• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Just finished chapter one (of D1).
Hey, It actually turned out diffrently than I thought it would!
It kinda looked like a suicide to me.

Without too much spoilers, how different the outcome of the first case can be on another playthrough?

I mostly mean
death of Junko. Is there a way to prevent it?

No difference. It's a completely linear game with a set outcome. There's only one part with a choice that affects anything, which does nothing more than give you a 5 minute diversion before sending you back if you choose wrong.

Watched through the show to recap the first game and read Zero before finally starting up DR2. I really wish this game were more messed up, which I guess is a psychotic thing to say lol. It takes this real dire situation and does just about everything possible to keep things light, it's a little frustrating. Hope that things get more real in 2...

Watched through the show to recap the first game and read Zero before finally starting up DR2. I really wish this game were more messed up, which I guess is a psychotic thing to say lol. It takes this real dire situation and does just about everything possible to keep things light, it's a little frustrating. Hope that things get more real in 2...

DR2 is indeed more fucked up, both overtly and by implication. Supposedly Another Episode is even more fucked up than that.

flyover

Finally playing through this (thanks to PSTV). Just finished Chapter 3, and it is great, so far.

I don't even mind if it's not always tough to guess who did it. It's fun to speculate how and why, as well -- even if I'm totally wrong. Maybe especially when I'm wrong!

For example, in Chapter 3, it seemed a good bet that
***Celeste***
was the culprit. But I had convinced myself that
she really had made peace with living at the school forever. I guessed that she had incurred some huge gambling debt, and there was a price on her head, so the school was actually the safest place for her. When Monokuma offered up $10 million, she saw a way to pay off her exorbitant debt. That's when she decided she wanted out and put her plan into motion.

But I guess that
filling a castle with cute vampire boys is a good reason, too!

I had also thought that
***Hifumi***
mentioning
***Yasuhiro***
was actually
his memories coming back to him from whatever happened to us after we arrived at the school and before we woke up for the events of the game. I thought he was pointing out that, while Yasuhiro wasn't the murderer for this particular case, he had some responsibility for whatever has happened to us and was probably the spy.

Top Bottom