• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEA Makes Industrial Hemp Schedule 1 - HIA Sues - Many Businesses Now Struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
Such a garbage organization. Fucking trump slashing the EPA's funds and yet th DEA is doing just peachy. Bullshit system we have.

Yup. And were going to build a wall to help fight the war on drugs when you could simply make the drug legal, tax it, make more than the states legally are allowed to keep from taxpayers, and then save shit tons of money from not having to to deal with it.

Not to mention all the people in jail because of it.

Derwind

Hemp is illegal?

My mind is falling into itself trying to make sense of this.

This has to be the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard.

Damn this is going to make alot of people lose jobs. There are alot of help based products including food in my local stores.

I wish Obama did more to legalize marijuana back in 2009/2010. It would have been legal for almost 8 years now and the stigma behind the plant would have been greatly diminished. Now, we're going to go in the opposite direction. Even Christian stores like Hobby Lobby sell Hemp and now its going to be illegal. smh

Duplolas

Banned
Damn this is going to make alot of people lose jobs. There are alot of help based products including food in my local stores.

Yup. And no major news organization is even talking about it, despite this being passed 2 months ago and implemented a month ago.

joshlee

As far as I am aware, the DEA's recommendation can't supersede a law and the 2014 Farm Bill specifically states that CBD is legal and can be transferred across state lines.

It's a problem when the enforcement agency is in charge of what they are supposed to enforce. It would be like if police created the laws. It's an extreme conflict of interest and of course they are going to do what is in their best interest as an agency not ours as a country.

Yup. And were going to build a wall to help fight the war on drugs when you could simply make the drug legal, tax it, make more than the states legally are allowed to keep from taxpayers, and then save shit tons of money from not having to to deal with it.

Not to mention all the people in jail because of it.

Jails are flooded with the fruits of this shit. It's insane.

Kittygirl

Told my sister about this today. She's a self-employed nail technician.

1/3 of her sales come from hand lotion sales from a brand called "H****". It contains the oil, but no drugs. Eyes widened, then a casual comment about how that would explain how why all the distributors are having a sale on the product line for over 1/2 price off.

She cut lunch short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom