• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Import OT | *Unmarked DR 1 and 2 Spoilers*

Yasumi

Banned
UE3UGRS.png

djL5606.png
gmYA74j.png
DF0zO4m.png

Cover:
Release info:
絶対絶望少女 ダンガンロンパ Another Episode
Developer: Spike Chunsoft
Platform: Vita
Release Date:
Japan: September 25, 2014
MSRP: 7,020 JPY
99xE60w.png

The events following in the aftermath of the slaughterings at Hope’s Peak Academy are finally coming to light….

Two Protagonists - The heroines of this game are Komaru Naegi and Toko Fukawa, two people who meet and work together in the despair-laden Towa City. To fight against despair, Komaru is armed with a Hacking Megaphone Gun given to her by someone, while Toko and her other personality Genocide Jill can change places.
1RRgwEb.png

Hacking Megaphone Gun - The Hacking Megaphone Gun is a special weapon that uses the power of language able to shoot eight different types of Truth Bullet words, including “move,” “dance,” and “destroy.” When it hits an object on the map or a Monokuma enemy, the target reacts in a number of different ways based on the word used. In addition to attacking Monokuma enemies, you’ll also need to use the gun to solve riddles and pave your way forward by hitting objects.
rgy3TSE.png

Towa City - Another Episode is set in in Towa City, a state-of-the-art city run by the Towa Group, a company famous for its IT technology. A floating landfill sitting on top of the ocean, Towa City is host to a number of skyscrapers, factories, and commercial facilities, as well as the headquarters for the Towa Group itself. Concerned by the lingering global pollution that appeared in the wake of “The Greatest Despair in Human History,” the Towa Group is contributing to worldwide reconstructing efforts by developing things such as air purification systems that can remove toxic gases.
r6ig9QX.png

Monokuma and the Monokuma Kids - Monokumas, which are black and white robots made to resemble a bear, have suddenly started appearing in Towa City and going after the its adults. Existing in great numbers, the Monokumas are known to take on a variety of different shapes and sizes. To make matters worse, the Monokuma Kids are also roaming the streets. A group of children wearing Monokuma heads over their own, they’re also out rampaging against adults in an effort to bring them to despair.
vQv2mEi.png

MEYmvzP.png

Another Episode stars Komaru Naegi, who’s the sort of ordinary girl you can see countless numbers of in day-to-day life. Still separated from her family a year and a half after “The Greatest Despair in Human History,” she’s forced to live a life of confinement. Having already given up hope and accepted her circumstances, Komaru finds herself facing yet more despair on top of what she already faces. Indeed, when her confinement finally does manage to come to an end, it’s not by any hero or savior, but rather… Monokuma himself. Successfully able to escape the evil robot bear, Komaru makes it back to the outside world, only to be shocked at what she sees, greeted by the sight of children hunting down adults in this so-called “World of Despair.” Her only two hopes for staying alive lie in a Hacking Megaphone Gun handed to her from a certain someone, as well as Toko Fukawa, who she just so happens to meet by chance.
eVfwez3.png

VErRIzX.png

QwRRnE7.png

1Z6gYtf.png

4xHCeY6.png

MZ5SPvX.png

EdM6HY8.png

E5squDZ.png

Yyg12QW.png

tup9QyQ.png

And many other new and familiar faces:
K2e7nIK.png

XuubHyy.png

Komaru’s Megaphone-Type Hacking Gun fires Truth Bullets, which are pieces of programming code that inflict a number of different effects upon the target. If you shoot a normal Monokuma in its left eye, it becomes a “Nice Shot,” and the attack does greater damage, enough to take them out in one hit. Additionally, offensive Truth Bullets can be upgraded by purchasing Decoder Bullets from a shop within the game and subsequently equipping them. Variables that can be upgraded in this manner include firepower, ammo amount, and rapid-fire capabilities, among other things. These upgrades require “Monokuma Medals” in order to be purchased, which you can get by defeating Monokumas.
WduI6t7.png

wX8Y2la.png

Special thanks to Sal Romano and Thomas James of Gematsu for the website text translations.

I'll probably add some more later on, but this should be fine for now.

Let the despair begin.

Can't wait for the spoilers!

I also really should just go ahead and preorder this already instead of wavering back and forth.

Kysen

My first DR game, cant wait. Got a¥10000 card sent yesterday, tempted to pick up the first two games as well.

Isotope

My first DR game, cant wait. Got a¥10000 card sent yesterday, tempted to pick up the first two games as well.

Whoa now. You need to play DR1 and 2; they're excellent! Also, this thread will have spoilers for those games, so be cautious.

This is a story-based series, and this game is supposedly going to be VERY story-heavy as well to the point there's an option to not even play through the action segments (well, to let Jill handle them). You should really play the first 2 games.

Yasumi

Banned
Added character profiles for the Warriors of Hope and changed a couple terms on the bullet chart.

With ~24 hours until release, spoilers will start leaking out to the interwebs soon. Now would be the time to start avoiding Tumblr, 4chan, and any other places unmarked spoilers get posted.

DaBoss

Very interesting set of characters. I hope you guys have fun
and post spoilers so I can read them and get a grasp on the story and characters.

Nice and informative OT.

oh man oh man, got my order placed and i guess soon i'll find out whether or not importing was the right decision

should be interesting, to say the least

Just as I'm liberated from DR1&2 spoilers, a new game descends upon us.

Been pondering if I should embrace the spoilers, or go into hiding until it gets localized/translated.

Also nice OT.

Steel

Banned
I didn't know that the main character in this was Makoto's sister. And the description of the actual gameplay sounds pretty out there, I'm interested.

The small grace period of post-DR2 and pre-AE is coming to an end... Us English plebes must now retreat from all the spoiler despair once again...

I hope NISA announces this post-haste. I NEED IT.

Huh? What? Erm? Por qué?!?!? O_O

Trigger

I'm eager for spoilers mostly for more info on the world itself. There's lots of room for interesting stories in the DR universe.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
So, I see Danganronpa 2 cast... will they be enemies in this game, considering the story of DR2?

Alfredo

I'm sure this will deliver a good story, but I hope this is also a competent action game. I'm totally into weird Japanese takes on shooters. I mean, I'm not expecting anything on the level of complexity of Resident Evil 6, but that'd be kinda cool.

Did they ever share plans for DLCs for this game?

I really want to get it in Japanese but if there are DLCs at some point, I wouldn't be able to use it on my Vita, and I don't want that.

Of course, going by DR1 and 2, I can guess they won't go down the DLC route but you never know.

Yasumi

Banned
So, I see Danganronpa 2 cast... will they be enemies in this game, considering the story of DR2?
The only one confirmed so far is Servant/Komaeda, and he seems to be on the side of the resistance. Kind of expecting he'll betray them eventually. The rest are just really convincing fan art.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The only one confirmed so far is Servant/Komaeda, and he seems to be on the side of the resistance. Kind of expecting he'll betray them eventually. The rest are just really convincing fan art.

Good he's in there, since he was my favourite character of DR2 :).

apricot

I'm in! After finishing DR2 I just had to order to get more Danganronpa in my life >_>

Preordered from CDJapan... Hope I get the Monokuma phone stand!

Did they ever share plans for DLCs for this game?

I really want to get it in Japanese but if there are DLCs at some point, I wouldn't be able to use it on my Vita, and I don't want that.

Of course, going by DR1 and 2, I can guess they won't go down the DLC route but you never know.

The only type of DLC I can ever see happening for this game would be costumes.

Highly doubtful they would do something like additional story content as DLC.

I haven't seen any news about DLC for this game and considering there wasn't even the dreaded pre-order DLC, I doubt they'll release any.

Can't wait! I ordered the Famitsu DX pack for the game, so it should be here by Friday, but... I promised a friend that I would let her sit through the unboxing with me at our anime convention next week, Oct. 3rd.... Hnnnnnnnnngh, that's gonna be a looooong wait...

Dominator

Not reading a single response as I'm only on Chapter 5 in DR2, but did it sell well in NA for this to come over? I'm hoping it had similar success like the first game.

Yasumi

Banned
Still not up on JP PSN, it looks like?
Should be up around noonish EST tomorrow.
Not reading a single response as I'm only on Chapter 5 in DR2, but did it sell well in NA for this to come over? I'm hoping it had similar success like the first game.
Danganronpa's one of NISA's most successful series in a while, so chances are good that it'll happen eventually.

GSR

Should be up around noonish EST tomorrow.

Really? Ouch. I thought it was going up late today.

Ironically, I'm so used to easy digital stuff on my 3DS that I went to the trouble of setting up a JP PSN account and switching memory cards... and then I found out I couldn't use American credit cards, so without really thinking about it I bought some PSN codes... and now I realize it would've been cheaper (and possibly just as fast) to order a physical copy with courier shipping.

Granted, I got more PSN points than needed for the game, since they come in fixed amounts, but still. Talk about overfocusing on one possible solution to a problem.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
My copy seems to be in the packing stage. TBH I'll be playing Dungeon Travelers 2 first though (`ω´)

Really? Ouch. I thought it was going up late today.
In my experience the store update usually happens within a few hours from now

Top Bottom