• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deaths in High School Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosox333

If it's something my child was sincerely interested in, I don't think I'd bar them from it

I'd wait until I considered them old enough to understand the risks, explain the risks, and let them make their own decision.

None of this Pee Wee 10 year old football stuff though, that's where I think I draw the line. I suppose the hard part is figuring at what age can the kids understand these risks they're taking, but 10 years old cannot be it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Not to take anything away from the tragedies the article reports (and indeed they are tragedies,) but the article is being a bit disingenuous characterizing football as the only sport that regularly kills kids.

I had a rowing coach yell to us on a day we were rowing particularly shittily, "People have died doing this, get it right!" (And they have.) There are deaths in soccer, there are deaths in baseball, there are deaths in basketball, there are deaths in hockey, there are deaths in lacrosse, if people do it, someone's probably died from it.

Does February 4th to March 3rd count? How about July 16th to August 5th?

I agree with this post so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom