• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

ManaByte

Gold Member
The attacker is probably an Era mod
I think I know which one.

furrie i sit on you GIF by beeeky

ManaByte

Gold Member

Isaiah Lee, 23, was carrying a replica gun with a knife blade inside when he attacked Chappelle during the Hollywood Bowl. The comedian was performing as part of the "Netflix is a Joke" tour.

belmarduk

Absolutely fucking disgusting.
Not being able to take a joke is a grievous character flaw.

If this individual was a transgender rights advocate its doubly disgusting since their whole rationale was that Chapelle's jokes were responsible for violence against transgender people.

Make no mistake, this will backfire against them tremendously.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Absolutely fucking disgusting.
Not being able to take a joke is a grievous character flaw.

If this individual was a transgender rights advocate its doubly disgusting since their whole rationale was that Chapelle's jokes were responsible for violence against transgender people.

Make no mistake, this will backfire against them tremendously.
Nah he’ll be a martyr for the cause.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

They like to constantly increase or change the scope of words to fit their radical agenda.

It’s so fucking stupid. Words can be extremely harmful, but any sensible conversation over the damage they can cause is rendered utterly farcical the second someone claims that what people say can be categorised as violence.

If someone ever tries this on Rogan he’s gonna roundhouse them off the stage
I think I read somewhere that Rogan has one of records (maybe THE record) for "most powerful kick." Rogan has talked on his podcast multiple times about how one of the reasons why he quit his martial arts career was because he knocked this one dude out in a Taekwondo tournament and thought he killed him.

So yeah, anybody trying shit on Rogan is gonna eat dirt.

Elginer

Whatever the hell happened to sticks and stones (also an ass stomping) may break my bones but names will never hurt me?

Those people at Era are insane man.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Goddamn Era, its like a cult there. WTF are they smoking.
I actually was pleased to notice some resistance to the way this was being handled on Era. Most users in their Depp vs Heard thread were revolting at the mods for their obvious double-standards.

Even then, it's pretty confusing to see people say "Wow, I'm disappointed in this place for the double-standards". Like, dog, what is there to be surprised by? If you've had enough time to form an opinion of the temperature at Era, you should have known pretty quickly that the double-standards are everywhere.
I suppose some individuals need an issue to actually hit close to home for them, in order for their eyes to be opened. Just a guess.

Guys, let's not give them any attention for this topic.

(Although I did enjoy when we had a dedicated thread to them, almost like our own version of "Libs of Tik Tok" 😂)

Anyway, on topic: many comedians
-- Rogan, Chappelle himself, Bill Burr, many others -- had already lamented how comedy was under philosophical assault due to the current social climate. Now it's under literal (physical) assault.

Oh look at the deluded cunts at Retardera:

All rejoicing at the fact Chapelle was attacked because they can't take a joke.

edit: Lmao, Chapelle spitting fire
"It was a trans man"

You go Dave!

So the mods decided to lock the thread because:
This thread has generated a lot of reports and doesn't seem to offer much in way of constructive discussion. It will likely remain locked once we trawl through all the reports.

The real reason is because they hate Dave so much it pains them to allow talk about him being wronged and the victim of violence. Yet they will allow other rage threads with repetitive drive by posts like "Fuck ______"
whenever it fits their agenda, and ban anyone with a brain.

Tieno

good security for Dave Chappelle, hope Dave is ok. You physically attack someone on stage or anywhere for making jokes, you shouldn't expect to be treated like a delicate sunflower.

Last edited:

Billbofet

The Chris Rock joke is funny, but had this been Will Smith, he could have sat back down after the assault and then been given an award five minutes later.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
You're surprised that someone who makes money by talking shit about people can be attacked?

I like Dave Chappelle and don't even know what this was about, just think this "he's a comedian so he can say whatever he wants without having to stand up for it" reasoning is silly.

That line of thinking is better suited here:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
RE is crazy, not sure why people are surprised by anything they think over there.

Everything is violence, except actual violence. That's acceptable. This is precisely why they use hyperbole to label anything that hurts someone's feelings. They want to justify sociopathic behavior so they can commit violence on people they don't like with impunity.

Top Bottom