• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

2AdEPT

Somehow I like hard bosses though, the sense of accomplishment once you beat them, feels good man.

Can you roll through that slow fire swing he does?

many people find the fume knight a little on the cheap side, and most agree he is the toughest non-optional boss. At least once in this video I made he got me on the wonky hitboxes....but indeed you can roll through anything he does with enough I frames...I made sure this character had very high agility...110 iirc?

Just got myself a Black Dragon Sword. Should work nicely once fully upgraded.

It has no scaling at all, so upgrade it and then infuse it with Raw for a free damage boost. You can also put RoB+2 and Flynn's Ring on top of that and turn it into an absolute beast of a weapon.

---

I ran across a Healin' Havel™ today:

http://giant.gfycat.com/AnimatedIncompleteBlackwidowspider.webm

The problem is that Estus is basically free in PvP due to latency. Just a single roll or a tiny bit of movement away from the invader and you will get the heal every time. If backstabs were instantaneous like in DkS1 this would be less of an issue, but as it is it's quite hard to kill someone who is this eager to drain their flask. I did manage to beat them in the end but it took like 5 minutes and he drank 12 (!) flasks that I just could not stop. Looking back at the video, I was on top of him almost the entire time and did hit him as he was healing, but it just didn't matter.

many people find the fume knight a little on the cheap side, and most agree he is the toughest non-optional boss. At least once in this video I made he got me on the wonky hitboxes....but indeed you can roll through anything he does with enough I frames...I made sure this character had very high agility...110 iirc?

His first phase have the most problems due his insane hitboxes since you can easily forget the small blade and that thing can hit you even if you attack him from his back, stun you and proceeds to hit you with the big blade. Also you fight against two blades and wont let you hit him properly and burn so much stamina to reach him so heavy armor and shield players would have a hard time with him and I think thats the reason of being Hard because it punish tanky builds and with his heavy magic resist casters can range him properly

Second phase is easier since you have to focus in one blade but still have some horrible hitboxes and his wide main attack can hit you sometimes even when you do a perfect roll

sublimit

Banned
Hey guys i was wondering if my Soul Memory tier is good for (PS3) matchmaking?My current soul memory is 4.275.311.Should i start using the Agape ring?

GulAtiCa

Redid my stats so my equip load is like 60.2. So with Flynn ring I get an extra 49 damage. Sadly won't be under 30% much anymore. Also rocking a power stance Black Dragon Sword plus Varabgian Sword. Shut this does a good bit of damage.

Hey guys i was wondering if my Soul Memory tier is good for (PS3) matchmaking?My current soul memory is 4.275.311.Should i start using the Agape ring?
Are you in NG+ or above? If not you may be a little high. My current active character is at 3m and still in Greg game still sees plenty of action. So you might be fine currently. But overall NG+ will serve you better I think.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone see this? Patches invades Drangleic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tifUXcpesPU#t=64
Hahahaha, nice. I like how he says he didn't get any hatemail, only love mail. xD I guess that's people's reaction:
i-dont-know-what-i-expected.gif

sublimit

Banned
Are you in NG+ or above? If not you may be a little high. My current active character is at 3m and still in Greg game still sees plenty of action. So you might be fine currently. But overall NG+ will serve you better I think.

Thanks i'm actually at the start of NG+ and SL 174.So should i start using the ring?

strafer

so what is the exact time limit in the memories? I feel stressed when I have a time on my back, I wanna take my time and explore and look around.

I've got a character on PS3 with a couple hundred million SM and get summoned for co-op and invaded, I wouldn't bother with the ring tbh, it's really only for low level stuff.

GulAtiCa

I've got a character on PS3 with a couple hundred million SM and get summoned for co-op and invaded, I wouldn't bother with the ring tbh, it's really only for low level stuff.
I believe the soul memory limit is like 13 million. So everyone above is grouped together making it a very large and nice tier.

sublimit

Banned
If you feel comfortable at that level then sure.

In NG+ you souls be fine. Use the ring if you don't want to level up anymore or really need new items to buy.

Thanks guys,i think i will level up a bit more in order to get agility at 105 (currently 103) and get at least 1 spell slot (currently none :p) mostly for Flame Weapon.

Tarkus

Thanks guys,i think i will level up a bit more in order to get agility at 105 (currently 103) and get at least 1 spell slot (currently none :p) mostly for Flame Weapon.
If you just want 1 spell slot and don't want to pump attunement to 10, then try the Southern Ritual Band.

so what is the exact time limit in the memories? I feel stressed when I have a time on my back, I wanna take my time and explore and look around.

I think you get 3 notifications before kicking you out the memory, the only memory you will encounters problems is on the memory where you fight several pyro giants.

sublimit

Banned
If you just want 1 spell slot and don't want to pump attunement to 10, then try the Southern Ritual Band.

Yeah i was considering that too but i don't really want to "sacrifice" a ring slot just for one spell slot for my current build (i already use 2 slots for Royal Soldier Ring+1 and Third Dragon Ring)

Mistel

Banned
Yeah i was considering that too but i don't really want to "sacrifice" a ring slot just for one spell slot for my current build (i already use 2 slots for Royal Soldier Ring+1 and Third Dragon Ring)
If you want a slot with no stat investment just get the black witch hat from Navlaan.

GulAtiCa

Time for me to move onto NG+. Finished nearly all of game, got everything I needed.

I also finished 1st doc in full too. Man that area is tough. The queen boss and optional boss took me a few tries.

I don't have the other 2 dlc so I'll wait til PS4 version. Give me something new to look forward to.

Tarkus

Time for me to move onto NG+. Finished nearly all of game, got everything I needed.

I also finished 1st doc in full too. Man that area is tough. The queen boss and optional boss took me a few tries.

I don't have the other 2 dlc so I'll wait til PS4 version. Give me something new to look forward to.
Come enjoy some PvP madness on IK bridge.

GulAtiCa

Come enjoy some PvP madness on IK bridge.

Yeah, i've done some there. My PS3 is upstairs away from my router, so wifi only. So I do get some lag with PvP at times. Plus I want to move on to NG+ anyways so I can get more items that are only in NG+ (and some only in NG++) as well as more people will likely be in NG+ I bet. Esp as I like to co-op. People will be at different rates, so much easier to do help people with co-op nearly anywhere. Not to mention Only in NG+ and above can I buy unlimited cracked red eye orbs so I can be evil and invade people!

I tend to do better in invasions/being invaded then PvP duels interesting enough.

GulAtiCa

Are the PS3 servers offline? Can't seem to place down summon sign.. Just entered NG+ and keep getting "Failed to create summon sign." Error. Going back to main menu doesn't help and get no errors of server being down. Hmm

Edit: works now. Whatever the issue was, fixed now luckily

Trakan

Are the PS3 servers offline? Can't seem to place down summon sign.. Just entered NG+ and keep getting "Failed to create summon sign." Error. Going back to main menu doesn't help and get no errors of server being down. Hmm

Edit: works now. Whatever the issue was, fixed now luckily

In the future, rebooting the PS3 always solved that problem for me. I couldn't fix it any other way.

GulAtiCa

Looking through the Rings list. Kinda surprised there isn't any ring that raised Stamina/Endurance by itself. I mean, you have Third Dragon Ring which increases Health, Stamina & equip load. With both Health & Equip load having their own rings, but nothing for Stamina. Would be nice to use another ring to increase Stamina.

I got invaded by a blue blue sentinels last night that had one of those invisible rings. I was impressed. I just nearly beat him too.

FYI: Watch it in Chrome to see it in 60fps. Looks great for the Console version.

And look, Heide Knights in Heide. Imagine that.

At least the heide knights are not red phantoms, I think bradley is a new summon? so maybe the new npcs are new summons, Can wait to see a summon in the beginning of Amana

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I plan to start over again too. I will likely stop playing the PS3 version by time Bloodborne comes out. Still have 2 DLC to look forward to that I haven't gotten to yet. That and new stuff in the PS4 version.

Not sure what path I will take with new character for PS4. My current build is a Duel Longsword build (Fire Black Dragon Sword + Fire (maybe Poison later) Varangian Sword) with Pyro special build.

Might do that again. Or perhaps go with miracle/lightning build just like my original 1st build.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Ah! Ahhh! YES! Finally, I was able to witness Sir Alonne's sepukku animation first-hand. You were the dominant fighter in the first forty-seven duels, good warrior, but the forty-eighth proved to be your undoing. Now I can consider myself worthy enough to don your armor.

On an unrelated note, ha! So you can in fact plunge to your death when crossing the bridge to Dragon Shrine like in the reveal trailers. That was an unexpected surprise.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Ah! Ahhh! YES! Finally, I was able to witness Sir Alonne's sepukku animation first-hand. You were the dominant fighter in the first forty-seven duels, good warrior, but the forty-eighth proved to be your undoing. Now I can consider myself worthy enough to don your armor.

On an unrelated note, ha! So you can in fact plunge to your death when crossing the bridge to Dragon Shrine like in the reveal trailers. That was an unexpected surprise.

I dread the falling animation, especially the collision mid air to change the animation from falling to collide_fallen_falling_again.

nah one of the mean reason im not buying it Scholar wont work with any DX9 saves :(

Bleh, no interest then. I don't want to start all over. My character has damn near everything.

I haven't played the game in ages and will probably stay that way. Looking to Bloodborne now.

GulAtiCa

You invaders are so funny! Trying to invade my world and kill me. That's cute. Just as cute as your guts on the ground now. I find it funny that when it comes to being invaded/invading others, my kill/death ratio is pretty high. Like 90% wins. Like opposite for duels oddly enough haha.

I had 2 people invade me yesterday in NG+. Actually 4 total, but 1st 2 was while I was trying to take on the 1st Lost Bastille boss. But was having none of that and entered the boss.

Afterwards, I got invaded by a Blue Sentinel while at bottom of Sinner's Rise. I went up to the top to have a better fight and waited. This invaded failed my 2 important rules of invading. Never play the enemy game, which he did several times as I would go up and down the stairs and lead him into an ambush each time. And never, ever, let the enemy heal. Which he failed several times.

Next I got invaded in Huntsman's Copse by a guy wearing that DLC ring that makes you appear human/non-phantom/etc. Was dressed as the enemies in the region. Confused me for a little bit, but I eventually killed him. Good strategy though. Only downside really is that your PSN/etc name appears over your head always. If it didn't, it would have been much easier for the guy to sneak up on me or damage me from afar.

I love being a sinner and being constantly invaded. :D

Tarkus

I have a question. Regardless of soul memory, do you invade/summon based off of NG status? From what I've been reading, that seems to be the case. I have just one build and have never actually finished the story. PvP to me is like crack.

If that's the case, would I get more red summon action if I advanced into NG+? I'm a 7-9 million tier and get summoned quite frequently but I would like more of a challenge. Also, I plan on shutting down with the Agape Ring before I get into the wide range SM tier.

I have a question. Regardless of soul memory, do you invade/summon based off of NG status? From what I've been reading, that seems to be the case. I have just one build and have never actually finished the story. PvP to me is like crack.

If that's the case, would I get more red summon action if I advanced into NG+? I'm a 7-9 million tier and get summoned quite frequently but I would like more of a challenge. Also, I plan on shutting down with the Agape Ring before I get into the wide range SM tier.

The most recent patch merged NG+ and beyond matchmaking with regular NG, so you don't have to go into NG+ to continue PvP.

Costa

Neo Member
Can't wait to transfer my Xbox 360 save character to my Xbox 1, just like I did in Diablo 3 and destiny. I know the from software company isn't dumb and is allowing us to transfer our characters we worked hard on

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can't wait to transfer my Xbox 360 save character to my Xbox 1, just like I did in Diablo 3 and destiny. I know the from software company isn't dumb and is allowing us to transfer our characters we worked hard on

Holy shit, that's like your 10th post about this, give it a rest?!

Top Bottom