• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

More DLC would definitely make the crowns useful for more than just PVP
since the anti-hollowing effect doesn't carry over to the next NG cycle

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I looked a bit more and it seems the other 3 DLC's had "testdlc#" entries as well, a couple of days before they hit. Oh my god is this happening? Alternate ending pls

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Want. But no recycled assets please, please, please!

Yup.

You'll get to enjoy exotic places such as Volanic Shulva! Wintery Iron Kingdom and poison rain in Eleum Loyce

So this was added recently?

More DLC would be weird with Bloodbourne out so soon

Yeah, it actually says how old the entry is and it was added just 23 hours ago. I wonder if it'll require a new season pass, since they made it a point that the first one was for the Crowns Trilogy

Easy_D

never left the stone age
We get to fight Omega Vendrick? A reskin of Gwyn? Gwyndolin paired with Smough?

Maybe False King Allant, I mean they were gonna put a reskin of him in Dark Souls already.

My money is on Omega Manus though. Or Emerald Harold. Shit, From/Namco is on a roll, announcing Dark Souls is finally abandoning GFWL in favour of Steamworks and now the likelihood of more DLC!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Maybe False King Allant, I mean they were gonna put a reskin of him in Dark Souls already.

My money is on Omega Manus though. Or Emerald Harold. Shit, From/Namco is on a roll, announcing Dark Souls is finally abandoning GFWL in favour of Steamworks and now the likelihood of more DLC!

Not Emerald Harold. Plz no.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Not Emerald Harold. Plz no.

Yes Emerald Harold.

Oh yes.

rDMai3V.jpg

Emerald Harold is Love.
Emerald Harold is Life.

* Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Gorillaz

Probably asked a 1000000000000000 times but what is the overall feeling of the 3 DLC? one better then the other? one worth skipping?

Probably asked a 1000000000000000 times but what is the overall feeling of the 3 DLC? one better then the other? one worth skipping?

It's great! I'd say it's on par with Crown the Old Iron King, and better than Crown of the Sunken King.

Negatives include having to do a TON of farming to get some specific optional items (but there's a twist to how the farming works that makes it kind of fun, IMO), and the optional "challenge" area and boss (think the Iron Passage and Blue Smelter in DLC2) is pretty bad. But it's optional, so no big sweat IMO.

Ruuppa

Sunken King: Puzzles and somewhat fun level-desing. Couple of interesting enemies, somewhat uninteresting bossfights which are fun nevertheless.
Iron King: Very, very vertical level-design, which is a nice change. Two of the most interesting bossbattles across all the DLC and the vanilla game, but also one of the worst bossfights in the optional area.
Ivory King: Amazing level aesthetic feel for the whole DLC, with nice level-design. Good bosses, with some gimmicks to them. Optional area boss is uninteresting but challenging. The optional area can be a horrible slog. Exploration of the areas is greatly rewarded.

They're all hands and feet ahead of the base game. I'd say from best to worst:
Ivory King >>> Iron King >>> Sunken King

Gorillaz

^hmmmm...sounds interesting more puzzle oriented huh
Best of the three for a majority.

It's great! I'd say it's on par with Crown the Old Iron King, and better than Crown of the Sunken King.

Negatives include having to do a TON of farming to get some specific optional items (but there's a twist to how the farming works that makes it kind of fun, IMO), and the optional "challenge" area and boss (think the Iron Passage and Blue Smelter in DLC2) is pretty bad. But it's optional, so no big sweat IMO.

I meant all 3 dlc parts not just DLC 3 :p...unless that was what you guys were talking about anyway

I havn't played in months but lately been having the craving to get back into it and thought the dlc. Just don't know if I wanna drop 30 bucks for each one like that I heard good things about the first one tho

I meant all 3 dlc parts not just DLC 3 :p...unless that was what you guys were talking about anyway

I havn't played in months but lately been having the craving to get back into it and thought the dlc. Just don't know if I wanna drop 30 bucks for each one like that I heard good things about the first one tho

Oooh, gotcha. Yeah, all 3 of the DLCs are great. Also, the season pass (that gets you all three) is $25.

Ruuppa

Nothing exceptional, just press button, receive answer. Some buttons are deviously hidden though. But there's no "match the color/shape" or "press the correct three levers in sequence" or anything like that.

Edit: One of the highlights in all of the DLCs are the NPCs, both Phantoms and Invaders. Their AI and mannerisms are so, SO much better than in the vanilla game.

Mistel

Banned
Personally I'd just get iron and ivory, sunken isn't all that great and you can get most of the decent equipment via the co-op area.

Gorillaz

I might grab the season pass since it's at least (in my mind) discounting the sunken DLC if it's meh.

Alright last (kinda) question cause I'm on mobile and this is horrible to type up on here. Is there a point to having all 3? I remember From said something secret happens or some shit when you have all 3 crowns or whatever.

I might grab the season pass since it's at least (in my mind) discounting the sunken DLC if it's meh.

Alright last (kinda) question cause I'm on mobile and this is horrible to type up on here. Is there a point to having all 3? I remember From said something secret happens or some shit when you have all 3 crowns or whatever.

There's a reward for getting all 3 crowns, but it's honestly not too great. (But kind of cool from a lore perspective.)

I'd still recommend all 3, the first is the worst, but still pretty damn good.

Ruuppa

You can power up the crowns when you have all of them. They make you immune to Curse, and stop you from turning Hollow after dying when worn. Other than that, you just get some flavor text from Vendrick.

It was disappointing, to be honest.

Mistel

Banned
Basically they prevent you from going hollow when you've got all 4 crowns so it's not much.

Gorillaz

alright yea I'll take the plunge
W68Ii.png

I might be the only one in this thread still asking shit since everyone is probably done with the DLCs at this point lol. Or at least "know" them. Might just use the character I have in New Game Plus for it unless you guys think I should use a new one instead. MIght make a new one anyway

thanks for the answers brehs

edit: season pass ain't up on PSN anymore....crying internally....

OMEGA SHENRON! Wait wrong universe...I'd be down to fight Vendrick in his prime. As a mindless hollow he can kick your ass so long as you don't
exploit that left leg weakness.
So him in his prime would be really interesting.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
DLC 4 to have three new bosses:
White Demon of Song, Red Twin Dragonriders, Purple Skeleton Lords

Mistel

Banned
OMEGA SHENRON! Wait wrong universe...I'd be down to fight Vendrick in his prime. As a mindless hollow he can kick your ass so long as you don't
exploit that left leg weakness.
So him in his prime would be really interesting.
I don't see how it would be much different than maybe him being less hollow.

SoldnerKei

just quick question since I haven't test it and my ps3 is at home lol

do the 4 crowns have the same powered up effect? I mean the
not going hollow thing
or just Vendrick's crown does that?

I'd love if they brought back Battle of Stoicism in the DLC but redone. Something like 6 people per room. One vs One with spectating(others players can battle among themselves. Winners stays loser move to back of the line. Based on level ranges not SM. No ugly blue or red skins.

I'd love if they brought back Battle of Stoicism in the DLC but redone. Something like 6 people per room. One vs One with spectating(others players can battle among themselves. Winners stays loser move to back of the line. Based on level ranges not SM. No ugly blue or red skins.

That would be great. And I think it could actually end up being popular in DS2, as opposed to being almost always dead in DS1.

That would be great. And I think it could actually end up being popular in DS2, as opposed to being almost always dead in DS1.

It really could. BoB Arena is so damn random. i never know what level i am playing against. hitting a naked guy for 500 and taking a tiny chunk of his health tells me he's not at 150.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dear Fume Knight

Fuck You.

Sincerely, Easy_D

Is it me or is his second phase actually easier? Attacks deal more damage sure, but they are easier to avoid since he only uses his big sword. I had like 5% of my health left when I got him to his second phase and I stayed alive for quite a bit.

NEO0MJ

Dear Fume Knight

Fuck You.

Sincerely, Easy_D

Is it me or is his second phase actually easier? Attacks deal more damage sure, but they are easier to avoid since he only uses his big sword. I had like 5% of my health left when I got him to his second phase and I stayed alive for quite a bit.

A lot of people feel that way, but for me I find his first phase easier. What worries me most about his second phase is how easy it is for him to kill me if I mess up, as all his attacks removed at least 2/3 of my health bar.

ElTopo

Banned
Dear Fume Knight

Fuck You.

Sincerely, Easy_D

The way I beat him is block his short sword with my Greatshield and dodge when he swings the giant sword.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The way I beat him is block his short sword with my Greatshield and dodge when he swings the giant sword.

But two strikes from his short sword stuns me and opens me up for a third swipe and then KABLAMMO with his big one. I've taken to dodge-rolling this mofo instead, one handing a blacksteel katana

Sammyzuko

Neo Member
You can power up the crowns when you have all of them. They make you immune to Curse, and stop you from turning Hollow after dying when worn. Other than that, you just get some flavor text from Vendrick.

It was disappointing, to be honest.

How do you power up the crowns?

Top Bottom