• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daytona USA, Daytona USA 2, PE, and Daytona USA 3 / Daytona LIVE / Daytona USA 2005

doncale

Banned
when will we see any of these...on current consoles, or the new upcoming consoles????
(not counting Outrun 2's Daytona 2 bonus track, and not counting Daytona USA 2001)

Sega has been creating a buzz with the hardcore Sega fans lately, with the Xbox version of Outrun 2 , the PS2 version of Virtua Fighter 2, not to mention the mysterious Phantasy Star Universe ( PSU is for ????? platform(s)), the upcoming Phantasy Star Trilogy on PS2.... and the strong rumors of the new Sega Rally on PS2.

I know EA owns the Daytona license in the USA for now. but that should not prevent Sega from releasing Daytona games in Japan and europe, right? Sega could then release them in the USA as 'Sega Arcade Racing' or some such alternative name, to get around the EA control-age of the Daytona name :)

so, what about a stand-alone Daytona....pretty please? :D

jedimike

doncale said:
when will we see any of these...on current consoles, or the new upcoming consoles????

(not counting Outrun 2's Daytona 2 bonus track, and not counting Daytona USA 2001)

Sega has been creating a buzz with the hardcore Sega fans lately, with the Xbox version of Outrun 2 , the PS2 version of Virtua Fighter 2, not to mention the mysterious Phantasy Star Universe ( PSU is for ????? platform(s)), the upcoming Phantasy Star Trilogy on PS2.... and the strong rumors of the new Sega Rally on PS2

so, what about a stand-alone Daytona....pretty please? :D

I don't see what kind of rush a new Daytona can give me that Outrun 2 won't already satisfy. I'm much more excited about the prospect of a new Sega Rally. Even then, I have mixed emotions because Sega Rally is so memorable to me and RSC2 has fulfilled all of my Rally needs and expectations.

I just think the Sega series would get tarnished if they tried to compete now after being absent from the market for so long. Codemasters and DICE have taken Rally racing to a whole new level... can Sega be competitive in the respective markets without looking a fool?

Outrun2 is a different beast than other racers, so it's a safer bet and a bet that looks like it will pay off. Daytona and Sega Rally are different though... Sega would have to devote numerous resources to make sure they can compete with the Burnouts, Need for Speeds, Rallisports, etc. of the market.

***crosses fingers*** - God, I hope they try!

doncale

Banned
where Sega can compete with other Rally developers, is on nextgen hardware, or with arcade hardware that outpowers anything at home, like Model 2 did from 1994-1997 and Model 3 did from 1996 to 1998.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
These games are aging...

I'd rather see the original and 'remix' versions (complete w/ all the new visual bells and whistles) avail. for PS3, Xenon, Rev etc.

Sho Nuff

Banned
doncale, you have completely lost it. There is more to life than flawless Model 2 Daytona ports, which you seem to mention in seemingly every thread.

Basically, if someone makes an emulator that runs Daytona at 60fps on the PC with wheel support, will you disappear forever?

doncale said:
It's Klee's fault, he started it with his Sega Rally Championship thread :D

Then why didn't you keep it in that thread instead of starting a new one? In fact, you've basically said the same damn thing in every single Sega racing thread, which there's already way too many right now.

At this point I want a new/perfect port of Sega Rally and Daytona not for myself, but just so certain people would shut up.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wario64 said:
I'd rather have F-Zero GX on Xbox Live

You and me both brother. Oh wait.......

Sho Nuff said:
doncale, you have completely lost it. There is more to life than flawless Model 2 Daytona ports, which you seem to mention in seemingly every thread.

Basically, if someone makes an emulator that runs Daytona at 60fps on the PC with wheel support, will you disappear forever?

How has he lost it and why should we disappear? Sho....do you realize with the recent discovery of Scud and Day2 tracks in OR2, the amount of fans who are DYING for SuperGT and Daytona USA 2 to be brought home in arcade perfect form! Do you realize how many dancing fucking bannana smilies I've seen at dozens of other forums because of this news?

I personally want these games ported and brought to Xbox Live more than anything in the world. I want them so fucking bad I can TASTE IT! I want them so bad that I cannot help myself when seeing the tracks that I so dearly love ported with details missing like the bats from Daytona 2, or the Waterfall and fire from Scud Race. I what to race these tracks in their original form with the original cars, with the original music, with all the little original details, at home, and online against 7 other players.

Everyone has big dreams, that they've been wanting something so bad for so many years...and years...and years....well, this is MY DREAM!!! And I have been dreaming of having these two games on a home console and online for the past 7 years, ever since I first laid eyes on them at the age of 24.

And the bottomline is....they are two games that look better than any other racing game on a current platform, including BO3, RSC2, PGR2, GT4 and yes, even OutRun 2!

I could have bought a deluxe cabinet of both Daytona 2 and SuperGT long ago. But I don't wish to merely play them alone in a single player game. I wish to *compete* in them, against other SuperGT and Daytona 2 crack-pipe angels. And unless I can afford to build a giant garage and buy 8 deluxe cockpit cabinets linked together, that desire remains unrealistic. A more realistic solution is simply to pray that Sega does the right thing and port the fuckers over to Xduke with 8 playa on Live.

The only person here who fronts like he's a hardcore Sega Arcade racing fan is BeOnEdge(he likes mostly shallow gameplay, simple twitch type racers like Burnout 3)....but since he's my nizzle I'll forgive him :D

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
FortNinety said:
Then why didn't you keep it in that thread instead of starting a new one? In fact, you've basically said the same damn thing in every single Sega racing thread, which there's already way too many right now.

At this point I want a new/perfect port of Sega Rally and Daytona not for myself, but just so certain people would shut up.

Klee Sega Rally thread. Link?

isamu

Doncale are you by any chance Eric43? Your enthusiasm for the Daytona USA series reminds me of him.

If not, and you're wondering who he is, he is a guy obsessed with keeping all the Daytona USA related boards at Gamefaqs alive, despite no one else posting at any of them(except for me once in ahwile).

Check out *THIS* board for an example.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"How has he lost it and why should we disappear? etc etc...."

I can absolutely guarantee, even if Sega ported these games 100% accurately, that people (mainly die hard enthusiasts) would still swear that the game is not the same as the arcade version.

"And the bottomline is....they are two games that look better than any other racing game on a current platform, including BO3, RSC2, PGR2, GT4 and yes, even OutRun 2!"

...dude, you are so fucking high!

Shinobi

DCharlie said:
I can absolutely guarantee, even if Sega ported these games 100% accurately, that people (mainly die hard enthusiasts) would still swear that the game is not the same as the arcade version.

:lol Agreed...

Top Bottom