• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding |OT| Keep Walking, Nothing To See Here

GymWolf

Gold Member
Fallen Order has most reviews on PS4 and is at 82 now.
Pokemon is at 81
lol true pokemon is 81, i don't know where that 85 comes out...

not that i put any weight on mc score...
surge 2 is the best soulsborne since bloodborne and his metacritic is around 70...

Bryank75

Banned
lol true pokemon is 81, i don't know where that 85 comes out...

not that i put any weight on mc score...
surge 2 is the best soulsborne since bloodborne and his metacritic is around 70...
Yeah, I bought Pokemon double pack for me and my son and I will get Fallen Order too but closer to Christmas. I've spent way too much recently with COD too and other bits and pieces.

It's getting really hard to get a game to score 90+ these days. So many outlets giving scores. One or two troll reviews can tank it.

Psykodad

Banned
Okay, so, decided to check the difficulty I was playing.
Turned out I was playing on normal instead of hard. Could've sworn I started the game on hard, but that explains why the game was so easy.
MULEs/Demens and BTs are definitely a bit more challenging on hard. Lol

At chapter 9 now, and have to say, there have been some amazing parts to the game so far.

The fight in WWII, when you have to meet up with Deadman. Really love the setting and how they handled the whole Death Stranding WWII mix.

And the fact that you have to let yourself get caught by the BTs at the end of chapter 8. Took me a while to figure out what I had to do, but that was pure genius.

Also, the weather effects off the snow are amazing. Especially during the heavy storms.
As well as the volcano area.

Game looks amazing in HDR. They really need to add a photomode.

Stick her in a truck and drive her all the way. Took me less than 10 min

I have to get there first. No vehicle, no structures, mountains.

Anyway, I wound up going to the weather station, then threw down four or five zip lines on the way to Mama's. It wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

nowhat

Game looks amazing in HDR. They really need to add a photomode.
It does, and I'm surprised there isn't a photo mode. One could argue not having one is to keep spoilers at bay, but this could be easily rectified by limiting the availability in certain situations like cutscenes (many games do this).

Psykodad

Banned
It does, and I'm surprised there isn't a photo mode. One could argue not having one is to keep spoilers at bay, but this could be easily rectified by limiting the availability in certain situations like cutscenes (many games do this).
Yeah, not really sure why this isn't the case.
A game running on Decima ought to have photomode by default, imo.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Finished the game last night! What a fucking experience man. Kojima is a genius.
Together with The Last Guardian the most special game I played this generation, by far.

Come on devs and publishers. Try something new. Risk the low reviews for the sake of the medium. We need more games like this with a high budgets.

Amazing

10/10

Roni

Gold Member
How do you get Legend of Legends?

Not too sure, actually. Got 4 myself but I don't exactly know how. I'm trying to play without gaming the thing too much at first. The game has been holding that sense of wonder for me for 60+ hours already. My best guess would be perfect time, condition and massive volume.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Just fought a boss and it was terrible. These controls are not suited for combat.

Damn... I just want to go back to my deliveries. I have a couple of roads i need to complete.

I'm enjoying the story and i love the delivery gameplay loop. But right now I'm afraid of advancing the story because of boss fights.
I felt the same at first, but they became quite fun once I got the hang of it.

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
You need to be in hard difficulty.
You can change before doing a delivery and go back in normal/easy after.

You sure? Isnt it just nailing premium deliveriets? I played the game on hard and only get the legend rewards with the premium deliveries

Bryank75

Banned
Anybody drive the truck and start slipping all over the place? I find it goes really uncontrollable in some map areas....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Anybody drive the truck and start slipping all over the place? I find it goes really uncontrollable in some map areas....

From reading in this thread, the truck’s do much better on pavement than off-road.

The bike is better for off-road even with those road tires, lol.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Game have frozen for me twice after cremating MULEs... fuck.

Edit: Well, not frozen exactly. The game is running, but I can’t do anything. Thought the DS4 got disconnected at first, but the home button works.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Game have frozen for me twice after cremating MULEs... fuck.

Edit: Well, not frozen exactly. The game is running, but I can’t do anything. Thought the DS4 got disconnected at first, but the home button works.
Use rubber rounds.... hahaha you're making work for yourself!

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
So the deliveres for the “legend of legends” trophy. I.e 80 deliveries at that rank in hard mode. Is there enemies still after the end game?

Tiamat2san

You sure? Isnt it just nailing premium deliveriets? I played the game on hard and only get the legend rewards with the premium deliveries
I play the game on normal.
I switched to hard before taking the order.
I picked an easy one ( premium )where there’s roads and near.
Completed it and got legend of legends grade.
I switched back to normal after that.

thequestion

If metal gear 2 and 3 are 9/10 games, and metal gear 5 has a 10/10 for gameplay and a 2/10 for story, what would you guys score death stranding?

Just completed the game, clocked in 48 hours. Was something different that’s for sure, and the story was very ... MGS4 levels of nonsense. It was great.

I’m gonna give it a break and see if it draws me back in to get that platinum.

Last edited:

nowhat

alright, thought it was a big ass spoiler

hyphen.jpg

Atrus

Gold Member
Dunno on my map there were 2 places impassable by truck and pretty hard but doable by trike.

You can definitely go all the way in a truck. Follow rivers and use your odradek to find short river crossings with blue and yellow and then boost across. Only red x's will stall vehicles.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
These chapter 6 deliveries
feel like filler. Go from point A to point B. Now go back to point A again. Now go back to point B again. It wouldn't be bad but it's through tons of snow :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryank75

Banned
These chapter 6 deliveries
feel like filler. Go from point A to point B. Now go back to point A again. Now go back to point B again. It wouldn't be bad but it's through tons of snow :(
Use the Bike, there is always a way around. Bring a PCC if you can for an emergency generator. If you run out of energy just move the bike left and right over and over to move forward slowly till you can charge.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I scored it 9/10 few pages back, saying that in my opinion it’s the best Kojima game since MGS2.

Ironically. That was the last Kojima game I played, enjoyed, and beaten.

Never played 3, barely played 4 (Act 2 I think is where I left off), and never played 5.

Got this since it was not another MGS, and glad I did. The game oozes quality in all fronts.

Woodchipper

Seriously, my game is fucked. Yes I know, I shouldn’t kill humans, but now I have these body bags that I want to cremate, but I can’t, because the game freezes when I try to.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seriously, my game is fucked. Yes I know, I shouldn’t kill humans, but now I have these body bags that I want to cremate, but I can’t, because the game freezes when I try to.

If you have not deleted any saves, then go back to an earlier one prior to the bodies. It makes them quite often.

Last edited:

Woodchipper

If you have not deleted any saves, then go back to an earlier one prior to the bodies. It makes them quite often.
Thanks, but I managed to get rid of ’em, finally. I saved manually right before cremation and if it froze I rebooted the game, and eventually it worked.

Well, lesson learned! Not killing another soul.

By the way, I can’t believe how addicting this game really is. Been a few days since I finished the story and I still can’t get enough! This is rare for me.

Top Bottom