• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

ok the npc phantoms in dlc 3 are hilarious

From knocked it out of the park with the NPC phantoms. Even Jester was hilarious. Love that they all had personalities and used various mechanics and even gestures. The
white npc
troll was great. I almost fell for it but I learned my lesson to tap R3 when meeting any phantom due to the
White ring
trolling some players do.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm not so sure how i feel about the final boss

looks like a fun fight but that whole arena thing is a total drag to go through every time, even with all the knights

edit: also just heard that hellkite drake shut down his youtube page. that's really sad, hope the dude's alright :/

hmm not so sure how i feel about the final boss

looks like a fun fight but that whole arena thing is a total drag to go through every time, even with all the knights

edit: also just heard that hellkite drake shut down his youtube page. that's really sad, hope the dude's alright :/

I thought the arena fight and build up was one of the coolest things they have done in a souls game. It is the closest thing to a raiding party the game has ever achieved. Just a small twist to the formula to make it an epic fight (clunky AI notwithstanding), but I can see how some folks may not like it since Souls has never been a game like that . Different strokes...

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought the arena fight and build up was one of the coolest things they have done in a souls game. It is the closest thing to a raiding party the game has ever achieved. Just a small twist to the formula to make it an epic fight (clunky AI notwithstanding), but I can see how some folks may not like it since Souls has never been a game like that . Different strokes...

yeah i mean it was really cool the first time but at try number 3 it's not much fun or exciting anymore

at least it's better than the run to ser alonne lol

I'm getting better at curved sword parries! After a quick inspection I found that this guy was not a true MLG Dark Souls player:

http://a.pomf.se/ejckwk.webm

I see nothing but Sunlight Blade or Dark Weapon combined with Sacred Oath on the Iron Keep bridge. Fortunately it's counterable, unlike some of the other broken shit we've dealt with in the past. Havelyns, Helixodon Havels, insta-parry MonScim, Mundane backstab fishers, buff stacking... The game is gradually getting a bit more balanced.

I'm still upset over the golf swing, though.

ilium

Tried out a new fashion souls build with benharts armor, gyrm axe & sun sword but i just can't get any Hits with the axe in pvp, and the moveset isn't all that good sadly ._.

So back to SCH...

But i dig the sunsword for my offhand weapon. Does more damage than my reskinned longsword. Also tried the estoc but i'm not a big fan of the thrust moveset. And the red Rust sword is too slow so i guess i'll keep the sunsword.

Have also been trying to get the drakekeepers great Hammer again but that thing just won't drop. Droprate must be something like 0,0001% or so :<

Mistel

Banned
Tried out a new fashion souls build with benharts armor, gyrm axe & sun sword but i just can't get any Hits with the axe in pvp, and the moveset isn't all t.

Have also been trying to get the drakekeepers great Hammer again but that thing just won't drop. Droprate must be something like 0,0001% or so :<
Gyrm axe really benefits from being two handed so you can make use of the more suitible moveset instead of single handed. It's a bit of double edged sword as it's quite short. That's why the gyrm greataxe is probably more suitable as it's not exactly easy to miss with that.

The hammer drop rate isn't that low just few enemies have it to actually drop it like 4 in the whole game.

ilium

Gyrm axe really benefits from being two handed so you can make use of the more suitible moveset instead of single handed. It's a bit of double edged sword as it's quite short. That's why the gyrm greataxe is probably more suitable as it's not exactly easy to miss with that.

The hammer drop rate isn't that low just few enemies have it to actually drop it like 4 in the whole game.

4 enemies?? I counted 2 at the dragon shrine. Are there more somewhere?

OK, I'm done...

I'll just kill her >:0

You heartless Monster! DDD:

NEO0MJ

I wonder why they made the Loyce set only heal if you're female, seems pretty stupid. The armor covers the whole body so you even notice if the player is female and it's not like it's hard to switch gender.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I wonder why they made the Loyce set only heal if you're female, seems pretty stupid. The armor covers the whole body so you even notice if the player is female and it's not like it's hard to switch gender.

Why does that matter? Maybe it says something about the knights.

NEO0MJ

Why does that matter? Maybe it says something about the knights.

That's what I expect, but still, if my character was male I'd hate to hate to travel to the tomb in order to change gender whenever I wear/remove that armor. I'm just reminded how in Demons Souls some armors were gender locked.

Also killing her also locks you out of the Ivory King set I'm pretty sure. So two armor sets and you are a dick.

Apparently you just need to have her soul for the Ivory King set to be purchasable so you can just kill her for it. You'll be locked out of the awesome Loyce set, though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That's what I expect, but still, if my character was male I'd hate to hate to travel to the tomb in order to change gender whenever I wear/remove that armor. I'm just reminded how in Demons Souls some armors were gender locked.

Maybe if the set worked like the butcher's knife I could see it. But it has the ring of the evil eye effect which at that point in the game is kinda worthless (RotEE is always worthless).

Ruuppa

You are missing killing the armorer for his set to get more souls.

Call me softhearted, or stupid, whichever is fine, but I never have the heart to kill most NPCs. I could speed the run up a bit by killing both Maughlin and Licia, but.. Well, maybe on my next run. All these failed runs are making me jaded.
I killed her after getting her soul. For whatever reason past me thought she was skimping out on me and had another soul, and I wanted it!

Ha, that reminds me of Kangaxx from Baldur's Gate 2.

Wow, I found the god of latency. He took zero damage the entire fight despite me "landing" numerous backstabs, hits and a cast of Outcry, then suddenly I take a billion damage out of nowhere and die. He then proceeds to backstab the air another five times, swing his sword around a lot, and then just stood there for a whopping four minutes until it finally went to the loading screen!

The lag in this game is truly something else.

Smh.

There has to be a way to farm the Loyce souls easily.

so far I got 16, but the knights are no longer respawning at the Old Chaos, so my only option now is on summons.
I became a Sun Bro again and I get a summoned more often. I'm using my normal set, plus Jester gloves and Serpent Ring +1 to get more souls... but man, this is going to take a while.
Currently i'm on NG, level 216 and 6.5M soul memory.

Ruuppa

Smh.

so far I got 16, but the knights are no longer respawning at the Old Chaos, so my only option now is on summons.
I became a Sun Bro again and I get a summoned more often. I'm using my normal set, plus Jester gloves and Serpent Ring +1 to get more souls... but man, this is going to take a while.

There is an easy way. A super easy way, really. That way also allows you to get every item in the game without farming. I'm not even going to judge people who use that way, since farming quickly gets old and is obnoxious.

neoism

ok how do I despawn these fucking horses lol do I have to kill like 3 or 4 then feather out to a bonfire or does it like cancel out the ones I killed if I die???

Mistel

Banned
ok how do I despawn these fucking horses lol do I have to kill like 3 or 4 then feather out to a bonfire or does it like cancel out the ones I killed if I die???
The ones in the blizzard? If it's those just kill'em ~ 15-20 times. The way they spawn means that you can do it in one run if you want. Nothing cancels out if you die no normal enemy does.

neoism

The ones in the blizzard? If it's those just kill'em ~ 15-20 times. The way they spawn means that you can do it in one run if you want. Nothing cancels out if you die no normal enemy does.
ty storm <3
man I have to be getting close :/ also why are the npc summons not their :( they showed up once but that's it

ty storm <3
man I have to be getting close :/ also why are the npc summons not their :( they showed up once but that's it

There are a couple of non-human NPCs that you can summon just a bit behind where you spawn at the storm, just wait for the storm to slow down and behind you there will be a familiar structure.

neoism

There are a couple of non-human NPCs that you can summon just a bit behind where you spawn at the storm, just wait for the storm to slow down and behind you there will be a familiar structure.
I thought two of them was at the weird statute things right as you get out the coffin

also WTF IVe killed like 20+ raindeer and unless each ruin (3) is like a different area with 15-20 spawns I'm not sure :( I literally killed over 20 without a death and at least 30 in between a few deaths. When two come together :( I'm fucked red iron twin blade owns them though but still

rageface I wants to despawn these fuckers

Wow, I found the god of latency. He took zero damage the entire fight despite me "landing" numerous backstabs, hits and a cast of Outcry, then suddenly I take a billion damage out of nowhere and die. He then proceeds to backstab the air another five times, swing his sword around a lot, and then just stood there for a whopping four minutes until it finally went to the loading screen!

The lag in this game is truly something else.

Did you record it? That sound obnoxious. I can see how that would get annoying, it gets really annoying when someone summons you and their internet is so bad that the boss suddenly losses 60% of their health in a second.

Wait, what? There's 2 more NPC summon signs? Where?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Smh.

You should also wear prisoner tatters and do you mean the Jester Cap? Also ascetic the belfry luna bonfire and kill the gargoyles to get the +2 Gold Ring.

neoism

VWyDx5O.jpg
what sword is this?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cannon Goose, what kind of graphics mod is that?

Rich!

doh. I should have started the dlc before moving onto NG+1

I've just got to the interior part of sunken king, with the ghosts, and I'm being totally fucking slaughtered. I'm at a really high level, decent magic build, upgraded as much as I can be. hm

Top Bottom