• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
I don't think people have sold things outside of buildings for years except for sketchy guys selling t-shirts out of trash bags after a show.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't think people have sold things outside of buildings for years except for sketchy guys selling t-shirts out of trash bags after a show.

they did last year

3 guys in full Cena merch selling Cena t-shirts. I assume they were with WWE.

strobogo

Banned
Really? I haven't been to a wrestling show in a decade, but I've been to ball games/concerts and I've only seen weird dudes selling bootlegs after a game/show.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Really? I haven't been to a wrestling show in a decade, but I've been to ball games/concerts and I've only seen weird dudes selling bootlegs after a game/show.

Well I got there an hour before it was suppose to start and it was a line that went from the arena to 2 blocks down. I guess they're cashing in on kids that are bored.

wkQz9.jpg

Brakus is coming to WrassleGAF.

Best of the Best 2 in real life....Oh wait that was Barakus in the movie

Hey dudes I'm going to try out some Anarchy Championship Wrestling on smvod.com after the Browns game. Just looking for a recommendation from the past year to introduce me to the promotion.

Hey G-Fex you gotta watch Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. They have this tall black guy name Othello and he makes Khali look small IMO

Hey dudes I'm going to try out some Anarchy Championship Wrestling on smvod.com after the Browns game. Just looking for a recommendation from the past year to introduce me to the promotion.

Delusions of our Childish Days from last December could be a good place to start, with El Generico vs Robert Evans in the main event. Or, Guilty by Association 6 from January, which had a number of good matches iirc. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but the 100th show From Innocence to Insanity from July is meant to be a good show. I'd also reccomend the 2012 Queen of Queens tournament, if you aren't adverse to some good women's wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF is complete 100%. Super psyched. Kinda want to do it tonight, and not on New Year's Day. Thoughts? Is there a PPV on tonight? Because if not...GWF could be pretty neat.

Delusions of our Childish Days from last December could be a good place to start, with El Generico vs Robert Evans in the main event. Or, Guilty by Association 6 from January, which had a number of good matches iirc. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but the 100th show From Innocence to Insanity from July is meant to be a good show. I'd also reccomend the 2012 Queen of Queens tournament, if you aren't adverse to some good women's wrestling.

Darn I just looked at those cards and all of them look pretty good. I think I'm going to watch the 100th show. There are quite a few guy's I've never seen before and Portia is on the show. Thanks for the recommendations my good man!

Man, it's gonna be 3 unwatchable months until Mania.I think this will be the first time in more than 10 years that i'm not gonna watch the Rumble live.Cena's gonna win, Punk will lose the title, Shield will get squashed by Ryback...so predictable and awful.
Then we'll have the road to Mania littered with stupid crap, non-buildups and of course gay and poop jokes by Cena and Rock.I mean why would Punk challenge Taker?Because RESTECPA.Wouldn't it make more sense to go back in the title hunt after losing?Fuck, they should have convinced SCSA to come back and to the match everybody wants to see, but we can't have anything overshadowing Once in a lifetime part 2.
Oh yeah and Bork pls vs Burying time just because HHH has to have his WM pedigree moment.Meanwhile Ziggler gets lost in the shuffle and Team Hell No will feud with a random team each week.
I think you just killed my WM hype before it arrived, considering how bumpy the road has been and how disappointing the destination itself has been in recent years this is probably for the best.

All those "Big" potential matches sound thoroughly underwhelming, two rematches of matches that weren't that good in the first place.

The Rock can't get here fast enough.
Even if I know the journey to WM will suck I still can't resist the allure of the Great One, Rock Concert 4: super pandering edition will still be moderately enjoyable surely!

GWF is complete 100%. Super psyched. Kinda want to do it tonight, and not on New Year's Day. Thoughts? Is there a PPV on tonight? Because if not...GWF could be pretty neat.
You should go for it.

Kacho

When is that Japanese PPV stream happening? I remember someone posting about it and I swear it was around New Years time.

strobogo

Banned
wcw200.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 5/17/2000

Here is a recap of Nitro: Sid returned to SWERVE DDP, Horace SWERVED Hulk for that sweet Torrie pussy, Ric Flair won the world title.

Video recap of Nitro.

TO THE BACK. The New Blood ave arrived. In a school bus. Shane Douglas is taking roll call. They all start brawling with each other only for the MIA and MC to attack as well. Lol. Hogan almost hit Crush. Hogan steals the keys to the bus.

vlcsnap-00001_zps96c95a3a.png

The MC and MIA head out the the ring with the NB school bus keys. YMCA, bros. Hogan says Shane can rip up the booking sheet, because the MC are booking the show now. This of course brings out the New Blood. Shane is wearing a sweet fanny pack. Hogan wants a rematch with Kidman at the GAB. With the stipulation that Hulk will get a title match in July. Kidman calls Hulk a mark. WHOREASS. Little nephew is going to get his ass kicked. Fuck, Jeff Jarrett is talking. Flair comes out and dives into the middle of the New Blood. The brawl continues on the stage.

TO THE BACK. The New Blood regroup and reorganize. Konnan is really bothered by Shane being the boss. The Filthy Animals are OUT. Well, not Kidman.

The Filthy Animals' shitty music plays for way too long. I think Disco is kind of replacing Kidman. Konnan calls out anyone from any side.

The Filthy Animals vs MIA.

This is in the Cajun Dome. Major Gunns does something, but we don't get to see it because TBS won't allow for any male/female violence. Van Hammer does a pretty sweet delayed vertical superplex to Juvi. Look. I like Rey, Juvi, and Disco. I do. But I hate Konnan and I really hate heel Filthy Animals. Entirely unenjoyable to me. Shawn Stasiak tries to sneak out, except his music hit, so that kind of defeated the purpose. He low bridges Chavo and a DQ is called. Booker comes out and makes the save. Major Gunns gives Chavo CPR. Because she has incredible lung capacity you see. Because giant tits.

TO THE BACK.
The MC celebrate. DDP and Lex leave.

TO THE TAIL GATE PARTY.

TO THE BACK. Gene is with Booker and the MIA. FUBAR. You figure it out, bros.

Hulk Hogan vs WHOREASS Hogan.

Hulk calls WHOREASS out. Horace tries to take Torrie with him, but Kidman can't handle it. Torrie tries to convince him to chill out, Horace hits Billy and leaves with his woman. Horace looks as old as Hulk. I believe he was in his mid 30s at the time. Hulk gets the weightbelt out and takes nephew to school. Torrie gives Horace a kiss, which sends Kidman out in a rage. So, Kidman has transferred his feud to Horace now? Hulk hits Horace with a chair and hip tosses Kidman over the top through a table. Hulk pretended to hit Torrie, but kissed her instead. She liked it.

TO THE BACK. Lex is looking for the nearest gym.

TO THE GYM. Chuck Palumbo is working out when Lex walks in and finds him. Lex spots him, lets him finish his set, and then beats on him. He hits Chuck with a 40 pound plate that makes no noise when he throws it down and then pours a protein shake on the Main Event.

vlcsnap-00003_zpsd7a9ff6b.png

TO THE BACK. Norman and Ralphus are selling shirts outside of the arena from the back of a car.

Terry Funk vs The Cat WCW Hardcore Championship

Starts on the ramp, heads to the back. Did you know that The Artist has a son that wrestles in his promotion? Isn't that fucking weird? This is every WCW hardcore match. They brawl over to Norman's t-shirt stand. Terry Funk is an asshole and starts beating on Ralphus' car with a chair for no reason. Norman tries to sell Cat a shirt in the middle of the match. Norman hits Cat with a chair, which knocks him into the trunk of the car, where Funk pins him.

TO THE BACK. Mike Awesome is walking with a stretcher. Norman and Ralphus are arrested.

Mike Awesome vs Scott Steiner.

Awesome called out anyone. Steiner says his only alliance is to his freaks nation wide. Steiner basically man handles Awesome. Top rope lariattooooo. T-bone. The recliner is locked on and Goldberg's music hits. It's just Tank again. His Goldberg impression gets funnier each time, though. He gets more and more ridiculous with shaking his head and growling and stuff. Scott meets him head on on the ramp. Rick attacks. Awesome tries to attack, but gets drilled with a clothesline. Tank hits the KO punch. Goldberg's monster truck makes a run in. Scott throws Tank and Rick on top of the hood and the truck drives out of the arena. Mike Awesome gets in the ambulance and drives off. Scott Steiner wins.

vlcsnap-00004_zpsece9a8fb.png

TO THE TAIL GATE PARTY.

TO THE BACK.
The New Blood are regrouping again. The Filthy Animals are back in the group I guess.

TO THE HOSPITAL. Tenay had an interview with Kanyon. He may never walk again.

TO THE BACK.
More New Blood arguing. A phone call comes in. It's Kronik. They want a 3 way dance with Shane tonight. No one wants to team with Shane.

MOMENTS AGO.
Kronik beats up Shane in the locker room.

Crush vs Wrath vs Shane Douglas.

Metldown. F5. The Wall comes out with a table and chokeslams Shane through it. High Times in the ring. Wrath wins.

TO THE BACK. Ric Flair is heading to the arena.

Ric Flair is out. He talks about his title win and has some words about Russo. He says no offense to Italians, and then does a stereotypical Italian accent about Vince's dad saying he had to be like Bruno until they got cable and Vince Russo turned into a Ric Flair mark. He could never be a wrestler, so he had to be a booker. Jeff comes out, calls Ric a deadbeat dad, and they brawl. Crowbar and David hit the ring. Arn Anderson hobbles to the ring with a pipe. Oh, that's not a pipe. It's a piece of wood. Hmm. Arn talks about how he's a wrestler. When he goes home and sees his son playing with matches on the floor, he whips his ass. Fuck the women's groups who get mad. Arn/Flair vs David/Jeff (I think) later tonight.

vlcsnap-00006_zps1abc4be8.png

TO THE BACK. Vampiro is talking to himself with a Sting mask. He sets it on fire.

vlcsnap-00008_zpsb639120e.png

Sting is in the ring. He's pretty close to blowing a gasket and plans to take Vamp out for good tonight. Vamp is out on the ramp. He claims Sting doesn't have balls to cross the line. Excuse me, Steve. Vamp says they'll have an inferno match at the American Bash. Sting says that is stupid. Then the ring ropes are on fire.

vlcsnap-00011_zpse32fb169.png

vlcsnap-00010_zpsac890335.png

TO THE BACK. Shane tells Jeff, Eric is going to be so pissed.

Ric Flair/Arn Anderson vs Jeff Jarret/David Flair

Arn was beaten in the back before he could make it out. Ric went to the back, but Jeff ambushed him on the stage. Jeff, David, and Crowbar are beating on Ric in the ring. David puts his dad in the figure four. Nash comes out. In the ring, Ric pins Daffney with a small package. Jeff hits Nash with a chair, but he gets right back up and chases him out. Ric Flair slumps in the corner and his helped out of the ring where he collapses on the ramp.

TO THE BACK.
Jeff and Shane get in the school bus. But the rest of the MC and MIA tip the bus over. Goldberg's monster truck is heading toward the bus and....fade to black.

strobogo

Banned
It was a decent show, actually. I think the recap style can make even things that make sense come off as ridiculous and nonsense, but the show wasn't bad at all. I don't know why the NB came in a school bus, though. I have to assume it was just so they could tip it over at the end and they weren't able or didn't want to do that to a giant cruiser bus.

That's a really great looking card from New Japan.

Yeah, the card is really stacked. Only matches I'm not too bothered about are Tanaka defending against Shelton and the opening 8-man, although Bob Sapp squaring off against Akebono should be fun just for the novelty of it.

Togi is like the Big Show of New Japan. No one knows why he gets so many pushes other than he's been there forever.

The Japanese fans seem to like him, and his brawling style sets him apart from the other faces, but I find him to be pretty uninteresting. I think he works in this feud though because he represents the side of New Japan that Shibata & Sakuraba despise, plus the exchanges between Togi & Shibata on the last iPPV were pretty stiff, so if nothing else their match at the Dome should be a hard-hitting, hate filled affair, which is always fun to see. But, there's a good chance that Nagata vs Suzuki does that sort of match better anyway. Man, I fucking love Minoru Suzuki.

bean breath said:
Any relation to Prince Iaukea?

Nah, Prince Devitt is Irish.

Why is Akebono there?

No real reason, other than to see him against Bob Sapp.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight - 9pm Central we're doing GWF big and live!

Get your calendars and timers ready!

t1356922800z2.png

We have new debuts, new storylines, and some HOT feuds. 5 star matches and great feuds, folks.

Also, the newly-crowned Sokantish will be DEFENDING his TV Title. But who against?!

Top Bottom