• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I really hope my raid group can get the two sword method down.

Not even having to deal with ogres would be ideal.

Yeah two swords is an easy strat but does require precise execution, really can't afford to have much lag going on. Just make sure to down the sword bearer closer to Crota and be precise with the timing of each shield break so that you get 3 breaks per sword.

It just sucks to be way, way ahead on damage and have the sword disappear before the final hit connects to kill him because the shield breaks and/or sword approach was slow (since he enrages due to low health now). So you end up wiping an otherwise winning run.

I can post a strat break down at some point maybe but it's almost exactly the same as normal Crota. Only difference is where to go for Ogres (bottom right tower) and the 6th and final shield break will be done when Crota enrages due to low health after the 5th sword combo.

The only thing that matters is not having red bar connections and then not getting unlucky with the disappearing sword glitch.

Same as normal mode Crota w/ a Lv31. Just have to get a bit lucky with Crota's aggro activation and timing of shield breaks. People have been doing this stuff from very early on with Lv31s on normal Crota, it's the same damage scaling.

HM Crota is almost identical to normal Crota as Lv31s, the "new" stuff they added can be completely avoided and ignored.

OK, thanks for the info... what about the boomers on the left that you have to deal with? You can't kill both because of the witch? Or do you kill both and then just deal with the witch?

Edit: witch = wizard

GutZ31

Yeah I do feel bad and I don't mean any offense to anybody but please keep in mind that it affects everyone and takes up everyone's time. I have no idea what causes it or how to avoid it and it fucking sucks but Bungie was too cheap to pay for dedicated servers and we play with people all around the world which doesn't help I'm sure.

Being active on voice comms, paying attention to connection bars, etc. etc. are just ways to be considerate of your fellow raiders. It only matters for the very small percentage of "serious" PvE activities like Crota when forced to be underlevled.

One way to "minimize" this, is to have someone with a very stable connection, in an area hopefully close to everyone geographically, go start a raid by them selves, and everyone join onto him/her after they load in.

This forces them to be the host of the session.

That's what I thought yesterday lol this was my second night doing it for hours. Teams im with aren't bad I dunno things just aren't falling into place.

We died so many times from glitches/random happenings it was insane. We be rolling along smoothly,then Crota would eat 4 Gjalla rockets and not go down or Orges would not spawn, or Crota would get up immediately, etc. You really have to be lucky along with being skilled to get it done.

Deku Tree

so what's good about those dancing shoes?

this

PSA: Those Radiant Dance Machines have an insanely good roll for a Xur Exotic! 147 STR

98BbqFr.gif

if you guys are lagging, go back to orbit and choose a different person with a better connection to be team leader so they're the host. that will help.

We did this and it helped for a few runs but then seemed to get worse and worse fairly quickly. I have no idea but same person had the consistent red bar regardless of switching who had fireteam lead.

LiK

OK, thanks for the info... what about the boomers on the left that you have to deal with? You can't kill both because of the witch? Or do you kill both and then just deal with the witch?

Edit: witch = wizard

our group didn't even kill them. just keep their attention by shooting them.

We did this and it helped for a few runs but then seemed to get worse and worse fairly quickly. I have no idea but same person had the consistent red bar regardless of switching who had fireteam lead.

was it Steroyd? Destiny servers hate him. :p

Hmm...if you can consistently jump from the center to his platform this would be fairly easy to do.

Titan with upgraded height jump can get up from the ground. Warlock can easily make it from the chalice table. Going from the middle or the sides doesn't matter though for this video, it's only about the timing of the shield breaks and having Crota aggro'ed on the other team members so you didn't smash the sword runner (and they weren't lagged out).

Got it maxed and Abyss Defiant is already my favorite weapon. Its a glorious mix of Confluence and/or Monte Carlo/SUROS Regime, depending on how you spec it.

Really hoping to get the Scout Rifle later today

Titan with upgraded height jump can get up from the ground. Warlock can easily make it from the chalice table. Going from the middle or the sides doesn't matter though for this video, it's only about the timing of the shield breaks and having Crota aggro'ed on the other team members so you didn't smash the sword runner (and they weren't lagged out).

gotta start asking for a SAME REGION ONLY requirement in all those LFG posts then.

Kaiken

Banned
Guardians!

The battle was grueling! It took many hours of perfection, coordination, frustration, and awesome team work. We did it boys, and it’s a great feeling to be able to say we conquered the most challenging encounter of destiny. Honestly, for me the most challenging fight in any game I have been a part of.

Shout out to all those that helped, we could NOT have done this without you!

- Noomi85
- Messiek
- Rubenov
- Captain_Smirk
- Nick_B
- Suggins
- Kaikken

Below are 3 videos from my PoV as sword carrier, you will see our strategy and execution get better with each video. Please note that I made some stupid mistakes, and you will definitely see them. My aim was for shit, I would get stuck, hesitate, run around like an idiot panicking…..but we got it done. Most of us were going on many hours of gameplay (8+, 10+ hours?) So please keep in mind we were very tired haha so be kind! :p

1st Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFw1H1ctcQ

2nd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkGMVRa8r1w

3rd Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NautXfNusjA

Thanks for these and the invite. Damn good group of people right here!

Navy Bean

From watching HM Crota vids it still seems like completing involves the following:

80% swordbearer guy being good
10% Titan dropping well-placed bubble
10% everyone else just staying alive and shooting off rockets

So, as with all my regular Crota runs, it still seems to come down to the person with the sword. If he or she is good then your odds go way up. Conversely, if he or she is average or worse you really have no chance.

Got it maxed and Abyss Defiant is already my favorite weapon. Its a glorious mix of Confluence and/or Monte Carlo/SUROS Regime, depending on how you spec it.

You guys need more people im in 32 hunter/warlock with Gallarhorn psn pansargryning

Is your avatar a cartoon version of True Detective?

So, you like Abyss Defiant, even in lieu of its low Impact? I tend to steer clear of high RoF, low Impact ARs like they're the devil.

LiK

From watching HM Crota vids it still seems like completing involves the following:

So, as with all my regular Crota runs, it still seems to come down to the person with the sword. If he or she is good then your odds go way up. Conversely, if he or she is average or worse you really have no chance.

keeping the Boomers off the sword master makes it as easy as Normal. they're the biggest threat to the runs.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I honestly have no idea how ppl (non-swordbearer) die during the encounter. If you aren't the sword master, then your job is so freaking easy by comparison!

Deku Tree

It may appear that way because if the samarui messes up then everyone dies but it is really a team effort.

ocean

Banned
By the way, I wasn't aware there's a cheesy way to do the Bridge. Requires a Bladedancer (preferably) and Sunsingers.

Bladedancer crosses the bridge and immediately hides in front of the "lamp"-ish thing immediately to the left of the center plate. It's a tight ledge between that lamp and the edge but you can comfortably stand there. Thralls and the Gatekeeper will be all around you there but won't attempt to attack you. Blade dancer stays crouching so he's invisible most of the time, just to be safe.

On the other side, everyone commits Guardian mass suicide. After a few seconds, all the adds despawn except for the Swordbearer. Your Sunsinger(s) will then revive and safely snipe the enemies on the far side of the bridge. Blade dancer can't die or the totems activate and it's a wipe, so he stays invisible behind his lamp.

After sniping enough enemies (it can take a while if there's only one Sunsinger sniping), the Ogres will come out. Once they're dead, get your sweet loot.

I suppose this shouldn't be necessary if you have a good team, but it works great if you want to run 31 alts through the encounter. Whether you want an extra roll at the Auto Rifle or more Shards to finally get to 32, there you have it.

forrest

formerly nacire
Well after wrapping up CE hard mode last night on my Hunter as sword bearer , I'm looking to work on my alt Hunter.

I need full CE hard mode and Atheon Hard mode

Forrest_Crump

Just gonna work on bounties in the meantime, so hit me up

Navy Bean

keeping the Boomers off the sword master makes it as easy as Normal. they're the biggest threat to the runs.
Do you kill both or just one so wizard doesn't spawn? Running it tonight and want to at least have a plan (that will inevitably go to shit within 2 minutes).

Well after wrapping up CE hard mode last night on my Hunter as sword bearer , I'm looking to work on my alt Hunter.

Forrest_Crump

Im in Ce hard mode psn pansargryning 32 hunter/warlock

I really wish there was a way outside of the raid to practice the Crota encounter with the sword without inconveniencing 5 other people as you figure it out; like a VR simulation or something. I'm 32 and haven't touched the sword once.

By the way, I wasn't aware there's a cheesy way to do the Bridge. Requires a Bladedancer (preferably) and Sunsingers.

Bladedancer crosses the bridge and immediately hides in front of the "lamp"-ish thing immediately to the left of the center plate. It's a tight ledge between that lamp and the edge but you can comfortably stand there. Thralls and the Gatekeeper will be all around you there but won't attempt to attack you. Blade dancer stays crouching so he's invisible most of the time, just to be safe.

On the other side, everyone commits Guardian mass suicide. After a few seconds, all the adds despawn except for the Swordbearer. Your Sunsinger(s) will then revive and safely snipe the enemies on the far side of the bridge. Blade dancer can't die or the totems activate and it's a wipe, so he stays invisible behind his lamp.

After sniping enough enemies (it can take a while if there's only one Sunsinger sniping), the Ogres will come out. Once they're dead, get your sweet loot.

I suppose this shouldn't be necessary if you have a good team, but it works great if you want to run 31 alts through the encounter. Whether you want an extra roll at the Auto Rifle or more Shards to finally get to 32, there you have it.

Have tried this. Totems still activate and wipe everyone.

Is your avatar a cartoon version of True Detective?
sure is!

So, you like Abyss Defiant, even in lieu of its low Impact? I tend to steer clear of high RoF, low Impact ARs like they're the devil.
Its extremely versatile and accurate thanks too Focused Fire. It turns it into a quasi-scout rifle aiming down the sights, but it fires like an epilogue from the hip.

I do miss the impact of Confluence but not by much
You guys need more people im in 32 hunter/warlock with Gallarhorn psn pansargryning
If we have a drop, I'll send you a message

Axoman

Atheon was up to all his old tricks last night - people stuck in the gate, only transporting 2 people, instant transporting... Good news is he had plenty o ships to hand out.

I recorded the video when you guys were stuck coming out of the portal, it's funny to watch it.

Glad you finally got your fatebringer!

LiK

"Them" being the Boomers or Wizards?

If Boomers, what did you do to avoid the shots fired? Just be watchful or was there a bubble(s) involved?

Do you kill both or just one so wizard doesn't spawn? Running it tonight and want to at least have a plan (that will inevitably go to shit within 2 minutes).

Boomers, we never spawned a Wizard. We would kill one at most but that's usually if we needed to. No bubbles there, we just occasionally shot at them to keep their attention on us. I was on Boomer duty with some help from another teammate but I was mainly keeping an eye on them while my crew focused on Crota.

Congrats Drizzay on finally getting it down. We worked long hours you deserved it.

Thanks casmith! Fight is very, very easy. Just need to make sure we don't have red bars. Disappearing sword glitch isn't even a wipe anymore. 3 swords is the conservative approach. We can run it again whenever you guys are around, I'm just taking a little break now since the lag was killing us on our second characters a minute ago.

So, for my own sanity and all of yours, can we all just calm the fuck down about a video game? I get the frustration... but damn, let's not take it out on each other. We are a team. Team DGAF I believe it is.

Honestly, to me, the game itself is secondary to the social part (ie: you guys). If it weren't for you guys, I'd certainly have moved on from the game.

I can only speak for myself but I was never really upset about the game after getting over the initial (admittedly severe) disappointment of what HM CE is. Said it a million times but apparently it bears repeating: HM Crota is on farm, it's a complete cake walk unless the lag is really bad because the timing is so tight when under leveled.

The only thing that ever seriously bothered me was seeing a community that had always been so warm and inviting to newcomers and each other start being unpleasant. Also said this a million times but can always be repeated: I <3 DGAF.

I realize the way the loot system works is about the way most loot systems work. It's all random, but it seems odd when I think about it that way because of the following. Does Crota just get up one day, decide to go out for a leisurely stroll and before he leaves grab his stuff? Like "Better grab my radiant shards and energy, never know when you will need some. Oh, and I feel like today is a Black Hammer and Word of Crota kind of day, should keep the hoodrats away. Suppose I'll leave my shiny Crux of Crota at home though, would hate to lose that LOL!". And then, suddenly, wild guardians appear! Or he is chillin at home in bed with the wife, and all the sudden he hears the door rattle "What was that , honey" his wife says. "I don't know, i'll take my swordbreaker and hunger of crota and go check". He creeps to the stairs and then a bunch of miscreant guardians bash into his house and he is like "F789ing guardians again!!!!!". He whips out his rocket launcher, and unfortunately his chandelier is too close and the rocket explodes in his face and he dies due to misadventure. Then we randomly pillage his stuff since there is no honor among thieves.

Is that about how this works?

Deku Tree

No it works. If you are hiding in the wrong spot too far away you wipe. But if you are hiding in the center it works... For now.

You did something wrong then because I've done it with two different characters this week. The sunbros have to wait until both enemies de-spawn on the intial side and you start seeing thrall rushing around on the other side before rezzing. As long as there's a person alive on that other side, the totems won't go off.

jaaz

No, it works. I can confirm this as well. You don't even need a blade dancer Hunter. Just get one guy across the bridge and he can sit on the rock to the right of the center door. Nothing can hit him there except wizards, which the locks on the other side should kill first. Locks need to make sure the thralls despawn before the revive. And they shouldn't touch or kill the sword bearer, which is the only one add alive on that side at this point.

Holy shit, you can take 75% of Crota's health with ONE SWORD. This is hard mode btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9K_y0TtqBc

Rocket guys needs to be PERFECT to work and a pretty good swordbearer hunter

Forrest_Crump

I juest need the first two parts of HM, can I join?

PSA: Don't kill both Tower Knight Boomers at the same time and the Wizard will never spawn.

The only exception to this is during Ogre phase when you can kill both Knights without spawning a Wizard (since thralls are now spawning from the Wizard's location) but you should be in the bottom of the Tower anyway so it's a non-issue.

Kill the Boomer Knight closest to Crota, on the side where the sword runner will be jumping up (you don't have to mess with the other Tower Boomers at all in this situation), then damage the other one but don't kill him until the second Boomer respawns.

Navy Bean

We only had 5 last night so all we did was get 1 across the legit way. He hid in front of the lamp. Then everyone died, waited for the despawn and sunsingers revived. Sniped the ogres and collected some sweet loot. (Don't judge me lol).

No need for blade dancer if you have at least 4.

Top Bottom