• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

FUCK man! Bought 6 helm engrams:

Mask of the Third Man
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
ATS/8 Arachnid
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light

Seriously WTF?! I don't have a hunter, already had Inmost Light, and it fucking rolled three Inmost Lights back-to-back-to-back.

FUCK YOU RAHOOL.

Seriously?? Ouch, man...

Jinjo

Spot on but I'd like to add people need to rethink their loadouts. Suros or red death are ridiculously useful along with gear that allows for health regen on orb pick ups. That can be essential to a team running to the tower for ogres since you have to go through boomers and thrall.

Additionally the swordbearer should be using Mask of the Third Man and raid guantlets for increased melee speed.

The strategy can be the same for mechanics but the nitty gritty details can really help those on the edge of competleting it.

Melee attack speed perks don't stack and melee attack speed is not a guaranteed perk on raid gloves. The boomers are actually most deadly throughout the entire raid.

I felt bad for Redman's bad connection until I rewatched Macello's video and saw he got Shards, Energies, the helmet AND red death from our first kill.

Forget to mention before but with our second characters we actually had a Crota run where he "died" i.e. had 0 health left while getting smacked with the sword but the lag was so bad that engrage wiped us anyway. Sogood.gif.

KxoZz

Lol, if I sit in the tower with Glowhoo or whatever and go grab a meal or something and come back I have like 3 or 4 random invites...

the one reason i equip it is to gain acknowledgement and respect from randoms in the tower and on patrol.

When it gets more common, i'll switch back to a better looking shader.

No, shouldn't delay the hits at all. Should be invis and waiting for rockets then pick up sword again when they are hitting.

Hunter invis strat has always been the easiest way to get lots of damage since you don't have to go anywhere. Just gets boned by lag (but so does every other strat mostly). Titans can fly so they can "out run the lag" so to speak better than others.

Got it, thanks. Sorry to bother you with a bunch of questions. I haven't been able to play all week due to real-life stuff... I'm jonesing to get home and play. This is how I'm keeping my addiction in check until I get home tonight.

Jrmint

I felt bad for Redman's bad connection until I rewatched Macello's video and saw he got Shards, Energies, the helmet AND red death from our first kill.

Forget to mention before but with our second characters we actually had a Crota run where he "died" i.e. had 0 health left while getting smacked with the sword but the lag was so bad that engrage wiped us anyway. Sogood.gif.
Drizz any runs I could jump into this weekend?

E92 M3

Spot on but I'd like to add people need to rethink their loadouts. Suros or red death are ridiculously useful along with gear that allows for health regen on orb pick ups. That can be essential to a team running to the tower for ogres since you have to go through boomers and thrall.

Additionally the swordbearer should be using Mask of the Third Man and raid guantlets for increased melee speed.

The strategy can be the same for mechanics but the nitty gritty details can really help those on the edge of competleting it.

I used: Abyss Defiant, Black Hammer and Gjallar-baby. For health regen, Blade Dancer was useful. When I didn't have BD, I just learned to avoid damage and be careful as fuck. Sucks getting tagged by boomers though.

Did you guys run any VoG yet this week?

We only ran 1 on Tuesday with 2 more planned for Monday or so. You want in? I still need my Fatebringer :(

rNilla

It's really weird that you have to clean up after the Deathsinger encounter to get the checkpoint. I can't think of any other part of this game that's like it. Usually when you kill a boss that section is over.

Got it, thanks. Sorry to bother you with a bunch of questions. I haven't been able to play all week due to real-life stuff... I'm jonesing to get home and play. This is how I'm keeping my addiction in check until I get home tonight.

haha happy to help, it's the lifeblood of the community!

Signing back on now if anyone wants to team up with me and casmith for a quick HM Crota kill.

Drizz any runs I could jump into this weekend?

Fo sho. As long as we don't have red bars it will be very fast.

I guess I'll just have to join on a GAF attempt and see how it's executed properly. I mostly curious to monitor the SB because it didn't feel like ours did anything wrong most of the time and that the timing was good but still couldn't get enough hits in.

Jrmint

haha happy to help, it's the lifeblood of the community!

Signing back on now if anyone wants to team up with me and casmith for a quick HM Crota kill.

Fo sho. As long as we don't have red bars it will be very fast.
What day and time? I won't be home until after 3 est

You know what you need to do; make a Hunter. Join The Legend of Six Coyotes.

Congrats on Member status btw.
heh, I leveled up three characters to 31, don't think I can do it again. Not now :D

Seriously?? Ouch, man...
Yep. My Titan desperately needs Platsteel so I can be happy about that... right?
nope, FUCK YOU RAHOOL

I was also using Vita remote play and kept getting disconnected so that didn't make things any better. *sigh*

zewone

It's really weird that you have to clean up after the Deathsinger encounter to get the checkpoint. I can't think of any other part of this game that's like it. Usually when you kill a boss that section is over.

Yep, very strange. It's one of the reasons people theorize a hidden chest is connected to this encounter. It's weird that we've only found two chests at this point.

Crota's End missing that VoG mysteriousness

Tapiozona

Banned
So what is best Suros or red death?

Normally I'd say Suros because it's an infinitely better gun but for Crota, since you'll be using secondaries and heavies more than anything else, I'd go with Red Death. Anytime your health gets low just pop a thrall and you're back at 100%.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I used: Abyss Defiant, Black Hammer and Gjallar-baby. For health regen, Blade Dancer was useful. When I didn't have BD, I just learned to avoid damage and be careful as fuck. Sucks getting tagged by boomers though.

We only ran 1 on Tuesday with 2 more planned for Monday or so. You want in? I still need my Fatebringer :(

yeah for sure, still my best chance at getting a GHorn.

gdt

Man, hammered my head against the wall at Crota yesterday to no avail. There were definitely glitches but one of our problems is we could never get away with hitting him 4 times. Our sword bearer would be there at the perfect time, in advance sometimes, and he still had to settle for three strikes or else Crota would get him. What's the trick to doing this? I wouldn't mind having a full strategy explained by someone that's beaten him multiple times or feels their strat will work every time.

Our strat was using the middle window. One person would keep boomers staggered with snipes (I've seen something about a bubble in the tower on here but don't know when you'd apply this) and the rest of us would blast him with primaries and have him down by the time the SB got up to him, then SB would use the melee-turn invis trick and we'd blast him with heavies to quickly get him down again. SB would get his hits in then everyone runs back to the crystal room from top left. We would drop a bubble at the entrance so no one would die from the boomers shots, applay supers to heal and create orbs for others as needed as we wait for Crota to return to center. We drop a bubble just outside top left to get back to center window without getting nailed by boomers and repeat. Most of the time our SB would die around here but a few times we made it to Ogres for which we just stayed top right and sniped/heavied them without much difficulty. Our real issue is the SB couldn't survive but a lot of that stemmed from him not being able to get as many hits in as he should with his timing and some glitches.

Don't go for 4 hits. You might enrage him at the wrong time.

Edit: in fact you will definitely enrage him and then lose your sword before you can kill him. You'll enrage at hit 15 get another shot in and then all die.

lt519

Melee attack speed perks don't stack and melee attack speed is not a guaranteed perk on raid gloves. The boomers are actually most deadly throughout the entire raid.

Yeah, change it to a OR then, we weren't sure so he rolled with both.

Now that we are beating it I don't want people to get discouraged by not being able to do it. There are a lot of things we take for granted with excellent known raid teams that don't function so well on random teams and the small things can help. I wouldn't even attempt blink strike if you don't have a pro sword-bearer. Watch our swordbearer video on the first page of the thread, we did it in 4 swords nice and conservative (he did get killed by a boomer at the end because the bubble wasn't perfect, but besides that it was all timed well enough). The pro strategies of dropping him 3 times per sword or blink strike are very difficult to pull off and are not necessary.

zewone

Don't go for 4 hits. You might enrage him at the wrong time.

Edit: in fact you will definitely enrage him and then lose your sword before you can kill him. You'll enrage at hit 15 get another shot in and then all die.

14 R2s is the limit? Good to know.

ERMint13

FUCK man! Bought 6 helm engrams:

Mask of the Third Man
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
ATS/8 Arachnid
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light
Helm of Inmost Light

Seriously WTF?! I don't have a hunter, already had Inmost Light, and it fucking rolled three Inmost Lights back-to-back-to-back.

FUCK YOU RAHOOL.

I just rolled back to back Knuckleheads....Didn't need them at all. Last time I gambled on helmet engrams I got one....ugh.

Tapiozona

Banned
I've seen a few posts over the past few pages from lonely Xbox One users having a hard time finding GAFers to do Crota with. Wouldn't hurt to start a list so....

- Liquidsnake00 (32 Hunter)
- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)
- TacticalFailure (32 Titan, 31 warlock, 31 hunter)
- yLEFTy (32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock)

I'll keep updating this list and add bump it every couple pages as more names are added.

Mindlog

The safest way to get 4 hits is to land your first before Crota kneels. That leaves you plenty of time to cloak strike.
Only issue with invis is lag. Crota can and will stand up and smack your ass even if you invis'ed well before his immune shield popped up, if the lag is back enough. Happened to us many, many times.
Does making the sword bearer Fireteam Leader/Host alleviate this?
I had to avoid going for 4 sword hits at times just because I wanted to be certain Crota wouldn't kill me while cloaked.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I've seen a few posts over the past few pages from lonely Xbox One users having a hard time finding GAFers to do Crota with. Wouldn't hurt to start a list so....

- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)

purg3- 32 Titan x3

lt519

I think everyone watched that world record video and then all the sudden felt a need to rush through the encounter. You can do it in 4 swords (we did 2 kneels, 2 kneels, 1 kneel, 2 kneels) playing nice and easy. I've experienced more teams dying trying to do it to fast and squeeze out an extra swing when it's not really required.

Like DrDrizzay said the encounter hasn't changed, just mind the boomers a little different (take down one at a time), for the Ogres go into the towers instead of the middle, and be mindful of your gear set up this time.

Iceman829

- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)

Iceman829 - I'll help with w/e if I'm free. I just like shooting stuff.
32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan that needs them shards

Ambitious

I think everyone watched that world record video and then all the sudden felt a need to rush through the encounter. You can do it in 4 swords (we did 2 kneels, 2 kneels, 1 kneel, 2 kneels) playing nice and easy. I've experienced more teams dying trying to do it to fast and squeeze out an extra swing when it's not really required.

Like DrDrizzay said the encounter hasn't changed, just mind the boomers a little different (take down one at a time), for the Ogres go into the towers instead of the middle, and be mindful of your gear set up this time.

I guess that's going to be my biggest problem. I don't have enough shards to upgrade my raid gloves (and not enough glimmer to exchange my energy for shards), so I have to stick with my Sunbreakers.

Awesome sniping there bud. You just controlled them like no other.

Anyone looking for a great knight super tutorial vid watch this. It was definitely key to our first try run. I don't think Dhruv got shot at once by those boomers.

Hey Jinjo, what about our raid?

Awesome sniping there bud. You just controlled them like no other.

Anyone looking for a great knight super tutorial vid watch this. It was definitely key to our first try run. I don't think Dhruv got shot at once by those boomers.

True, not once. I only lost health due to crota's shenanigans

PSA: I am down to help anyone here anytime with HM CE or whatever else, even though I won't be playing at all otherwise. Wait.... that might not lower my play time at all actually, shit....

Did you guys try going back to orbit and come back? Sometimes that helps.

Sorry I missed this post earlier, but thanks for the help! :)

One way to "minimize" this, is to have someone with a very stable connection, in an area hopefully close to everyone geographically, go start a raid by them selves, and everyone join onto him/her after they load in.

This forces them to be the host of the session.

We will keep trying these suggestions, hopefully we can get it sorted out. The geographic location issue really fucks us (Around the World is our clan name after all) but I'd rather play with my people or not at all. Thanks for the help!

noomi

I can join you guys for one run with my hunter. : )
Let's hope I get something for my warlock next week.

Cool, I'll do one run today around 3:30PM and save the other one for tomorrow with Nuszka & company. I can try to run your lock through Crota tomorrow as well :)

I'm down for today afternoon; leaving for Singapore tomorrow for a week

Right, Singapore... lucky! Sounds good, I'll be home in about 2 hours from this post.

I'm always up for a hard mode run if you guys need another.

Absolutely dude, you're always welcome. If your online, I'll shoot an invite your way. Team 'Murica!

Thanks for these and the invite. Damn good group of people right here!

No problem man, mucho gracias for helping us out yesterday :D

Decent haul from the 3 Crota Kills

-Better roll helmet for Titan
-Shader for all 3 characters
-Word of Crota - Hand Cannon
-Fang of Ir Yut - Scout Rifle
-Graverobber Sparrow

Don't care about the tacky ship, and no idea how to get Crux yet. I can just relax doing hard mode Crota kills. Willing to help anyone who needs it now. No stress for loot or if I complete it.

My Titan has cleared all of Hard Mode but my Hunter and Warlock have only downed Crota. I would be so pumped if the two of them are able to get me the last two weapons left.

Xur was decent for me.

I bought Radiant Dance Machines and got Apotheosis Veil from the engram. Just need 3 more exotic armour pieces to complete the collection for all 3 classes! I bought 2 engrams, so I could buy more to try to get these last 2 helmets I need. Hrmmmm...

Hunter (1)
-ATS/8 Arachnid (Hunter Helmet)

Warlock (2)
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet)
-Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets)

Plus he finally has the Invective upgrade, so I have 22/24 of the exotic weapons, and all 22 are the 331 versions.

Jinjo

Hey Jinjo, what about our raid?

Heya, I dunno sorry man. Nobody really replied to confirm the time and I saw some people already went in and then I just went with a group that was forming. I have a hard Crota checkpoint on my alt lv 32 Warlock that I don't really want to lose.

True, not once. I only lost health due to crota's shenanigans

Awesome new avatar btw. You wield that sword like a lightsaber for sure lol.

yLEFTy

- randomraawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona (32 Hunter)
- purg3 (32 Titan x3)
- Iceman829 (32 Hunter, 32 Warlock, 31 Titan)
- Homeboyd903 (32 Titan x3)

I'll keep updating this list and add bump it every couple pages as more names are added.

yLEFTy ; 32 titan and hunter and 31 warlock

Top Bottom