to prevent. My perfect trial trophy...

Mohasus

Just finished case 3:

While I like the characters more in this one, I think the cases were really boring so far. Aw. Also people should spoiler their reactions, saying chapter 5 NO NO NO NO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN is a spoiler itself, even if you don't realize it. If I had to guess what caused this reaction, Chiaki dies. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Just finished case 3:

While I like the characters more in this one, I think the cases were really boring so far. Aw. Also people should spoiler their reactions, saying chapter 5 NO NO NO NO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN is a spoiler itself, even if you don't realize it. If I had to guess what caused this reaction, Chiaki dies. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Lolz, your mind is going to be so full of fuck by the end of chapter 5. Whatever you think you know is laughing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the ultimate artbook

Jesus, fuck improved hangman's gambit. Syndromes due to random chance you get two collisions there's no way to prevent. My perfect trial trophy...
Doing the no damage trophy made my feelings of IHG go from "Uggghhh" to "LOOAAAATTTHHHEEEEE". Not to mention in Ch. 4, for some reason, the cursor never appeared, so I had to use the touch controls, which made it even WORSE.

Lusankya

You can't quite grind raising pets without paying attention, but you can mostly automate it. Go into any of the side-scrolling segments on the islands, put a rubber band around the left analog stick to force it holding right or left (I wrapped mine around the charging plug, kept it holding right), hold the O button and just

Actually not holding the O button is faster, because Hajime walks more steps per minute compared to running.

Mohasus

This protagonist is unbearable. I didn't like the one in the first game (though he got better towards the end), but they really tried hard to make Hajime as obnoxious as possible. Each chapter he gets worse.

I know the feeling, so I'm sorry for the trouble that caused, and I'm also sorry for laughing at your situation.

I'll make sure to keep anything that can get people swole hidden from view.

lol I was just making fun of Jintor because his principle came to see what he was doing. And not his principal.

Ending spoilers

Man the intro always makes me sad when I see the people that have died.
"If this is a game, are my words being displayed in a text window right now?" "You better say we're not fictional characters" Those really made me laugh lol Holy crap, if growing up affected Hiyoko like that, I can't imagine the others right now. o_O Woooah, that trial change.

Everyone's still alive? Please be true please be true please be true "WHAT THE FUCK" Indeed Fuyuhiko, indeed. WAOH WAIT WHAT CHIAKI ISN'T REAL IS MY LIFE A LIE TOO?! "Those of us here?" If I'm right, are they really the Idon'tknowwhat of Despair that were mentioned earlier?

OMG NAEGI!! Ohh, so it's the Hope Restoration Program, and they put those 15 students there because they are Idon'tknowwhat of Despair and wanted to reform them. So I was right! That's Nagito's true motive huh, it makes a lot more of sense now. Shit, I forgot about the part where they kill their family, friends and their own bodies. Damn. And I guess that explains Nagito's hand? So wait....the person inside the boat with him, could really be Hajime (or another of the students) since he's the Ultimate Despair too! I never thought I would see Hajime agreeing with Naegi.

holy shit all of that's fucked up. I guess each one of them was in one of those pictures? I suppose Kazuichi was the one with the hat and Fuyuhiko the one about the eye, but seriously, damn. "There's something wrong with him!" Ohh so that's a fake? Aw man :( "Final..." "Don't say it!" lol

WOOOHO GIANT JUNKO Aaaand that means giant boobs "This isn't a fanservice game!" You sure? "I already got bored of my personality who gets bored easily" lol So they can come back?! Oh my God that new Junko personality I can't even oMG so everyone is still alive MAKOTO WHERE DID YOU COME FROM So everyone who's dead would become Junko? o_O Ohhh that explains the mass suicide.

OH SHIT KIRIGIRI AND TOGAMI! THINGS ARE GOING DOWN HERE! Akane is the only one that reacted to Togami? D: Do they even know the other one was a fake aside from Hajime? "I'll lose all my Monocoins!" Hahaha. " I did a lot of disgraceful things in front of those cameras" "You sure did..." Why Sonia why. Mastermind?

IZURU KAMUKURA?! HAJIME IS IZURU?! HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT. The things they did to Hajime... that's waaaay too fucked up This is way too intense asfdsjfwnewcnm9

Everything's... back to normal? Even Usami?! :D Yeah...this is the best ending...Hajime and Chiaki... ;_; Izuru sure has long hair. Hajime turned SSJ, just like Ishimaru... FUCK YEAH! Hajime and Chiaki: "No, that's wrong!" GO EVERYONE GO! I suppose Sonia and Fuyuhiko were talking about Chiaki?

OH YEAH USAMI TIME BITCH! LOL Junko's boobs jiggling. Makoto, Kirigiri and Togami look so badass together like that. "THAT'S THE FUTURE!" That came out of nowhere, and was perfect, haha. "Thank you, Chiaki!"

The prologue...amazing. The DR trio keeps being badass, there's a chance of a miracle for the sleeping ones to awake, Fukawa is waiting for Togami.... Huh, so Hajime didn't even change one bit in all those years that passed? There are some drawings in the credits that I don't remember.

Such amazing game~ And all of the voices were so fucking great, I don't even know how someone could dislike them (well maybe except for Monokuma, Monomi or Mikan). I'm really curious how they're going to continue the story with DR3.

Overall DR 1 Spoilers and Late DR2 spoilers

Well , she is the ultimate writter first, anyway she is part of those who choose HOPE instead of despair when the entire world was watching live... and she can be "tamed".If she wasn't a ultimate despair in the first place , is there really a reason to turn her off , especially since she is part of "that" group ?
Yeah I understand what you mean, the idea of it at first just seemed funny to me.
Just finished case 3:

Oh shit, it was right.
I could have the same reaction to almost every other character in the game, SPECIALLY the surviving ones by Chapter 4 (Hajime, Nagito, Sonia, Chiaki, Kazuichi, Gundham, Fuyuhiko, maybe Nekomaru and not Akane). You already knew how I reacted to Miharu's and Fuyuhiko's (almost) death, right? This time I was just so consumed by despair that I didn't think about spoiler tagging that part, You shouldn't worry about it, specially since the thing that happens could be something entirely different than someone's death.

Dominator

Uhm... My Vita is acting crazy. Its moving the cursor to the top left of the screen whenever I need to move it, and its fast-forwarding all of the dialogue so I can't read anything. I even put the Vita down and it was still doing it. I'm on the Chapter 6 trial so this sucks.

Shizuka

Nice, I'd really like to see some photos of that when you get it. I'm so tempted to order one, but downgrading to a worse screen when I have a flawless (no mura) launch 1000 is the big roadblock.

I'll take several and post them here and on the PSN topic. I don't really see it as downgrading, since I'll keep my OLED Vita and choose which one I'll use the best down the road.

DaBoss

Uhm... My Vita is acting crazy. Its moving the cursor to the top left of the screen whenever I need to move it, and its fast-forwarding all of the dialogue so I can't read anything. I even put the Vita down and it was still doing it. I'm on the Chapter 6 trial so this sucks.
Probably the touch screen is acting messed up. If it is possible to save, then do that and try powering off and then on the Vita.

That's the Vita acting up, same thing happened to myself (different game though) and also someone else here. The touch screen is registering as constantly being pressed. The way I fixed it was using the PS button to go back to the home menu (which was super laggy) and swiping through the bubble pages a couple of times - it caused the Vita to totally freeze up for a few seconds before going back to normal. Failing that just power off and reset.

The text auto-forwarding happened to me as well; I just closed and restarted the game (not the Vita)

Unfortunately, I've spoiled myself 95% of the game. Fortunately though, I hadn't spoiled myself about CH01 and I watched a video of that.

The trial was quite complex and it was a nice case overall.

Dominator

Thanks for the replies. I quit the game, reopened it and it was still messed up. I then turned off my Vita completely and when I turned it back on it worked.

Just beat it. Amazing game.

Nice, I'd really like to see some photos of that when you get it. I'm so tempted to order one, but downgrading to a worse screen when I have a flawless (no mura) launch 1000 is the big roadblock.

I'm very happy for you

...Also very jealous on my part :(

I fell in love with that thing when I first saw it

To my despair,I cannot buy that beauty- don't have the money

Zareka

Question: does this game save data to the game cart or to the vita memory card? Girlfriend really wants to play the game but has no money, so need to know what the deal is before I lend it to her.

Don't worry, she'll buy it eventually. :p

Question: does this game save data to the game cart or to the vita memory card? Girlfriend really wants to play the game but has no money, so need to know what the deal is before I lend it to her.

Don't worry, she'll buy it eventually. :p

Should be like all Vita games and save to the memory card.

Top Bottom