• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

I thought Jesse played a great mad scientist Lex. But if we were going the businessman path, Billy Zane is a lock

893826_762x762p9x54.jpg

Jesse talking about the shaving his head to be bald for Lex. I know there'd be criticisms about it, but I couldn't care less if Lex is bald in the films.

Jesse talking about the shaving his head to be bald for Lex. I know there'd be criticisms about it, but I couldn't care less if Lex is bald in the films.

It's weird how he shaved it for like 2 minutes of bald time.

Didn't really care about the hair tho. And ive warmed up to his lex too although he went overboard with the last scene. Could have done with cutting that part tbh. Ding ding ding ding ding ding

IconGrist

It's weird how he shaved it for like 2 minutes of bald time.

Didn't really care about the hair tho. And ive warmed up to his lex too although he went overboard with the last scene. Could have done with cutting that part tbh. Ding ding ding ding ding ding

Haha, I liked that part and his outburst during his speech the best.

"Because that is PARADOXICALheheheheheh...."

Fucking loved his Lex. Went in totally prepared to hate it based on impressions from the reviews but it went the complete opposite way for me. Best character in the movie.

Dead

well not really...yet
The Lex vs Superman scene on the rooftop is probably one of the best comic book villain scenes in recent years

They would be idiots to ditch Eisenberg imo.

The Lex vs Superman scene on the rooftop is probably one of the best comic book villain scenes in recent years

It was pretty dope. Man those Martha pictures were oddly disturbing for a superhero movie tho lol. Looked like something out of a snuff film

ReiGun

It was the moment where Lex's whole character came together and where the movie best achieved what it set out to do by casting Eisenberg. Makes me wish that a Superman sequel by another director were coming soon.

It was pretty dope. Man those Martha pictures were oddly disturbing for a superhero movie tho lol. Looked like something out of a snuff film

Yeah it was fucked. Great villain moment. I hope after his stint in jail he'll just bel low key publicly, and a total madman with the heroes. Eisenberg deserves to take it to the next step.

Had it ended there, he'd be a great villain. Starts to get over the top with the Doomsday creation and prison scene. Although I loved that Superman saved the wormy prick after all the business with trying to burn his mother and tossing his ladyfriend off a skyscraper.

a916

That's the one scene I point to when people say Cavill has no range... the emotion of him reacting when he sees those pictures and yells out "WHERE IS SHE" you can see bits of anger and then sorrow because he knows he can destroy the entire world but he's at the mercy of this guy because he wants to save her.

Ninjimbo

Had it ended there, he'd be a great villain. Starts to get over the top with the Doomsday creation and prison scene. Although I loved that Superman saved the wormy prick after all the business with trying to burn his mother and tossing his ladyfriend off a skyscraper.
Yeah, I loved that part too. Even after all the crap that Lex pulled, Superman still jumped in to stop his ass from being swatted. Clark still thought that Lex was worth saving. People like to complain about Superman not being Superman in the film and I always think back to that specific moment in the movie. For me, it doesn't get anymore Superman than that.

Bleepey

Eisenberg wasn't that bad. He has the potential to be fully redeemed. Tone down the crazy shit and make him go full Social Network

shingi70

Banned
Hoping they time down the crazy he had toward the end, and we get a mix of what he was like earlier in the film with that of a traditional lex. Like after getting out of prison dude has to act more lex like to keep his image up.

Dcube

Lex was def one of my favorite parts of the film, glad he's back. Movie had really cool dialogue and I thought Jesse nailed it, especially that rooftop scene. Can't wait for that Blu-ray.

Ahasverus

Well, fuck.

You guys will be surprised when it turns out in Justice League that Lex was acting zany the whole time so he can plight insanity in court and is released from jail acting as the shark we know and love. You wait and see,he's just playing the long game.

Yeah... this is the one thing that makes me eye roll. When people say that Eisenberg can't act or BvS was just him doing his Social Network role... he's nothing like his Social Network role lol.

i totally agree. but i still think he was pretty bad as lex

a916

Thea from Arrow complaining that WB asked them to remove/kill off the SS because of the impending movie:

Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ and the movies and stuff. So it’s a little upsetting because you know it is possible and it can be done and how good it would be if it was done.

Which is good because that Arrow squad is weak as hell and I want no part of them near the movie universe. Especially Thea who's terrible. I don't trust anything in their hands, hell they botched R'as Al Ghul. The only thing I want from that universe is the Flash crew (Flash and Cisco) and Supergirl. Even then, it's easy for Flash to pop into the DC Film Universe.

Fuck the TV shows. They're bad. Arrow is attrocius and I can see Flash going th same road. Barry Allen sucks so much.

Don't get me started on Supergirl. Benoist is awesome, but everything else freaking awful.

Thea from Arrow complaining that WB asked them to remove/kill off the SS because of the impending movie:

Which is good because that Arrow squad is weak as hell and I want no part of them near the movie universe. Especially Thea who's terrible. I don't trust anything in their hands, hell they botched R'as Al Ghul. The only thing I want from that universe is the Flash crew (Flash and Cisco) and Supergirl. Even then, it's easy for Flash to pop into the DC Film Universe.
I don't mind the cast of the Arrowverse complaining that they can't use the Suicide Squad characters in the show, but it bothers me when they complain about how the actors can't play the characters on TV and in the movies.

IconGrist

Flash and Supergirl are okay but Arrow got really bad. The season finale was a chore to watch. Willa talking about how Marvel does it is a weird comparison because there has been complaints that the MCU proper completely ignores them. I just don't see the benefit in connecting the two.

Boke1879

Fuck the TV shows. They're bad. Arrow is attrocius and I can see Flash going th same road. Barry Allen sucks so much.

Don't get me started on Supergirl. Benoist is awesome, but everything else freaking awful.

Flash if fine imo as a tv show. But I'm glad they aren't using them to legitimize their universe.

Because lets say you use Grant as the Flash in the movie. You legitimize that tv show universe. Which mean Arrow, Legends, and now Supergirl become canon. And then you put Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman become Canon in those universes.

It's just best to separate the two. And the cast of those shows really just need to get over it and stop mentioning it. It's not going to happen or change anything.

a916

I'm so glad WB decided to keep the film and TV universes separate. Imagine Arrow season 4 happening in DCEU. A fate worse than David Goyer.

Yup. I have no issue with Grant popping up the Flash movie much like Flash TV show where he can cross dimensions and see other Flash's. Great fan service and a nod, but still very much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom