• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave Grohl to drum on new Queens of the Stone Age album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Dave-Grohl-QOSTA.jpg

During an interview with BBC Radio 1 on Tuesday afternoon, Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme revealed that Dave Grohl has been tapped to drum on the band’s new studio album.

Grohl previously drummed on the band’s 2002 critical and commerical blockbuster Songs For the Deaf and collaborated with Homme for Them Crooked Vultures in 2009 and 2010. Homme said that he considered Grohl the only man for the job after the departure of Joey Castillo.

According to Queens of the Stone Age’s Twitter account, the new album will be out prior to their appearance at the UK Download Festival in June.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/11/dave-grohl-to-drum-on-new-queens-of-the-stone-age-album/

A7DD2-XCIAARuD9.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really hate Foo Fighters but I find Dave Grohl really likable. Its weird.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Words are failing me.

This is gonna be good.

Josh seemed really buddy buddy with Joey, I wonder if the split was because Josh felt dave's energy would be better for the record or if Joe had other shit he wanted to do.

EDIT: FRESH POTS

Mordeccai

This guy looks just like the drummer from Nirvana.

Not sure if serious

HYPED! Love me some QOTSA. Was listening to Lullabies earlier this morning. Little sister is so damn groovy with that cowbell or whatever that amazing instrument is

Edit: ^ hahaha fresh pot! Dave loves his coffee.

Yen

Words are failing me.

This is gonna be good.

Josh seemed really buddy buddy with Joey, I wonder if the split was because Josh felt dave's energy would be better for the record or if Joe had other shit he wanted to do.

EDIT: FRESH POTS

Seems Joey left amicably enough. He'll probably keep touring with the Eagles of Death Metal.

Zaphod

I was listening to Songs for the Deaf yesterday and thinking about how good Dave's drum work was on that album. Awesome news!

This is the best fucking news of the day. Grohl is a god on drums.

His drumming on Songs for the Deaf made that album easily the best QotSA album and the best album of the year for my money.

NinjaBoiX

Awesome stuff. QOTSA + Grohl is good news. "A Song For The Dead" is like a drumming masterclass. Dat intro....

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This is the best fucking news of the day. Grohl is a god on drums.

His drumming on Songs for the Deaf made that album easily the best QotSA album and the best album of the year for my money.

You and I finally agree on something. Now, if only you'd move over to Yahoo Pickem.

miller_time22

Neo Member
Great news. Also, rankings:

QOTSA
Songs for the Deaf
Rated R
Lullabies to Paralyze
Era Vulgaris

This band has some god tier b-sides too: The Bronze, Born to Hula, Infinity or if you like covers Never Say Never, Goin Out West, White Wedding.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I think Queens are just as good without Dave as they are with. I just hope this means they're really far along in recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom