• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Schwimmer lookalike fails to attend court on theft charge

2560.jpg

A suspected thief whose image went viral because he resembles the Friends actor David Schwimmer has absconded from court.

A district judge in Blackpool issued a warrant for the arrest of Abdulah Husseni on Tuesday after he failed to answer his court summons on charges of theft and fraud.

Lancashire constabulary was inundated with comments from social media users in October after it posted an image of Husseni, who was wanted over the theft of a jacket, mobile phone and wallet. The image went viral as people noticed he looked like Ross Geller, Schwimmer’s character in the US sitcom.

Hundreds of people commented on the force’s Facebook post with references to well-known lines from the show. One wrote: “Shouldn’t he be at work … or is he on a break?” Another posted: “I bet he was shouting ‘PIVOT’ as he picked those beers up.”

The actor then tweeted a statement and video parodying the image released by police, denying responsibility and insisting he had been in New York at the time of the alleged crime. “Officers, I swear it wasn’t me. As you can see, I was in New York,” he said. “To the hardworking Blackpool police, good luck with the investigation.”
vMCaKj7.jpg

Husseni, 36, of Slough, was arrested in Southall, west London, in November after items were stolen from a restaurant in Blackpool in September. On Tuesday, the district judge Jane Goodwin issued an arrest warrant after he failed to attend a court hearing at 9.30am.
Lancashire police had previously made it clear Schwimmer was not a suspect. “Thank you to everyone for your speedy responses,” the force said. “We have investigated this matter thoroughly and have confirmed that David Schwimmer was in America on this date. We’re so sorry it has to be this way.”
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ah-husseni-fails-attend-court-blackpool#img-1

Didn't see it anywhere, make me watch Joey if old.

Gander

Banned
You'd think you'd be smart enough to make use of your image, rather than turning to crime.

Then again there is that guy whose face turned up in a mug shot, then he became a model and through modeling married an heiress worth a billion dollars.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Poor Ross can't catch a break.

Lets hope that [vis_name][/vis_name] never gets caught or accussed for a crime they didn't commit.

Top Bottom