• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots watch with us, EVE will be here tonight! Surely that's worth seeing! After Eve you can go back to the dungeon.

Tokyo Sports named Kazuchika Okada MVP of the year for the 2nd year running, which has only ever been achieved by Antonio Inoki, Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu previously.

Their MOTY was Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi from Night 4 of New Japan's 2013 G1 Climax Tournament.

Here's the list in full;

. Most Valuable Player: Kazuchika Okada - 11 votes after a single round of voting, other nominees were KENTA, Daisuke Sekimoto, Kota Ibushi, Akebono & Yuji Nagata

. Best Match of the Year: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi - 14 votes after three rounds of voting, other nominees; Nakamura vs Sakuraba, Naito vs Tanahashi, Kasai vs Numazawa, Suwama vs Shiozaki, Tanaka vs Ishii, KENTA vs Sekimoto & Fujita vs Suzuki, Goto vs Shibata

. Best Tag Team: TMDK (Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste) - 12 votes after three rounds of voting, other nominees; Yano & Iizuka, Miyamoto & Kodaka, Suwama & Doering & Brahman Brothers.

. Distinguished Service Award: KENTA - 11 votes after two rounds of voting, other nominees; Tomohiro Ishii, Akebono, Tetsuya Naito & Yuji Nagata

. Fighting Spirit Award: Daisuke Sekimoto - 13 votes after two rounds of voting, other nominees; Tomohiro Ishii, Suwama, Tetsuya Naito & Masato Yoshino

. Technical Award: Masato Yoshino - 11 votes after two rounds of voting, other nominees; Toru Yano, Jun Akiyama, Go Shiozaki, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuyuki Fujita

. Newcomer Award: Konosuke Takeshita - 14 votes after two round of voting, other nominees; General Okamoto, Yuhi & Yoshiko

. Joshi Pro-Wrestling Award: Meiko Satomura - 12 votes after a single round of voting, other nominees; GAMI, Saki Akai, Nanae Takahashi, Lin Byron & Kyoko Kimura

Surprised there wasn't a single Tanahashi vs Okada match in their MOTY selection. I really liked Ibushi vs Nakamura, though. Not as much as Nakamura vs Sakuraba, which is what it was up against in the last round of voting.

Boots watch with us, EVE will be here tonight! Surely that's worth seeing! After Eve you can go back to the dungeon.

It's tempting, Eve is lovely. But no, I can't bring myself to watch RAW live. I'm off to continue Tournament of Death 2.

irlGqNeuXDqMI.gif

Guys, I don't have a cable box in my room anymore, is there any way to stream RAW?

I want to go on my Xbox One, stream RAW, snap it and just ignore that shit while I play Battlefield or something, if something interesting actually starts to happen I'll give RAW my full attention until it gets awful again, and I'll just snap it again.

Need a stream to do this now.

Guys, I don't have a cable box in my room anymore, is there any way to stream RAW?

I want to go on my Xbox One, stream RAW, snap it and just ignore that shit while I play Battlefield or something, if something interesting actually starts to happen I'll give RAW my full attention until it gets awful again, and I'll just snap it again.

There's no legal way to stream it. Discussion of illegal streams is frowned upon on Gaf, so tread lightly.

Streams? No idea what those are <_<

somedevil

Tokyo Sports named Kazuchika Okada MVP of the year for the 2nd year running, which has only ever been achieved by Antonio Inoki, Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu previously..

He wins MVP yet doesn't main events New Japan's WrestleMania. Man, Naito really is coming in cold for this match.

Also, they did 4 slammy awards on the app.

Shield won for hashtag and best newcomers, Bryan won best beard and Big Show won for punching out Triple H showing how far Ziggler has fallen to the regular fans.

I'd like the same for the PS4 but it seems to be HTML5 only. Maybe the WWE Network thing can do it one day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Streams are no substitute for being in thefirstrow.

He wins MVP yet doesn't main events New Japan's WrestleMania. Man, Naito really is coming in cold for this match.

Naito's reactions have been all over the place, sometimes he's cheered, sometimes no one cares and occasionally he's been booed - it's a real shame that Okada won't get the Dome main event, but if anything this will only make Okada & Naito want to try even harder to steal the show. Also, Okada's only 26 - he'll get his Dome main event, but Naito's the one who should feel slighted by this. Perfect way to turn him heel, though. If he needed a reason to turn on the fans, this is it.

I wonder how the next gen console browsers would handle a typical janky ad infested wrestling streaming site.

Thats a good a browser benchmark as any

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Do they really think people interested in using apps don't know how to download apps?

Sanjuro

That was a pretty cringe worthy opening

Ruin every surprise for the night? Check.
Use the worst canned openings, action figure quality? Check.
Announce the generic wrestlers who should be on the show anyway? Check.
Show us how to install an app to top it off? Checkkk.

UberTag

This is officially the worst opening in WWE History. Wow.

...maybe I should stop watching this trash...
You know the correct answer to this question, Sanjuro.
At least have the self-respect to skip RAW when the Bruins play on Monday night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan out already so we don't get to see him anymore later :/

Vylash

According to F4WOnline.com, many people backstage in WWE feel the match between CM Punk and Brock Lesnar was in fact the company's best match of the year, however it wasn't nominated because CM Punk can't have a better match with Brock Lesnar than Triple H did

lol

Sanjuro

I feel like it's Vince's idea to flood the programing with Tyler Perry Christmas movie adverts.

Feel like that is his type of film.

My WK8 predictions...

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title – 4WAY Match: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo & Taichi vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
2. IWGP Tag Team Title: Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (c) vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows
3. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway NWA (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
4. Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie
5. Special Tag Match: Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin vs. Toru Yano & X - X will be Bob Sapp
6. King of Destroyer Match: Togi Makabe vs. King Fale
7. Special Singles Match – Hirooki Goto Return Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
9. Double Main Event I – IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
10. Double Main Event II – IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Top Bottom