• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeepDiscountDVD having their 20% off sale -- post what you're getting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Thanks to shpankey for alerting me to this in the Gaming Forum. Last time we were lucky enough to get this we had one of these threads so we needed one for Neo GAF too! Here's what is in my cart so far.. www.deepdiscountdvd.com is the site and enter the coupon code USATODAY at the checkout screen.

THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE $ 19.25 1 $ 19.25
THE SHIELD-SEASON 1 $ 43.91 1 $ 43.91
THE SHIELD-SEASON 2 $ 43.91 1 $ 43.91
MADDEN NFL FOOTBALL 2005 XBX $ 45.99 1 $ 45.99
OASIS-THERE & THEN $ 11.96 1 $ 11.96
COSPLAY COMPLEX $ 14.99 1 $ 14.99
PLAYMAKERS $ 29.89 1 $ 29.89
FULL METAL PANIC V.03 (ANIME BOOK) $ 6.00 1 $ 6.00
AZUMANGA DAIOH V.03 (ANIME BOOK) $ 6.00 1 $ 6.00
CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM-2ND COMPLETE $ 29.99 1 $ 29.99
SPELLBOUND $ 19.89 1 $ 19.89
WHALE RIDER (SE) $ 14.27 1 $ 14.27
Promotional Discount: $57.21
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $228.84

If I decide to get more, I'll use the DVDTALK code :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just bought Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 and Simpsons Season 4 :)

Meier

Not sure how long it will last.. last one was only a week or so as I recall. Good idea on CYE Matrix, that's going in the cart!

shoplifter

AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE V.02 $ 23.39 1 $ 23.39
MINISTRY-TAPES OF WRATH $ 9.00 1 $ 9.00

Promotional Discount: $6.48
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $25.91

golem

crap i just bought both NBA dynasty dvds (actually 2 laker ones since one is a gift) from them.. oh well

Wolfy

Banned
This kid was playing with an industrial sized A1 container at the food bank I was at this morning and he knocked it over and A1 steak sauce went all over the place. That was terrible.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well, if this deal lasts until my payday, I will be ordering Kimagure Orange Road vol. 2-6, and Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2.

Oh how I wish I had the money to buy more...

I tried cancelling my existing order for Wolf's Rain v. 01 (w/o box), but apparently it's in processing. Oh well, I was able to cancel SAC vol. 01 and reorder it for another 20% off.

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED V.01 - GRIM REALITY 1 $17.99
GHOST IN THE SHELL STAND ALONE COMPLEX V.01 1 $16.49

------------- ---------------------------------------- -------- --------

Promo Discount: $6.90

Shipping Price: $0.00
Order Total: $27.58

That's a little less than $14 a DVD, sweeet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Another code that works...

DVDTALK

:D

Xizk

It would be nice to order some dvds, but I'm not sure if I can afford to buy anything :/
But it's still very tempting. I hope the offer lasts a while so I can make up my mind,

Bowser

BTW, can you stack coupon codes? I want to use DVDTALK with USATODAY, but after I put USATODAY in, the code box was gone.

Pimpwerx

Coupons are not stackable AFAIK. I got the same thing. And the site is slow as molasses. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow. I'm only gonna buy cheapo movies anyway. I want the Aqua Teen DVD, but don't really know. PEACE.

Bowser

Pimpwerx said:
Coupons are not stackable AFAIK. I got the same thing. And the site is slow as molasses. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow. I'm only gonna buy cheapo movies anyway. I want the Aqua Teen DVD, but don't really know. PEACE.

Damnit. So what does DVDTALK do? Yeah, the site is pretty much unsurfable (I guess).

Meier

Well it is probably getting hammered since their 20% off deals are pretty sporadic.. not to mention their DVDs are cheap for the most part as is (especially anime).

As for the codes being stackable -- of course not. The amount of money they'd lose on 40% savings would be staggering. You can only use the coupons once per account per sale.. so DVDTALK just lets you put in another order while the sale is on if you remember some stuff later or whatever.

Bowser

Meier said:
As for the codes being stackable -- of course not. The amount of money they'd lose on 40% savings would be staggering. You can only use the coupons once per account per sale.. so DVDTALK just lets you put in another order while the sale is on if you remember some stuff later or whatever.

Hey, I don't care how much money they lose. Just looking out for #1 ;)

Bowser

Anyone want to recommend some things to me? I'm not gonna order until tomorrow (or late tonight) when the site isn't as slow, and I don't really know what to buy (I just know I can't pass this up).

Things I like : Family Guy, Futurama, Chappelle's Show, TMNT

I'm thinking about getting Family Guy Vol. 2 and Chappelle's Show: Season One, but don't know what else. I haven't seen Big Fish, I might get that DVD. Dunno what else though, maybe some early Man Show DVDs...

My girlfriend just bought me Chappelle's Show Season One, it's a good set considering it can be purchased for $17 brand new. It is odd seeing how the episodes are only 18 minutes long, but it's still worth buying.

A voice in the back of my mind is trying to tell me to order all the seasons of X-Files. That's a lot of dough, but hmm, 20% off...

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Bowser: Buy both sets of Mr. Show DVDs. It's quite posibly the funniest TV show in the history of man. Season 1 & 2 come in one package, Season 3 in the other. I nearly peed myself during many, many moments of Season 3. Oh god, it's so very, very good.

pops619

SHIT! I just ordered stuff from there a few days ago. What horrible timing! I could have gotten like $30 off my order... I'll have to go check and see if it's not too late to cancel. If it is, I might just order some more stuff just for the heck of it.

SKluck

Banned
20% is nothing. Remember when they had 40 or 50% off? That was awesome, I picked up a lot of sets when that was on.

1 FXD009847 DVD : ALIEN QUADRILOGY BOX SET $ 58.55
1 BVD032407 DVD : ALIAS-2ND SEASON $ 36.28

That was in december.

Meier

SKluck said:
20% is nothing. Remember when they had 40 or 50% off? That was awesome, I picked up a lot of sets when that was on.

1 FXD009847 DVD : ALIEN QUADRILOGY BOX SET $ 58.55
1 BVD032407 DVD : ALIAS-2ND SEASON $ 36.28

That was in december.

They had the same deal, with the same codes in December.

Bowser

Hmm...hey guys, name some good TV shows (24, Family Guy, Futurama, Chappelle's Show, The O.C., etc.). I want to get some season sets...

the site is slow as shit right now. How much does the CYE season2 come out to with the 20% off from DDD? And is the shipping free (and reliabl)?

pops619

Yeah, I remember it being 20% off in December. I still saved a fair amount of cash considering all the stuff I ended up buying.

The free shipping has always been reliable for me. It's a little slow, but hey, it's free. It's not like you have to wait a month or whatever to get your stuff either.

Meier

Free shipping is an option, yes. It takes 5-10 days but shit a few days longer is worth it IMO, especially with such huge savings. Curb would be about 24 bucks with the deal.

Chrono

Banned
I'm ordering some stuff right now.. but have some questions, can anyone help?

1) Do I need to get the samurai X movie w/ the OVAs? and isn't the OVA 4 episodes? the OVA collection says there are 3.. >__<

2) where do the OVAs and the movie for kenshin fit in with the arcs?

3) If one item is out of stock.. does my entire order get delayed until they can ship that one item? would that effect the discount by anyway...?

Chrono

Banned
Just placed my order. :)

Rurouni Kenshin- Wandering Samurai Boxset
Samurai X- 1st OVA Collection
The Samurai X-Motion Picture

Full Metal Panick- Mission 01 w/ box and T-shirt
Full Metal Panick- Mission 02
Full Metal Panick- Mission 03
Full Metal Panick- Mission 04
Full Metal Panick- Mission 05
Full Metal Panick- Mission 06
Full Metal Panick- Mission 07

Total: $ 223.10
Promotional Discount: $ 55.77

I never knew about that site before-it's already cheaper then most without discounts!

Chrono

Banned
mjq jazz bar said:
GOD HOW DO YOU GUYS SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON THIS STUFF? MY DREAM IS TO DO THIS SORT OF THING.

Well for me I probably won't buy any DVDs for sometime after this order..

Matrix

Another code that works...

DVDSALE

:D

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This would be the sweetest site ever if it wasnt based in IL. But since it is I have to pay sales tax. Taxes piss me off!

**EDIT** Screw it I got.......

WHEN TRUMPETS FADE
L.A. CONFIDENTIAL
RUN RONNIE RUN
GREASE
DEAD MAN ON CAMPUS
A MIDNIGHT CLEAR
SANDLOT
THE RING

signet

how long is this sale good for?

I can get all the Buffy and Angel DVDs for just under $300.00 but I won't have the money in my account to pay for them until the 30th.

Anyone wana spot me $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom