• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl announces daughter outside of his marriage

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Help Me Monday GIF by Foo Fighters

jufonuk

not tag worthy
so much for “the nicest guy in rock” that everyone paints him to be. He’s a cheater then?
I been a fan of the foos since the first album. Seen them a few times and they are one of my favourite bands and Dave always being mr nice guy and down to earth was a nice change from the old school rock and roller. But he is only human I guess.
Doubt his marriage will last after this.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Bro, to be Dave Grohl is to have the hottest women in the world throwing themselves at you constantly. I love my wife, but if I constantly had puss banging on my door for decades, I’m sure I’d crack.

He did fuck up by not just getting a vasectomy if he doesn’t like wrapping it up.

Would you? Personally, I wouldn't be tempted. The thought of the amount of pain I'd cause my wife and kids would be enough to stop me cheating. That's not worth one night of pleasure with another women.

Thaedolus

Would you? Personally, I wouldn't be tempted. The thought of the amount of pain I'd cause my wife and kids would be enough to stop me cheating. That's not worth one night of pleasure with another women.
Well, hats off to you, but I’ve had to turn away from some encounters while traveling for work and it wasn’t always easy when alcohol and a hot piece of ass is involved…I still managed, and have never cheated on anyone, but if that was my lifestyle constantly as a rock star, and I was away for months at a time? I know I’d give in, and tbh I think most women with celebrities or sports stars accept they’ll have a side piece

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I wonder if Bono has any extra kids out there. He and his wife have been together for a long time but this type stuff makes me wonder if a lot of these guys have extra kids.

Like Liv Tyler, I don't think her mother and steve were in a relationship, or that her father had much to do with her growing up other than financial support.

Toots

Gold Member
Reminder that the ancient Romans considered actors and musicians of low social standing. They were often grouped with other entertainers, gladiators, and sometimes even prostitutes, as individuals who were seen as lacking in moral virtue or respectability. This was partly because their professions involved public performance, which was associated with a lack of decorum and self-control, qualities highly valued in Roman society.
Until not so long ago performers couldn't be a religious burial unless renounce their performer status.
Molière's burial after his death in 1763 was problematic for that very reason.

That was, and still is, a quite silly way to think though imo !

Grohl is a self absorbed holier than thou dummy despite his musical talent, not because.

Thaedolus

Reminder that the ancient Romans considered actors and musicians of low social standing. They were often grouped with other entertainers, gladiators, and sometimes even prostitutes, as individuals who were seen as lacking in moral virtue or respectability. This was partly because their professions involved public performance, which was associated with a lack of decorum and self-control, qualities highly valued in Roman society.
Wait wtf? Who cares what a bunch of pedophiles thought of performers?

daffyduck

He probably got word someone like TMZ was sniffing around so beat em to the punch so they can't profit off it.

“Nevermind” someone else profiting; it’s better that he is the one that makes the reveal, rather than a stranger.

Another Good Guy (tm) icon turns out to be...human. It baffles me that the internet has convinced people that online personas are real despite thousands of years of evidence to the contrary. Humans are illogical, complicated and stupid messes. These people are more delusional than Catholics.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
So that it doesn't leak in one of the rags instead.

Well, yes. But what would be the mechanism for that to occur is what I meant, that's why I mentioned the birth certificate.

I wonder if his publicly pledging to be a father to the child means he's on good terms with the mother or if she almost wants him to issue the statement as a guarantee of his role in the child's life, lest she air the dirty laundry.

One thing is for sure, him announcing it will have kicked off a giant tabloid hunt to find out who the mother is.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Well, yes. But what would be the mechanism for that to occur is what I meant, that's why I mentioned the birth certificate.

I wonder if his publicly pledging to be a father to the child means he's on good terms with the mother or if she almost wants him to issue the statement as a guarantee of his role in the child's life, lest she air the dirty laundry.

One thing is for sure, him announcing it will have kicked off a giant tabloid hunt to find out who the mother is.
The mother wants money, which she is entitled to. The statement makes it clear he wants nothing to do with the mother.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I dont get announcing something like this via Instagram

Like what good does that exactly do for anyone?

Also the first FF album is still the best

jason10mm

Gold Member
I dont get announcing something like this via Instagram

Like what good does that exactly do for anyone?

Also the first FF album is still the best
I'm assuming the baby momma (and/or her legal team) threatened to go public in a much less polite way if he didn't pony up. So him doing this "breaks" the news in the most favorable (for him) way possible and prevents the rumor mill from running overtime. So this may be the last we hear of it so long as she gets her $$$; provided she isn't a minor, his nanny, the friend of one of his daughters, or something particularly salacious.

I'm assuming the baby momma (and/or her legal team) threatened to go public in a much less polite way if he didn't pony up. So him doing this "breaks" the news in the most favorable (for him) way possible and prevents the rumor mill from running overtime. So this may be the last we hear of it so long as she gets her $$$; provided she isn't a minor, his nanny, the friend of one of his daughters, or something particularly salacious.
I think it's more likely his PR or legal team told him to do this. He gets to announce this on his own terms before she leaks it to tmz, preventing her from using this for publicity or more money. It is in his best interest that she keeps quiet.

"hey, sorry I knocked you up. I'll pay for child support but you have to remain private and I'll make all the public statements."

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean rock stars ... but more importantly .. how old is the motherf$&@er now? And to have a newborn.. not cool Dave.. not cool have fun being daddy grandpa.

Last edited:

Toons

Being rich and successful doesn't garner you self control or dignity. It just expands your opportunities to succumb to those things.

That's one thing all the guru's teaching you how to make bank won't tell you. If you dont fix the problems internal they will come back into your life and you'll be ill prepared to overcome them.

Hope his wife and kids can make it through this time alright. Such a colossal embarrassment for them, and of no fault of their own. That's something that often gets overlooked.

Toons

Wait wtf? Who cares what a bunch of pedophiles thought of performers?

Some people look to them as an example believe it or not. They were powerful for sure and introduced many foundational aspects of modern society but even a tangently deeper look into the romans shows they were all too prone to brandishing their image as a veneer, to cover up all the corruption, petty bickering, nepotism, egomaniacs, and.... yes a ton of infidelity that was going on.

Coconutt

This guy is felt could always be taken down a peg or two hope the wife divorces him and takes half of everything.
fuck you aaron taylor-johnson GIF

Thaedolus

Dave Grohl is an HIV/AIDS denialist who is complicit in deaths of innocent people. Vile cunt.
From what I can tell that was a long time ago and led by another member of Foo Fighters, and Dave has been involved in AIDS prevention efforts for like two decades since then. By all accounts, Dave is a pretty decent guy, but has flaws like everyone.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Always something to see those who put themselves on some ideological driven morality pedestal, release the skeletons in their closets.
I don't think Dave Grohl is moralizing like that, but it certainly shits on his nice guy image. I do respect that he's willing to publicly acknowledge and take responsibility for the kid, at least, a lot of people would try to throw money around to make that go away and leave the kid without a father.

Top Bottom