• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it'll be a "misunderstanding" cop out. Dr. M trying to make the universe "better" so he fucks things up. Does the whole "you don't understand I'm saving you from yourselves" thing. I can't see him going all mustache twirling bad guy.

Johns said it won't be the heroes banging their fists against Dr. Manhattan, and he also described him as an antagonist rather than a villain. I imagine it will be a philosophical type battle, with DC heroes reaffirming that the ends do not justify the means.

Penguin

This page looks terrible, but guess we're getting into the ramp up for Suicide Squad, which makes sense

CjjhKLOVAAAC2Iq.jpg:orig

Johns said it won't be the heroes banging their fists against Dr. Manhattan, and he also described him as an antagonist rather than a villain. I imagine it will be a philosophical type battle, with DC heroes reaffirming that the ends do not justify the means.

What comic is this story continuing in. I was planning on following the trinitys comics because of the creative teams on them. But I also am now curious where that big story goes too after reading rebirth

What comic is this story continuing in. I was planning on following the trinitys comics because of the creative teams on them. But I also am now curious where that big story goes too after reading rebirth

No idea, I'm interested too. I think it will just be continued in the next event while DC tests these books sustainability and which ones will remain double shipped.

New 52 Superman's disappearance seems to be continued in action comics, Blue Beetle in Blue Beetle, Atom in ???, will get his book in second wave with JSA, Shazam and LOSH. Wally confirmed to be in Titans and Flash.

First arc of JL should continue the Joker storyline, according to interviews, and I imagine it'll go full Rebirth the next arc.

No idea, I'm interested too. I think it will just be continued in the next event while DC tests these books sustainability and which ones will remain double shipped.

New 52 Superman's disappearance seems to be continued in action comics, Blue Beetle in Blue Beetle, Atom in ???, will get his book in second wave with JSA, Shazam and LOSH. Wally confirmed to be in Titans and Flash.

I'm following superman instead of action comics because I love the idea of going with that man of steel/superman 1 style plot of parenting a kid with superpowers. And also tomasi/Gleason fuck yeah

Interestingly enough i thought the atom tease was the most fun out of all the arc previews in rebirth. Depending on who writes for that I might follow it one day.

Shit is getting exhausting already tho lol. Gonna have to limit myself to 3 ongoings considering the double shipping. And whatever follows that big Manhattan plot until the arc finishes

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
No, no, no, no, NO! Just no to anything Tatum, the thought alone. Ugh.

Busty

Banned
Tatum will be a Lantern if he makes the jump to DC.

After Jupiter Ascending? And before he does Forever War? I don't see it. I suspect they have him in mind (if they have him in mind) for something like
Booster Gold
or even, dare I say it,
Green Arrow

No, no, no, no, NO! Just no to anything Tatum, the thought alone. Ugh.

Tatum would be the best casting for the dcu heroes even over affleck tbh

Especially for somebody like Shazam

Dudes awesome

But we really going by a guy following a dude on Twitter? He's gambit. It will film later this year

After Jupiter Ascending? And before he does Forever War? I don't see it. I suspect they have him in mind (if they have him in mind) for something like
Booster Gold
or even, dare I say it,
Green Arrow

Are we talking about timing? Cause I don't really see the issue. He'd be one of the Lanterns, not the Lantern.

Booster Gold
or even, dare I say it,
Green Arrow

Tatum would make a fantastic Booster.

Or Guy Gardner.

W/e.

Make him, Jamie Foxx and Jonah Hill the Green Lantern Corps

Yeah, Hal Jordans fat now. Whatever.

Jamie Foxx rarely gets mentioned as a casting choice but I'd be okay with him as John Stewart. Actually thought he'd be a great fit to replace Rhodey in Iron Man 2. There's that film with RDJ and Zach Gali...I give up spelling his name off memory. But the brief scenes with Foxx and RDJ showed more chemistry with the two than three or four films with Don Cheadle.

It'd be funny if Jonah Hill plays a Green Lantern after voicing Green Lantern in The LEGO Movie. Tatum voiced Superman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtvDE2pzGoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom