• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Skele7on

Banned
“If you purchased the existing Digital Collector’s Edition, and you already owned Destiny and both expansion packs, we’ll have some additional information for you soon.”

We haven’t forgotten about you. We know who you are, and we’ve kept a list. We’ve also identified what we’re going to give you for your awesome early purchase. Unfortunately, it’s stuff that won’t be available immediately at launch. The use of the word “stuff” here is regrettably vague, but we think you’ll be pretty excited once you learn the details.

Whatttt?

FyreWulff

OK, these are the posts where we all panic.

It'd be great for the entire week between the patch and Taken King going live, it's just a week of world-events with level 37 enemies.

Everyone has to band together to even make it through patrol and survive the initial onslaught of Oryx's army. Then a week later, we fight back.

shaw515

Neo Member
I think not returning players to orbit on Nightfalls is a great change. It will be nice to not have to rely on playing incredibly cautious and searching for cheap ways to beat them. I think most of us were beating them consistently anyways so why not do something to encourage playing them as intended?

JayHayabusa

quick halp. which image looks better?

I wanted to have the text overlay the image to save space, but it didn't end up looking good unless the text was really small. This lets the text be isolated and opens up room for short blurbs over an unimpeded image.

a02c036dbc2f150cb6636ede58c752d1.png

a7e4e5194e9de7a4320412d8bdacbdd1.png

43e58719a4026b10be1b3d5ed13861c9.png

I like the middle one best. Such a calm beautiful image. Doesn't distract from the text

noomi

Well I bought the digital CE a few weeks back, so I'm curious if I fall in the bucket of "get some special shit after launch" or not.

They mentioned it was for those that pre-ordered before that announcement, but I honestly don't remember when that was.

Here's to hoping they make good on their statements...

GlamFM

Banned

I wanted to have the text overlay the image to save space, but it didn't end up looking good unless the text was really small. This lets the text be isolated and opens up room for short blurbs over an unimpeded image.

First is best. Second is OK. Third has too much going on.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Oryx is best, Planet is 2nd best.

Nuszka

Well I bought the digital CE a few weeks back, so I'm curious if I fall in the bucket of "get some special shit after launch" or not.

They mentioned it was for those that pre-ordered before that announcement, but I honestly don't remember when that was.

If you get something really cool, a thing that i would really want to get and never will...ah...the teasing will not stop...

jacobs34

Jumped from level 30 to level 33 today by doing a couple of Raids (thanks for the help DGaf!), grinding out an Etheric Light in Crucible and buying exotic armor from Xur. I lucked out and got two exotics.

What a crazy jump. If I can beat PoE sometime tomorrow I'll be one piece of armor away from reaching 34.

FyreWulff

Also, if the Strange Coin economy is about to slow down..

.. time to be playing PoE 28s
Of course, they haven't confirmed if PoE's drops are changing

Carn82

I'm curious as well. Wanted to go full-digital (still had the physical vanilla Destiny); so I thought "hey, why not".

tooooooast haven't seen you in ages

the saturn image fits really well but i see what you're saying. i'll probably need to find a better picture of oryx because I think that one is a bit messy. otherwise the second one is my favorite pick.

Saturn does look the nicest I don't disagree. If you could get the Dreadnought in the frame that'd really tie it together.

And yeah life and other games made me miss the HoW train so now I feel like a dirty scrub whenever I jump on haha. I'll be in there when TTK drops though

I think Saturn looks the best. Is there a similar image with the hole left by the dreadnaught more visible?

You get coins when you rank up a faction so I doubt it'd slow down much, if any.

I doubt people will be getting 27 coins a weak as easily and QUICKLY as they do now. I think it's a good thing though to make exotics harder to obtain(for people that haven't amassed hundreds of coins already).

I really like Saturn. Middle one is good too.

Namikaze1

Well, this is coming out nicely. I'm switching out the Destiny logo with GAF's later on.

Again, if you want to be added to the Anniversary pic, please send me a PM with a link to your emblem pic. Make sure it has your GT/PSN ID on it.

noomi

Well, this is coming out nicely. I'm switching out the Destiny logo with GAF's later on.

Again, if you want to be added to the Anniversary pic, please send me a PM with a link to your emblem pic. Make sure it has your GT/PSN ID on it.

Awesome, I'd like to be a part of this, sending it to you now, check PM :)

I just moved it up a bit.
63579b0d1cf34c25fc6f4ba8dcbff30b.png

It took me a while to realize the Dreadnought was there to begin with :3

Looks really nice, good work!

would be kind of awesome if you added a small transparent hypenaught as an easter egg :p

Lnkn52

Lol, I'd think by now you would have been exhausted cutting out all those Guardians. I'll be sending mine soon, it's going to be a bit custom.

you probably already thought of it, but i'd suggest inverting the colors on the Destiny icon to make it white. It'd stand out more.

i don't have any current images so i'll pm mine another time

Where do we find our emblem and stuff?

Anything useful to buy from Xur? The only thing I have that he's selling is the Crest of Alpha Lupi.

Top Bottom