• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa: Another Episode Import OT | *Unmarked DR 1 and 2 Spoilers*

apricot

omg that Nagito screenshot, I'm dying

not gonna lie though, a liiiittle bit nervous by the fact that some of these new screens make it look more fanservice-y than the first two games, but I'm going to trust that they're not taking it in a weird direction (not like the series isn't already super weird lol)

I kinda hope this is bad so I don't care about spoiling myself. If impressions are good i'm gonna have to go on blackout and hope it's announced for US :(

Yasumi

Banned
Store is updated by the way, it's up via search

Edit - and now in the new arrivals contents tab
15160496368_5c5191d134_o.jpg

GSR

Download's gonna take a few hours. This is why I was hoping for a midnight release, haha.

Still, should be able to get a good hour or so in before bed.

Yasumi

Banned
I kinda hope this is bad so I don't care about spoiling myself. If impressions are good i'm gonna have to go on blackout and hope it's announced for US :(
Ryouga mentioned on Twitter that it runs well so far and seems like it may turn out legitimately great. Better get that bunker ready.

Love the UI so far.

tumblr_ncftg5bPo11qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncftg5bPo11qlzy1qo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncftg5bPo11qlzy1qo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncftg5bPo11qlzy1qo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ncftg5bPo11qlzy1qo5_1280.jpg

And my personal fav:
tumblr_ncfu5khQxZ1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg

All from the first 30 minutes. No spoilers here.

So far the game has been fully voice acted. Feels as lunatic as every other DR piece of media. Really feeling good about this one.

GSR

Only a very little ways in, but small thing I already love: several of the series songs got full remixes this time instead of the minor rearrangements they had in DR2.

GSR

Any really rad new songs?

Nothing new's tremendously caught my ear thus far, but I've only played through the prologue.

Also, fantastic moment from the prologue:
having Komaeda's first few lines be the same as in DR2. Legit shuddered at that.

Nothing new's tremendously caught my ear thus far, but I've only played through the prologue.

Also, fantastic moment from the prologue:
having Komaeda's first few lines be the same as in DR2. Legit shuddered at that.

Love love loved that moment. Didn't feel forced at all.

I really hope people already playing this will confirm (or not) the story is as good as a "normal" Danganronpa.

Of course, no spoilers but that's really the only thing I'm interested in, even if the gameplay isn't as good as it can be (I'm sure it's going to be fine though).

So yeah, as soon as you have a grasp on the scenario's story, please tell us if it's awesome or not.

On my end, I should try and ask on twitter if they have plans for DLCs or not...and if not, I'll most likely import it soon-ish.

Nachos

Early Another Episode spoilers:

http://
misatogori.tumblr
.com

Formatting it like this so that no one accidentally clicks the link.

Kysen

Just going through the opening and so far this is above my expectations. Lots of animated cutscenes and the scene in pork restaurant was hilarious. Calling the police like that and then...

Zephyx

misatogori.tumblr
.com

Have a question but not really a spoiler:
What should I expect when I open this page? Something shocking?

Yasumi

Banned
Have a question but not really a spoiler:
What should I expect when I open this page? Something shocking?
If you're trying to avoid spoilers, I wouldn't click on it.
There are a couple of character deaths in there.

There are already a few pics floating around. Nothing too spoilerish if you've been following the trailers, all early stuff. I've tossed some in an imgur album. http://imgur.com/a/m5TaW
Oh, so that explains the guy that looks like
Chihiro
. Thanks for the pictures. It is a shame that I have zero understanding of Japanese because I really want to play this. Hopefully a localization is announced for 2014.

misatogori.tumblr
.com

Wow,
They had the balls to do kid executions

Nachos

Oh crap, they are actually going forward with kids executions? Amazing.
Wow,
They had the balls to do kid executions

Not quite. (EARLY SPOILERS)
The hero kid just got snatched away by Junko's despair goons without much getting shown. There's definitely some implications for his fate, but nothing graphic is shown.

For clarification about one of those series of pictures (MORE EARLY SPOILERS),
the pictures involving Aoi's brother show his wrist-mounted bomb blowing up. This happens about two hours into the game, apparently.

There are also some 2ch rumors floating around about the ending. I won't say what it is, since there isn't any confirmation, but I'm hoping it's not true since it sounds pretty disappointing.

Not quite. (EARLY SPOILERS)
The hero kid just got snatched away by Junko's despair goons without much getting shown. There's definitely some implications for his fate, but nothing graphic is shown.

For clarification about one of those series of pictures (MORE EARLY SPOILERS),
the pictures involving Aoi's brother show his wrist-mounted bomb blowing up.

There are also some 2ch rumors floating around about the ending. I won't say what it is, since there isn't any confirmation, but I'm hoping it's not true since it sounds pretty disappointing.

It is interesting the other kids were holding a memorial for him though. It definitely is feeling we're gonna get some characterization of these kids at the very least.

NotLiquid

I accidentally read what the supposed ending was on /vg/'s general thread and wow, yeah I don't like this. At all. I hope it's not true, I'm pretty disappointed with the game if this is all it amounts to.

Nachos

This isn't much of a spoiler, but my God, some of these new Monokuma designs are amazing:
i.imgur.com/OLVMLTx.jpg

Speaking of Monokumas, though (I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THIS HAPPENS, SO THIS COULD BE A BIG SPOILER)
i.imgur.com/o1zk0ky.jpg

This isn't much of a spoiler, but my God, some of these new Monokuma designs are amazing:
i.imgur.com/OLVMLTx.jpg

Speaking of Monokumas, though (I HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THIS HAPPENS, SO THIS COULD BE A BIG SPOILER)
i.imgur.com/o1zk0ky.jpg

I love all these new Monokumas.

Also, the specho haircuts ones were revealed in a Famitsu article last month or something, so nothing new. Just as amazing though.

Crack Theory: All those that died in Danganronpa 1 had their mind or whatever uploaded into Monokumas spares and you'll save them and put them back in their real bodies.

Nachos

Also, the specho haircuts ones were revealed in a Famitsu article last month or something, so nothing new. Just as amazing though.

Crack Theory: All those that died in Danganronpa 1 had their mind or whatever uploaded into Monokumas spares and you'll save them and put them back in their real bodies.

Even if they had their minds downloaded prior to being killed, they don't have anything to be uploaded into, though, right?

Pics_nao

Mukurokuma? Eh. I'll take it

Against better judgement I watched a bit of a stream of AE, managed to avoid any spoilers but damn I wish I hadn't now because I really like what I saw. They've done a nice job translating the 2.5D artstyle into 3D, the music is as good as ever and the gameplay looks interesting.

Please hurry up and localise it NISA, I don't want to wait a year to play this ;_;

Top Bottom