• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Gaming Forum:

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't make any assumptions, Tritroid. I know your birthday is October 17th, 1982, making you in fact older than I am. I also know that you're a student at the University of Kentucky and that you had some sort of falling out with marsomega. I know full well who I am talking to.

Now let's get to the point at hand:

You say:

Ahem:

5. Metroid Prime GC Nintendo 103 8.9 95.6% 95.9%
6. Halo: Combat Evolved XBOX Microsoft 99 8.9 95.0% 95.7%

:p

Not that it matters much anyway. But I'm just pointing out that MP2's control scheme is on par (if not better than) Halo's.

Let me keep it short and sweet so my point isn't lost on you yet again. Your drawing of the conclusion that MP's control scheme is equal to or better than Halo's based on an overall review score, regardless of personal preferences, is wrong. There are other factors within a game that could have dropped the score by 5% or could have been perfect and the control scheme could have kept the game from being a perfect 100%. It's not that complicated an issue to understand. Again I will quote IJoel's post:

No, he's obviously pointing out that a game's overall rating or score isn't the sum of its parts, but rather how they all tie together. What this means is that while a game could have less than perfect controls, case in point, the rest of it can make up for it. Simple as that.

He's not trolling, he's trying to explain (dare I say in vain to an audience like the usual nbots) that a game's score/rating can't be used as a blanket statement to cover all its parts.

I can't fathom how people can't even grasp that. It's just incredible such a simple concept can get lost in the rubbles of some people's minds.

Mike:
Why just yesterday you were talking about taking it up the pooper from Bill Gates and . See, we can both make stuff up in order to paint the other person in a different light. Not once did I ever say anything like that, it's widely known that my least favorite of any of the Mario games is Mario Sunshine and I still played through it twice. Considering my MB history was Nintendorks, and then GAF, your argument as to what my bias is is completely ridiculous and serves as just a plain attack on my character to discredit my opinion. But what else should I expect from you.

DEAR MATLOCK

It has come to my attention lately that you're focusing more on pointless bullshit than usual.

1.) Stop trolling in each and every Ico thread. We fucking already know that you don't like the game so please JUST STOP TROLLING.

2.) The "XDUDE" threads are fucking annoying and lame. We don't give shit about whats going at your college so stop those aswell.

:D

BuddyC

Doom_Bringer said:
DEAR MATLOCK

It has come to my attention lately that you're focusing more on pointless bullshit than usual.

1.) Stop trolling in each and every Ico thread. We fucking already know that you don't like the game so please JUST STOP TROLLING.

2.) The "XDUDE" threads are fucking annoying and lame. We don't give shit about whats going at your college so stop those aswell.

:D
It's only going to get worse before it gets better. You must realize and accept this.

Matlock

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:

I intend not to make controversy with mistruths, but to present my opinion. 'tis no worse than some of the personal insults I've seen you fling out.

Top Bottom