• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

fernoca

Darn, missed the costumes for August 23 and August 24 thanks to Hurricane Irene. :/
Hopefully everything will be fine by the next repeat.

3DS was nice at least during those days. Did 50-Survival, finished Arcade with each character. :p

Beat all the Tag Challenges, (some of them were quite annoying) now all that left is to wait for all the DLC costumes/throwdowns and get the figurines.

Anyone have any tips for the fastest way to collect figurines?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Gunloc said:
Whew, beat 100 Fighter Survival today.

My hands were shaking on the last boss.
Congrats (from somebody who's been hitting the 90-ish barrier way too many times).

Anyone have any tips for the fastest way to collect figurines?
IMO the faster way is the 100 survival - I usually get 3-5 figurines per a 90-ish attempt.

blu said:
IMO the faster way is the 100 survival - I usually get 3-5 figurines per a 90-ish attempt.

do the 30s or 50s then...I get 3 figures per 30 and 5 per 50. Your getting ripped if your doing 90 and only getting 3

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I went against a Ryu user online yesterday, and all he did was kamehameha me to death.
I main Hayate, so I was able to get a few kicks in, but I think this is B.S. as well.

I also got to beat 89 in survival, but was raped by Kasumi 116. :/

blu

Mature said:
So do I suck at the game or was taking a long time to beat 100-man survival okay?
It usually takes a long time to beat the 100 survival, AKA most of us suck at this game.

blu

JackFrost said:
do the 30s or 50s then...I get 3 figures per 30 and 5 per 50. Your getting ripped if your doing 90 and only getting 3
Today I recalled you post I actually checked - you're absolutely right. The number of figurines awarded corresponds to the ten-multiple of wins. Sorry about the original disinformation, apparently I never bothered to properly counted those awards :/

I've read all the faqs about opening up all the characters without completing the Tag challenges but I'm still missing 3 characters (3 question marks on the character select screen).

The tag challenges feel broken to me and very very random, If I can get the three remaining characters without playing that mode I'll be a happy man. :)

I've beat arcade mode.......are some of the time unlocks?

Bankoiia

I've completed everything in this game except 100-man survival. When I get down to the final 30 it's like I'm hitting a wall. Tried it five-six times now and it takes a while to even get to that point! The tag challenges seems easier to me.

Incitemaybe said:
I've read all the faqs about opening up all the characters without completing the Tag challenges but I'm still missing 3 characters (3 question marks on the character select screen).
I was missing three characters as well, even though I had completed Arcade as well as all story chapters and tag challenges. As it turned out they all unlocked, seemingly at random, when I replayed a stage in arcade mode. Might be worth a try to clear stage 1 with different characters.

tsab

Incitemaybe said:

The tag challenges feel broken to me and very very random, If I can get the three remaining characters without playing that mode I'll be a happy man. :)

No.Just keep playing arcade mode.you may need to unlock all costumes first before unlocking the rest"?"

Incitemaybe said:

Have you beaten Chronicles Mode? That seems to help trigger them.

If you have, the best way is to just keep playing Arcade Mode with different characters. You need to anyway to unlock all the in-game costumes.

fernoca

Yep, as I learned in this thread and playing the game. Basically finish Chronicles Mode then finish Arcade a few times (even if it's Course 1 all the time) and you'll unlock them all.

louie

SMT said:
I went against a Ryu user online yesterday, and all he did was kamehameha me to death.
I main Hayate, so I was able to get a few kicks in, but I think this is B.S. as well.

I also got to beat 89 in survival, but was raped by Kasumi 116. :/

Teleport behind his back. You can attack him before he recovers.

louie said:
Teleport behind his back. You can attack him before he recovers.
No you can't. If you're backwards and hit the free button to block, you'll turn around and block in two frames. Show me a move that can beat that.

All DLC costumes get! :)

Just a reminder, a fourth cycle of the first set of DLC costumes is starting on Sept. 19 (Mon.), so if you haven't gotten them all yet this is your (last?) chance.

blu

Gunloc said:
All DLC costumes get! :)

Just a reminder, a fourth cycle of the first set of DLC costumes is starting on Sept. 19 (Mon.), so if you haven't gotten them all yet this is your (last?) chance.
Congrats! What's the quickest way to unlock all non-DLC costumes, btw?

shaowebb

Played the demo and it feels just like old times. Good stuff. Any word though on Samus being in it? That one level teased it pretty hard at the end and my interest is peaked.

fernoca

Yay! I missed 2-3 costumes because of the Storm/Hurricane Irene. :)

shaowebb said:
Played the demo and it feels just like old times. Good stuff. Any word though on Samus being in it? That one level teased it pretty hard at the end and my interest is peaked.
Samus is only in a cameo.
You unlock a Metroid-themed stage by
finishing all arcade courses
. On that stage, if you blow on the mic; she appears in her well known Morph Ball form and throws a bomb.

blu said:
Congrats! What's the quickest way to unlock all non-DLC costumes, btw?
You can only get them by beating Arcade Mode I believe, just replay the first course with each character until you unlock their extra costumes. (Each of the characters have varying amounts of unlockable costumes.) It's best to beat Chronicles Mode first though if you want to unlock all the boss characters. That way you can unlock the costumes and the bosses at the same time.

shaowebb said:
No Samus.

fernoca

And quoting again, because of the new (last?) round of DLC:
(Seems the ones I missed were Week #2's Ayane and Kokoro; hope there's not another storm/hurricane then. :p)

fernoca said:
Seems that there's one more distribution period for the DLC; after the one scheduled to start this monday...

Back by popular demand, DOAD’s highly renowned special costumes that were distributed via SpotPass up to July 29 of this year can now be downloaded once again. Starting as of August 15, 2011 players who missed their first chance will now have the opportunity to download their favorite costumes again.

As before, we will have all 34 special costumes for download. Starting from 10AM Aug 15, there will be one different costume available for download per day.

The types of costumes and their order will be the same as the previous rounds of costume downloads via SpotPass. For players who have not yet downloaded their favorite costumes this is your chance!

DEAD OR ALIVE Dimensions Special Costumes
  • Re-distribution period: August 15, 2011 - September 17, 2011 | September 19, 2011 - October 22, 2011
  • Distribution time: Every morning from 10AM to 9AM of the next day
  • Content: Special costumes (34 in total/one new costume per day)
  • Distribution method: Nintendo 3DS SpotPass
  • Price: Free
* The types of costumes and their order will be the same as the previous download schedules.

And the full schedule:

Week #1:
  1. Kasumi
  2. Ayane
  3. Kokoro
  4. Leifang
  5. Tina
  6. La Mariposa
  7. Hitomi

Week #2:
  1. Kokoro
  2. Ayane
  3. Leifang
  4. Tina
  5. La Mariposa
  6. Jann Lee
  7. Zack

Week #3:
  1. Helena
  2. Bayman
  3. Bass
  4. Leon
  5. Hitomi
  6. Eliot
  7. Brad

Week #4:
  1. Christie
  2. Helena
  3. Gen Fu
  4. Ein
  5. Leifang
  6. Hayabusa
  7. Hayate

Week #5:
  1. Christie
  2. Kasumi
  3. Ayane
  4. Kokoro
  5. Hitomi
  6. Kasumi

Remember to make sure that the option for SpotPass is set to on in Options, Network. You'll get a welcome message and that week's schedule if you do. Costumes are received through Spotpass, so just make sure to have the unit online at any moment of the day.

blu

Gunloc said:
You can only get them by beating Arcade Mode I believe, just replay the first course with each character until you unlock their extra costumes. (Each of the characters have varying amounts of unlockable costumes.) It's best to beat Chronicles Mode first though if you want to unlock all the boss characters. That way you can unlock the costumes and the bosses at the same time.
Ah. I have all characters already unlocked, I was just not sure if grinding arcade was the quickest path to all unlockable costumes. Cheers!

fernoca

Weird. I just got the Spotpass update with "this week's schedule" and guess they messed up because the schedule they gave out is next week's.

bumpkin

Gunloc said:
Just another reminder, today is the start of the fourth (and final?) release of the first set of DLC costumes.
Hopefully I'll get the ones I'm clearly missing. Not really sure what happened or why I didn't get them the last time they went out; my 3DS has been on (sometimes closed but on home) every single day since before they announced the re-delivery of the costumes. I'm not sure specifically what I'm missing, though I can see I don't have Kasumi's 2nd download, any for Zack or any for Hayate. :(

bumpkin said:
Hopefully I'll get the ones I'm clearly missing. Not really sure what happened or why I didn't get them the last time they went out; my 3DS has been on (sometimes closed but on home) every single day since before they announced the re-delivery of the costumes. I'm not sure specifically what I'm missing, though I can see I don't have Kasumi's 2nd download, any for Zack or any for Hayate. :(
I've heard some people say that you can't have more than five unchecked costumes in queue at one time. I can't confirm that claim since I checked my 3DS every day. (I also always did something afterward that would cause the game to save again just to be safe.)

But here's a list of all the DLC costumes from the first set and their order of release:
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Dead_or_Alive:_Dimensions_Downloadable_Content
(The dates are old though, so you'll have to fill the new ones in yourself.)

Boney

Banned
Gunloc said:
I've heard some people say that you can't have more than five unchecked costumes in queue at one time. I can't confirm that claim since I checked my 3DS every day. (I also always did something afterward that would cause the game to save again just to be safe.)

But here's a list of all the DLC costumes from the first set and their order of release:
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Dead_or_Alive:_Dimensions_Downloadable_Content
Oh fuck haven't checked the game in a month

no costumes get then :((((

only got 3 costumes :(

Boney

Banned
Gunloc said:
Well, what costumes do you have now? You might still be able to get them if you've got the first three of four.
Uh got Kasumi, Ayane and something else. I'd been getting the schedules, but never popped the game because I thought all of them would download.

bumpkin

Gunloc said:

Huh... That's good to know. I'll have to make sure that I check it daily now or whatnot. It's possible I got hosed by the limit you mentioned. Thanks for the tip! :)

I tried to tackle the 100 win survival challenge while I was killing time at the Gears 3 midnight release event. I got to 49 and got cheesed the fuck out by gooey naked Kasumi. That cheap bitch.

Boney said:
Uh got Kasumi, Ayane and something else. I'd been getting the schedules, but never popped the game because I thought all of them would download.
Well, I can't confirm the whole five costumes in queue thing personally, so I'd check your game now anyway.

But if you have Kasumi Download 1, Ayane Download 1 and Kokoro Download 1 right now (the first three costumes) you can still get them all. (You can check the link I posted above to see all the costumes if you want to make sure.)

Today is Leifang Download 1, the forth costume in the series and it's still up for download right now. You'd probably be just in time to get them all if you start today.

Boney

Banned
Gunloc said:
Well, I can't confirm the whole five costumes in queue thing personally, so I'd check your game now anyway.

But if you have Kasumi Download 1, Ayane Download 1 and Kokoro Download 1 right now (the first three costumes) you can still get them all. (You can check the link I posted above to see all the costumes if you want to make sure.)

Today is Leifang Download 1, the forth costume in the series and it's still up for download right now. You'd probably be just in time to get them all if you start today.
I'm stuck mid cycle, since I got it in July and got the last ones, and a few of the early ones back in August.

Boney said:
I'm stuck mid cycle, since I got it in July and got the last ones, and a few of the early ones back in August.
Are the earlier ones the costumes I listed? (Kasumi, Ayane & Kokoro Download 1?) If so, you can still get them all.

Boney

Banned
Gunloc said:
Are the earlier ones the costumes I listed? (Kasumi, Ayane & Kokoro Download 1?) If so, you can still get them all.
Yeah got all 3 of them, phew.

So is this the last round? Why wouldn't I be able to get all of them if I didn't?

Boney said:
Yeah got all 3 of them, phew.

So is this the last round? Why wouldn't I be able to get all of them if I didn't?
Cool, don't forget to get Leifang Download 1 today.

As for if this is the last round, we don't know, but TK haven't announced another cycle so it could be.

Anyone get the notification for this week's throwdown and not get the actual challenge in the game?

I'm wondering why the Genra challenge won't show up for me

fernoca

lazybones18 said:
Anyone get the notification for this week's throwdown and not get the actual challenge in the game?

Thanks for reminding me about it. :)
But, no problems here. Got the notification (checked it earlier but didn't check the game).

Just put the game now, got the challenge..Genra was easy on the first round, but kept blocking and countering everything the other 2 rounds..so I lost. XD

lazybones18 said:

NP here with the genra challenge

fernoca said:
so I lost. XD

You can home out before the loss and just redo the challenge to get the win (and "rare" figure) if you want.

Top Bottom