• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DeepDiscountDVD having their 20% off sale -- post what you're getting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drensch

Suppposedly the codes were an internal test and somehow they got out...

Dear DeepDiscountDVD.com Customers, The promotional code posted on this and other forums was being tested internally and it was not intended to be released to the public yesterday. We do take this matter seriously and are conducting an investigation into exactly where the leak occurred. We do, however, appreciate your enthusiasm for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com and we will honor the orders that we received. We're sorry that many of you were unable to submit your orders because of the heavy load on our servers. We had not planned for the additional traffic at this time. Again, we do thank you for supporting DeepDiscountDVD.com over the years and hope that you'll continue to shop with us in the days to come! Sincerely, David Barker VP Ecommerce DeepDiscountDVD.com

The bastards! I'll never order from them again!

j/k

Seriously though, I'll bet these promotions can really make some money for DDD. Even if the discount cuts their profit margin razor thin, it seems that a lot of people (like me) suddenly want to order a bunch of DVDs they were on the fence about buying, and boom, they put in a hundred-dollar-plus order. Plus the fact that all the buzz over the discount on internet forums probably attracts a lot of first-time customers to their site.

Bowser

Their Simpsons Season 4 DVD set magically became $5 cheaper after they took away the "leaked" promotion...coincidence? I think not! I'll still probably get Simpson Season 4 from them since $31 is the cheapest I've seen so far.

dtrip

Meier said:
Haha, glad I went through with my order last night.
me too:

SLEDGEHAMMER-1ST SEASON, THE
HELLBOY (SE) (2D)
SIMPSONS COMPLETE 4TH SEASON
STAR WARS TRILOGY (WS)
MONK-1ST SEASON
SEALAB 2021-1ST SEASON
AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE V.02
WWE-HARD KNOCKS: THE CHRIS BENOIT STORY

Promotional Discount: $45.80
Total: $188.10

I was wishy-washy on what I wanted to get, so I only ordered:

FRIENDS-COMPLETE 7TH SEASON
ALICE IN WONDERLAND-MASTERPIECE ED

Order Total: $40.32

Then I regretted not getting some stuff and tryed to go for it again, but it wouldn't let me use the same promo code. Of course I searched around and found that there were multiple codes and got a 2nd order through:

STAR WARS TRILOGY (WS) PREORDER
SIMPSONS COMPLETE 4TH SEASON PREORDER
FUTURAMA-V.03
FUTURAMA-V.04 PREORDER

Order Total: $121.32

Very warm deals all around outside of the Simpsons set which is just mild.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>THE SHIELD-SEASON 1 $ 43.91 1 $ 43.91
THE SHIELD-SEASON 2 $ 43.91 1 $ 43.91<<<

Heheh. Costco had those for $24.99. The same week, they had Alien Quadrilogy for $41.99.

Meier

Damn! That's an insane deal on those Shield DVDs on Costsco. We have a membership there too. Oh well, what can ya do.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>SLEDGEHAMMER-1ST SEASON, THE <<<

Wha-wha-what?! I love that show.

I just got DVDTalk.com's newsletter and it's about the 20% Coupon Code, it says you can use the code "DVDTALK" until the 25th of June. So maybe it will work for the people who couldn't get through before, since it's "official" now.

Doesn't work for preorders.

Mason

SUMMERSALE doesn't work on presale items. I guess I'll wait a few days and pick up season 1 of Reno 911 when it's released.

When I didn't get an order in to DDD in time for the earlier discount, I turned around and bought this baby instead, which I sorely needed:

cdv-1500.jpg

Taran2.jpg

I'm an oak man. I like oak.

Ristamar

adelgary said:
I just got DVDTalk.com's newsletter and it's about the 20% Coupon Code, it says you can use the code "DVDTALK" until the 25th of June. So maybe it will work for the people who couldn't get through before, since it's "official" now.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Another coupon code good for 20% off is " usatoday" :)

I cant get the damn site to load :(

Chrono

Banned
Archaix said:
DEEPDISCOUNT is another 20% off coupon.

No preorders/games with this one though.

Really? I just got the newsletter (with the DEEPDISCOUNT code) and they say all titles are on sale. Funny I checked my e-mail right after I got my package from the office. What package? my last order from DDD when the codes were leaked! I got kenshin and full metal panic. :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Chrono said:
Really? I just got the newsletter (with the DEEPDISCOUNT code) and they say all titles are on sale. Funny I checked my e-mail right after I got my package from the office. What package? my last order from DDD when the codes were leaked! I got kenshin and full metal panic. :)

The following fine print was at the bottom of my email:

*Offer valid on currently available DVD's only. Coupons do not apply to orders for prerelease DVD's. Other merchandise, including video games, accessories or electronics are excluded from the sale. Coupon valid from 6/18/04-6/25/04 only.

Mike

Thought I'd throw my two cents in...

I ordered the full set of GTO DVD's from DeepDiscount last time they had a 20 percent promotion, and got them all except for one, which was backordered. No big deal, but when it did come a month and a half later, it was the wrong one. They then charged me for both, and I had to call and get it straightened out. So I did finally get all my DVD's for the outrageously low price, but that one didn't get to me until over 2 months after I ordered it.

Still a great deal, but just be aware that you may have to wait quite a while if they're backordered.

Drensch

1 ADV007552 DVD : ROBOTECH RE-MASTER-MACROSS CO $ 14.39 In-stock
1 ADV007562 DVD : ROBOTECH RE-MASTER 2ND MACROS $ 14.39 In-stock
1 ADV008102 DVD : ROBOTECH RE-MASTER 3RD MACROS $ 14.39 In-stock
1 FXD021917 DVD : SIMPSONS COMPLETE 4TH SEASON $ 23.91 In-stock
1 HBD091709 DVD : CHEATERS, THE $ 4.79 In-stock
1 PRD087991 DVD : CHAPPELLE'S SHOW-1ST SEASON S $ 11.91 Backorder
1 RHI976644 DVD : TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE $ 10.61 In-stock
1 WBD032260 DVD : NIP/TUCK-1ST COMPLETE SEASON $ 27.91 In-stock

All but Chapelle have already shipped.

SKluck

Banned
Fuck, I caved. 2 orders, one on each of my credit cards.

AMELIE $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04
STARSHIP TROOPERS (SPECIAL EDITION) $ 17.16 1 $ 17.16
TRAINING DAY $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
TITAN AE $ 5.74 1 $ 5.74
THREE KINGS $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
ROBOCOP $ 7.29 1 $ 7.29
MINORITY REPORT (WS)(2D) $ 11.52 1 $ 11.52
SCHINDLER'S LIST COLLECTOR'S SET ( $ 22.08 1 $ 22.08
BLACK HAWK DOWN (DE)(3D) $ 23.88 1 $ 23.88
$113.11

THE FIREFLY (COMPLETE SERIES)(4D) 1 $28.76
DIE HARD: ULTIMATE COLLECTION 1 $40.99
FAMILY GUY-V.01 1 $28.71
FAMILY GUY-V.02 1 $29.27
$127.73

Still have to get the Sealab, Reno 911, and Chappelle's Show dvd (Didn't get because of OOS) next month.

I ALWAYS get my dvds at deepdiscountdvd.com

yea, sometimes it may take them awhile but they will get to you and for the cheapest prices (unless you get something on sale at best buy)

for me, 80 percent of the time i get dvds at deepdiscount, 20 percent best buy or some random store that has some special deal.

with this 20percent thing i got

futurama v03
city of god
the hidden fortress
kill chiba collection
lady snowblood
lady snowblood 2
(i was gonna get sealab since its one of my favorite shows but the 20percent discount doesnt apply to preorders)

I think it came out to like 97 something with the discount.

peace

Meier

Havent gotten mine from the previous sale yet.. hopefully tomorrow maybe? Sucks if it doesnt come until Monday but oh well, I can live with it. Probably will buy some more discs with this current sale.. looking at finishing off RahXephon likely.

The DVDs I ordered from the previous deal showed up today.

I ordered last Thursday night, got a confirmation email Friday morning, a shipping notice Friday afternoon, and started the waiting process.

I read over on DVDTalk that people were getting their DVDs Monday and Tuesday, so I got a little anxious, pair that with the fact that I forgot the free shipping didn't entail a tracking number, and I was impatient not knowing when they would show up. Thankfully they did.

Got all of my order in one shipment, excluding one preorder for next month.

However, the one thing I'm not sure of is they sent me the shipping confirmation that included items to be released this past Tuesday, but my credit card wasn't billed until Wednesday.

So I don't know if they actually shipped my preorders early, or just said they did and waited to ship them past the 15th. I don't care though.

my dvd's from the first 20% still haven't EVEN SHIPPED! they cancelled my order a few days ago, i called their customer service line and got it straightened out (apparently you have to confirm your shipping address if its different from your billing.... i dont know how they want me to confirm it, they had all the information on my account page i typed it in correctly but whatever) and they replaced the order. that was on wednesday, it still hasn't shipped out yet. it's not a huge deal but seriously man wtf this is ridiculous.

goodcow

OFFICE SPACE $ 10.37 1 $ 10.37
I LOVE LUCY SEASON-1ST COMPETE COL $ 59.96 1 $ 59.96
MIDNIGHT RUN $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG THE MOVIE $ 6.23 1 $ 6.23
JUDGE DREDD $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
DEMOLITION MAN $ 7.91 1 $ 7.91
FAMILY GUY-V.02 $ 29.27 1 $ 29.27
ARMAGEDDON (CRITERION EDITION) $ 23.22 1 $ 23.22
HOUSE OF THE DEAD $ 11.48 1 $ 11.48
SO I MARRIED AN AXE MURDERER $ 11.41 1 $ 11.41
FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF $ 10.84 1 $ 10.84
THE BREAKFAST CLUB $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
VAN WILDER/WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S (2P $ 8.50 1 $ 8.50
BOWFINGER $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
CANNIBAL THE MUSICAL $ 11.98 1 $ 11.98
THE ROCK (CRITERION) $ 23.22 1 $ 23.22
ALL IN THE FAMILY COMPLETE 2ND SEASON $ 17.64 1 $ 17.64
JACKIE CHAN'S WHO AM I? $ 7.92 1 $ 7.92
OPERATION CONDOR 1 $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
THE TRUMAN SHOW $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
ENEMY OF THE STATE $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04
BEVERLY HILLS COP 3 $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
NEW YORK $ 80.59 1 $ 80.59
WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP $ 7.99 1 $ 7.99

Now I feel poor. :(

SKluck

Banned
1 COL006672 DVD : STARSHIP TROOPERS (SE)(2D) $ 17.16 Backorder
1 COL009288 DVD : BLACK HAWK DOWN (DE)(3D) $ 23.88 Backorder
1 FXD008929 DVD : FIREFLY (COMPLETE SERIES)(4D) $ 28.76 Backorder

Would be nice if they told me what was on backorder before I ordered it... Like every other internet store in existence.

SKluck

Banned
You would think that wouldn't you? It said that for Chappelle's Show and Atlantis, so I didn't order them.

Didn't say that for these movies.

SKluck

Banned
I didn't say it when I ordered it.

So apparently it went on backorder from the time I ordered it to the time they confirmed it.

goodcow

Oh, alright.

I really think you're making too big of a deal out of this. You can always call them up and cancel the backordered items.

Meier

Uhh even items on backorder should be eligible for the sale as long as they're already released.. what's the big deal?

Deal didn't look dead to me. Added something to my cart and it took the 20% off.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of decent amount of money in my bank account, I'm gonna have to pass on a $42 set of Red Dwarf series 3 and 4.

Edit: Oh. :(

SKluck

Banned
They don't hold whole orders if 1 or 2 things are on backorder do they? That's what I was kind of worried about. Not to mention not getting what I want for a while... but that is unimportant I suppose.

I can't justify buying Curb Your Enthusiasm. $25-30 (or $20 I guess with the 20% off) for 5 hours of content just seems kind of ridiculous.

Should be $15 like Chappelle's Show. Southpark is fucking insanely priced too.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just ordered 9 DVDs (total of 12 movies):

The Transporter
Dave Gahan Live Monsters
Underworld Special Edition WS
Zoolander
Pulp Fiction CE
Reservoir Dogs SE
The Rundown
Dark City
Back to the Future Set