• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Chappelle attacked on stage during a comedy performance. He's ok, suspect was detained by security

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
zdIr5Nx.jpg

Ice Cream Tongue GIF

Soodanim

You're surprised that someone who makes money by talking shit about people can be attacked?

I like Dave Chappelle and don't even know what this was about, just think this "he's a comedian so he can say whatever he wants without having to stand up for it" reasoning is silly.
If you don't like what a comedian says, you can always leave. It's optional entertainment. He's telling jokes for an audience of laughing people, not calling your mum a cunt to her face and threatening her in front of you.

mxbison

If you don't like what a comedian says, you can always leave. It's optional entertainment. He's telling jokes for an audience of laughing people, not calling your mum a cunt to her face and threatening her in front of you.

Sure, just saying it doesn't come as a huge surprise to me that someone who constantly talks shit about people gets attacked.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Sure, just saying it doesn't come as a huge surprise to me that someone who constantly talks shit about people gets attacked.
Have you ever been to a comedy show? You really have to go out of your way to wind up in this situation. It's not like they're super, super common. You have to pay a lot for Chappelle in particular. Then go inside, sit down, and get offended when he says something edgey? It's weird. I think I saw cheap tickets for this tour were like $150 and I noped out.

Mistake

I never saw him talk shit. You ever see bill burr telling a whole theater to get fucked? Now that was talking shit

mxbison

Have you ever been to a comedy show? You really have to go out of your way to wind up in this situation. It's not like they're super, super common. You have to pay a lot for Chappelle in particular. Then go inside, sit down, and get offended when he says something edgey? It's weird. I think I saw cheap tickets for this tour were like $150 and I noped out.

I never saw him talk shit. You ever see bill burr telling a whole theater to get fucked? Now that was talking shit

I like Dave Chappelle and wasn't talking about him in particular.

Just said I think the "He's a comedian so it doesn't count." argument isn't right.

LoneWolf&Subs

Neo Member
Reading the resetera thread is a dumpster fire. Any rational person see this and thinks this is completely irrational and unacceptable behavior.

But you see over there it's like they've lost their humanity. A significant portion are glad it happened or think it's deserved.

One person even saying transphobia is violence. If that is thier belief then of course physical violence is appropriate retaliation. It's so backwards the way they rationalize things.
Yeah, the new talking point in that thread is “words are violence”. Holy shit, the political rhetoric in this country is going to shit. I can understand inciting violence through speech should be clamped down on, but Dave hasn’t provoked that kind of response from his fans.

Boss Mog

I doubt you'll find many fans of "words are violence" here, but feel free to go preach it to the asylum; it's their mantra after all.

I dont know what actuallly happened there but i hope everyone is ok
I can take a guess. Someone was offended by something a comedian said, most likely because they were conditioned to be offended and that violence is an acceptable solution.

Resetera should be on the FBI terrorist watch list for the radicalization efforts they put forth. MOBA network should be on the CIA terrorist watch list for funding them.

I love me some Dave Chappelle and I don't give a shit if he doesn't align with me politically in many issue.

I knew the Will Smith bullshit and the way a lot of people reacted would give people ideas that it's ok to attack comedians. How about we don't do that?

Last edited:

mxbison

I doubt you'll find many fans of "words are violence" here, but feel free to go preach it to the asylum; it's their mantra after all.

Lol why so upset?

I even said I like Dave Chappelle, guess you missed that part.

If I made fun of someone on the streets and he punched me I wouldn't be complaining about it. Being a comedian doesn't give you a free pass.

And the attacker wanted a fight and got his ass beat for it. All seems right to me.

Mistake

I like Dave Chappelle and wasn't talking about him in particular.

Just said I think the "He's a comedian so it doesn't count." argument isn't right.
Can’t have it both ways man. You should see what actors who play the bad guy have to go through. People can have any reason to not like somebody else.
Lol why so upset?

If I made fun of someone on the streets and he punched me I wouldn't be complaining about it. Being a comedian doesn't give you a free pass.

And the attacker wanted a fight and got his ass beat for it. All seems right to me.
Not on the street. There’s a difference

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
We should livestream a mandatory exercise routine for those wanting to go on Twitter and lecture others. At the very least, we will have a healthy insane society.

homer simpson his jiggling is almost hypnotic GIF

Oh look at the deluded cunts at Retardera:

All rejoicing at the fact Chapelle was attacked because they can't take a joke.

Holy shit, this is legitimately disturbing to read. They are literally encouraging and applauding violence against people they don't like. At this point if Chapelle got murdered they'd still turn around and call the murderer the victim. Absolute lunacy. These people are a danger to society and should be on the federal watchlist.

I will never understand how a group of people can go from "people should have equal rights and opportunities" to "anyone who says anything we don't like deserves to die".

Last edited:

Thaedolus

When I saw him a couple weeks ago he got pissed at his security because he caught an audience member recording him. It clearly pissed him off because he mentioned it a couple more times as he tried to finish the set, but the audience also sucked as far as hecklers go too. Really seemed to sour his mood and put a damper on the night, the whole show had been great up until then. Also it took me an hour to get out of parking…

Braag

Oh look at the deluded cunts at Retardera:

All rejoicing at the fact Chapelle was attacked because they can't take a joke.

edit: Lmao, Chapelle spitting fire
"It was a trans man"

You go Dave!
Went through some of the comments there and yeah now I remember why I stopped visiting ERA.
It's okay to dislike someone, but the amount of hate and anger in that place is unbearable.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Fucking hell Era....

He is creating more hate and damage with that comment. I thought he learned by now
But nope. He really is with team Rowling.

How can people be so idiotic and narrow minded. Which is even more annoying since they think they are open minded and prtgressive. Black dude can't make a joke they don't like tho. And science is also wrong.

Boss Mog

Lol why so upset?

Saying you like Dave Chappelle is irrelevant. If you think words justify violence then you are deplorable period. I can agree that the attacker getting his ass kicked was good; perhaps he'll think twice before physically attacking someone next time.

ikbalCO

Years ago, jordan peterson -a man this world does not deserve, made a comparison between far left and general mao, saying he doesnt see any difference between both parties' ideology. Ofc reporter at the time lost her mind over that comparison.

If you wanna experience how right jordan was 3 or 4 years ago, just check and read whats on era on this particular subject.

Zeroing

Banned
Era users are genuinely insane.

Imagine praising a dude with a gun & a knife that attacked someone on stage over a bloody joke.

Comedians insult and joke about everything and anyone, why even attend a show like this, if you can't handle it.
American media made it ok to attack if you think you’re marginalized or the “victim”

People who care about marginalized groups are the ones who actually do all the harm.

Yes I’ve been there on Era and some people are filled with anger.
They think they are saving society/world by being on a forum!

LoneWolf&Subs

Neo Member
No, I don’t get it either? When I smell pussy in public I start having happy thoughts. Why wouldn’t a lesbian have the same feelings? …Dave Chapelle you aren’t, friend.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Primer for Resetera posters:

Here’s the dictionary definition of the word violence:

“behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something”

PHYSICAL. FORCE.

Not fucking *words*, you absolute soft lads.

LordCBH

They’ve gone into the “committing terrorist acts are a-ok” territory, and the mods are okay with allowing that kind of radicalized rhetoric. Somewhere along the way they let the most unbalanced people take mod positions in their own team.

Calling for and defending violence? Whatever web service they run on should give them the boot. That’s the standard they use for people they disagree with right?

gizmopub999

Neo Member

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Holy shit, this is legitimately disturbing to read. They are literally encouraging and applauding violence against people they don't like.
They're not going to like it when the pitbulls of society being smacked in the corner bite back at them. Then they'll cry victim, of course.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Like Dave said about Caitlyn Jenner, "I know I'm not strong enough to not look..." And sure enough, I clicked on that era link. Gotta admit, shit's pretty silly. I got a good chuckle. Oy vey...

Thirty7ven

Banned
Primer for Resetera posters:

Here’s the dictionary definition of the word violence:

“behaviour involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something”

PHYSICAL. FORCE.

Not fucking *words*, you absolute soft lads.

It’s funny how it’s ok for a person to get violent over some words, but when that violence is met with the same energy they pull the victim card straight away.

Top Bottom